Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Please Help (down to the 25th hour)

Author Topic: Please Help (down to the 25th hour)
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been reading over this thread and I think Favor Minded has given you some very good advice.

As a person who has lost all including 2 homes and businesses, I can tell you that all too often we try to do when we sould rest in HIM. It is HE that is strong when we are weak. But we dont like to be weak. It is not hard to hold onto faith in times like this... what it is hard to do is rest on faith in HIM rather than faith in ourselves and what we can do to save ourselves and our lives.

Maybe it is God's will that you lose your home. Maybe he has more excellent home and life situation for you, but you are too busy trying top hold onto the one you have to see it.

We have to learn to live by HIS will not ours. If God wills you to keep this home then nothing and I mean nothing will take it from you, but if God has a different plan for your life then you will experience great pain and agony trying to live your plan rather than his.

Maybe your prayers for the saving of this home are amiss, maybe your prayers should be for peace to let go and follow him to where he is taking your life. Are you willing to follow HIM even if he leads you to a homeless shelter with your family? I know a man who is a wonderful Godly man and father with a good job and a bunch of beautiful kids and a house etc.. he met his wife in a homeless shelter where he worked and she lived for a time. How do you know that God doesnt have something waiting for you in a place that you are trying to avoid because it doesnt look like your plan?

We must be willing to humble ourselves and go where he leads us, regardless of what that looks like. God did not promise us a life without hardship or tribulation and trial... but he does promise to turn all things that the enemy means for our harm into things that are ultimately for our good, but more importantly for HIS glory!

If you are finding it hard to have faith right now, realize it may be because your faith is in you and your picture of how life should be or your plan. Place your faith in HIM and be willing to go with JOY and thanksgiving to the place that he will lead you. We are not to worry about 11 days from now. We are to do what we can this day nd rest in HIM for tomorrow. God has not promised anyof us that there will even be an 11th day from now.

May God Bless you and Keep you... And may you see HIS blessing and Provision in your current situation.

In Christ,
Linda

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe and Susan Anderson
Community Member
Member # 3818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe and Susan Anderson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to say thank you for your prayers again. And I have turned it all over to you Lord. No matter what I will stay strong and in the end we will all see your works. If it is your will for us to keep our home then so be it, If it is not so be it. We praise you and just ask that you continue to be with all those who need you. We thank you for all those who have graciously given to us in our time of need. I know that some of you that gave are also going through some very tough times and I pray for you and your families as well. Thank you lord for all you have provided to us and we thank you in your name Jesus Christ.amen.

--------------------
Thank you and God Bless All

Joe, Susan, Nicole, and Rose Anderson

Posts: 13 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Favor Minded
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

My wife Susan has gone to meet with Nicoles treatment staff.

I should have gone with her but I am afraid I will miss that phone call or even the mail man.

TRUST in the Lord - YOU MUST! You MUST do what God tells you to do. STOP being in FEAR! Now, more than ever you MUST SIMPLY TRUST and DO NOT DOUBT! Doubt is causing fear, and fear is the TOOL of the ENEMY!

quote:

I am doing everything in my power to stay srong for Susan, she is about to fall to pieces.

You said "My Power" - THAT, my friend, IS EXACTLY where the enemy wants you to be - Tryin to do it in YOUR POWER, YOUR TIME -

You are trying to create your miracle, instead of simply giving it to God - You SEE the time as running out, and you want GOD to do SOMETHING NOW, instead of trusting in the idea that HE IS IN CONTROL! Give it to him - ALL of it! Say FATHER GOD!!! I know you are in control! I release all of my fear to you! Take it from me Lord - I know Your Yoke IS LIGHT! And I know you have a plan and I will NOT allow the enemy to cause me to fear! AND I WILL NOT ALLOW THE ENEMY to continue to convince me that it is too late! AND I WILL STOP TRYING TO CREATE MY OWN MIRACLE and allow YOU GOD to work in our lives!! AMEN!!

PRAY THAT!

quote:

I am almost at a loss for words now. And my emotions? I am spinning pretty hard right now. Could not sleep last night. I have attempted to contact members of my home church and apparently their server is down or something.

You must allow God to work, go about your normal business, and KNOW THAT HE IS GOD! Stop Worrying ! The Word says Worry IS SIN! DO NOT FEAR! Fear is the Enemies tool!

quote:

We have raised just under $1000.00 with both our auctions and those of you that have given. I believe the only things that are holding me up right now is the Lord himself through all of you and those who are watching us and praying for us and the few donations we have recieved. I am trying to hold on to the hope and faith that if we dont save our home, that we have enough to relocate.

PRAISE GOD!! YOU MUST Praise him for what he has done already, and STOP Counting on ALREADY LOSING! BY worrying, and thinking you hope there is enough to relocate, you EMPOWER THE ENEMY to WIN!! DON'T DO THAT!!

Your HOPE lies in the saving power of Jesus Christ, NOT in money, or donations, or anything that the WOrld tells you will save you. ONLY GOD can do that, and he wants you to know that when it is all said and done, you WILL KNOW that ONLY GOD could have pulled THAT OFF!

quote:

We have nothing more to sell or liquidate. One week from today we will either have a home or we won't have a home? Thank you again for all of your prayers and please if you can spare just a dollar or two our auction site accepts secured donations than you.

Pray for those who are much less fortunate than you - Pray and thank GOD for what you DO HAVE! And Worship him with all that you have, and all that you are, and THANK HIM for all that you have, you must, NOW MORE THAN EVER, do this!! ALLOW HIM TO WORK!

God is NOT MOVED by man! He wants your absolute FAITH and TRUST! Give it to him like you never have before, and stop trying to create a miracle! Only he will do that, IN HIS TIMING, NOT YOURS!

Thank and Praise him as much as you can....

"Lord God, we pray right now that you work in the Anderson family lives - Lord, show yourself strong to them, give them peace and willingness to allow you to work through them. God, in the name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ we BIND THE ENEMY and the stronghold of fear he has on them Lord - The Word says whatever we bind here WILL BE bound in Heaven, and We KNOW that the enemy has NO POWER over this family!

Lord, we thank you for your healing, saving, every loving grace and mercy and we know that you have a plan for them. We ask you now in the POWERFUL name of Jesus to bring peace, love, joy, happiness, and patience to this family and home, and we thank you for continuing the work you started in them Father. Satan, YOU HAVE NO AUTHORITY and NO POWER to cause ANY MORE FEAR OR DAMAGE to this family - Thank you Lord, for ALL THESE things in POWERFUL NAME of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, AMEN!!"

In Gods Love,

Favor Minded

Pastor Jim
[Bible]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe and Susan Anderson
Community Member
Member # 3818

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Joe and Susan Anderson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday September 3, 2004 11:40 a.m
My wife Susan has gone to meet with Nicoles treatment staff. I should have gone with her but I am afraid I will miss that phone call or even the mail man.
I am doing everything in my power to stay srong for Susan, she is about to fall to pieces. I am almost at a loss for words now. And my emotions? I am spinning pretty hard right now. Could not sleep last night. I have attempted to contact members of my home church and apparently their server is down or something.
We have raised just under $1000.00 with both our auctions and those of you that have given. I believe the only things that are holding me up right now is the Lord himself through all of you and those who are watching us and praying for us and the few donations we have recieved. I am trying to hold on to the hope and faith that if we dont save our home, that we have enough to relocate. We have nothing more to sell or liquidate. One week from today we will either have a home or we won't have a home? Thank you again for all of your prayers and please if you can spare just a dollar or two our auction site accepts secured donations than you.
Joe Anderson

--------------------

Posts: 13 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe and Susan Anderson
Community Member
Member # 3818

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe and Susan Anderson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Pastor Dave for your prayers and generosity. We believe it is only by His strength that we have been able to hold it together for as long as we have. Even though we may be near the end of our rope, I know he is on the other end holding us up. Although I sent a personal reply I wanted to say Thank You again.

--------------------

Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father, Joe Anderson is in great need for your immediate intervention. Joe has going through a great shaking give him the strength to remain on the vine. Heal his body and restore him to perfect health. I have all faith that the doctors will find his liver and other vital organs in perfect condition when they perform surgery to restore his intestinal tract. Guide the surgeon’s hands that they will successfully repair all the damage. May this time of trouble be used to strengthen Joe’s faith and the faith of his family members. Move on the hearts of all Christians who read his post to find it in their hearts to give at least one dollar to help his family. Heal and restore his daughter. I curse bipolar disorder and cause it to come out of Joe’s daughter in Jesus name. Father, send the Holy Spirit to minister to Joe, Joe’s wife Susan and their children Nichole and Rose. Give them the peace that passes all understand so that they will have all faith that you are in control dear Abba Father. May many others that know of this situation see your mighty hand at work in Joe’s life and come to a saving knowledge of your son Jesus our Christ. Father we will be very careful to give you all the glory, honor and praise for this great miracle. In Jesus name we pray Amen.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe and Susan Anderson
Community Member
Member # 3818

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Joe and Susan Anderson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your kind words and you are right.
It's just extremely hard to keep faith when for the past year we have literally had to sell off everything we own just to keep food on the table and the lights on. Since October and I have been ill we have had to let go of three business's we had a manufacturing business and 2 coffee shops. So now we are down to practically nothing, and again in lesss than 10 days now we will lose our home. My family is not ok with being homeless. Thank you again.

--------------------

Favor Minded
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!

I was reading through the thread and I felt compelled to offer some advice.

First, the tangible -

I see you have several things on eBay but let me give you some ideas of what to sell that will generate some good revenue quickly -

Here is my ebay Auction Site & eBay Store -

You can see by the products I have listed that if you have any of these type of items you should be able to sell them easily and make some quick cash.

Now the tougher part -

Trust - As simple as it this might seem, you have to now, more than ever, stand and trust God.

Fear (False Evidence Appearing Real) tells you wthat you are going to lose everything.

Faith says I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

God is working in your life right now - You MUST Let him...

I would stop trying to control your situation and begin immeduately to stop speaking out all the things you believe are wrong.

Start speaking what God HAS done for you -

I thank you Lord that I have a nice home, that my bills are paid, that I am able to be debt free, that I am the Head and Not the Tail, that I am More than a Conqueror, That I am a Victor and Not a Victim, thta I will Lend and not Borrow, that I have a wonderful family, I thank you Lord for the knowledge that you have given me that the Father of Lies is trying to steal my joy and my peace.

I am not going to let him.

I know I am saved, I know you are the God of MORE THAN ENOUGH, and I know that you are going to bring me through, and I know that you are going to make my crooked places straight, and you are going to make that enemy pay me back more than double.

You MUST Stop trying to control your situation and allow God to control it. He wants for you to let him lead, but you must first trust him - Stop speaking all these negative thoughts about loss and start speaking positive truths about what God has done.

When you do that, he is going to bless you beyond anything you can hope for or imagine - But you MUST trust him first -

As a child trusts in what Daddy tells them, so must you trust in what Daddy God tells you -

The things you profess out of your mouth will prophesy your future - So prophesy GOOD things, recognize GOOD things, and thank God for you do have, and thank him for everything that is not as though it already were.

When you begin to do that, then God is able to work and begin to bless you abundantly.

He wants you to know right now that he is standing by, waiting for you to trust ONLY in him -

The testimony you will have when this is all said and done is one you'll be able to share with others -

Begin RIGHT NOW, and do not look back -

All those negative thoughts and feelings, say Thank you Lord because the Enemy says I am going to Lose, and since he IS the father of lies, I know I am going to WIN! Praise the Lord!

Now, one last thing - With an open heart, ask the Lord to begin to show you the ares of your life that need Excavating - He will begin to show you the things he wants you to clean up so he can work through and for you.

He started a work in you - And know that he WILL finish it, if you will allow him to.

Be that willing vessel, and you will see the Power of the Almighty God - And you will want to share it with EVERYONE!!

In God's Love,
Jim

Favor Minded

http://favorminded.com

[Bible]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe and Susan Anderson
Community Member
Member # 3818

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Joe and Susan Anderson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really want to believe and I even keep telling my wife that all will be OK. My 14 year old Rose. keeps asking me if we are going to be able to save our home. This is her first year of high school and she is really excited and looking forward to it. Out of all of my kids she is the scholar in the family.. Anyway I emailed a few more people sending them links. If enough people sent just one dollar we might have a chance. Please take a minute and go to the follwing link. God Bless

Title of item: Angel of Hope (Good Samaritan) Home to be auctioned :
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?RedirectEnter&partner=888801&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi%2Eebay%2Ecom%2Febaymotors%2Fws%2FeBayISAPI%2Edll%3FViewItem%26item%3D5516662526%26category%3D16710%26ssPageName%3DADME%3AB%3AEF%3AUS%3A1

--------------------

Joe and Susan Anderson
Community Member
Member # 3818

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Joe and Susan Anderson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another day just about over and still have yet to hear from anyone I have emailed including my own church. However we have recieved three donations now and thats a big plus and I forever thank those that have gone to our site and made donations. I am trying very hard to keep my faith and hope up, but its very hard. I bet I have sent several hundred emails now asking for help. 11 more days and our home gets auctioned. It just is not fair. If it was just me to worry about that would be OK, but its not just me. I have the most wonderful wife and daughters in the whole world. My wife is whom has taken care of all of us, she has held us together. Who is holding her together? Between me and my daughter and now our finances, I am worried for her most of all. I love you Susan.
Anyway enough for today, maybe tommorrow will be better.

--------------------

LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh good, I am relieved you do have a church and pastor to lean on. I don't want your family to not have a roof over its head if for some reason your house is indeed auctioned. I am sure that even if your church cannot give you money (and I do hope you get some with your auctions), they will not allow you and your wife and children to sleep on the streets and starve.
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe and Susan Anderson
Community Member
Member # 3818

Thank you for your words. Our Church has given alot of spirtual guidance. Our Pastor is a wonderful person and he is also my friend. I have not asked the church for financial help because I dont believe their is anything they can do in that area. I am in hopes though that people will use the link to our Angel of hope Auction. Any contributions will be greatly appreciated. God Bless and Thank You for your kind words.

--------------------

TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 9 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need to talk to your Pastor and seek guidance. I wish I was in a position to help but we lost part of the money we were going to get a house with and since moving we did not have enough in the first place, and now.............. [crying]

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaurieFL
Advanced Member
Member # 3794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaurieFL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have a church home? I believe that is the place I would be seeking help from right now if I were in your shoes (and, quite frankly, I am in your shoes, but have a wonderful mother who is helping us right now).
Posts: 700 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe and Susan Anderson
Community Member
Member # 3818

8/27/2004
The Anderson’s
Milwaukie, Ore
Please Help the Anderson Family
Angel of Hope
Please help us. We have experienced much tragedy in our household over the past year and we are desperately seeking help. I have not been able to work since last October. On October 1st of this last year I went to work that morning and came home early as I was not feeling well. Two days later I was in the hospital and my colon had burst.
My prognosis is now that I have diverticlitus with Hep-C which is now complicated with cirrhosis of the liver. I have another surgery scheduled the 23rd of September to do both a liver biopsy and put me back together.
It has not been a good year at all; our 17 year old daughter is currently in a Hospital being treated for bi-polar and other personality disorders. She spent most of this last year on the run.
Our home is going to be auctioned off the 10th of next month and we have no money, family, or any place to go. Since October we have sold off all of our possessions just to survive. We really thought that we would have had Social Security by now.
In order to save our home we need a minimum of $115,000. We currently are auctioning items on E-bay in hopes we will be able save our home and if not at least enough to be able to move. If we don’t come up with enough money by September 10th we will be homeless. We have a 14 year old just starting High School which today is registration day, she will be totally heartbroken if we lose our home as well disrupting her. She is a good kid and loves school.
My wife has held us together, and to be honest I don’t know how. I have been worried over the last few months as to her own emotional status and how much more she can take.
We are not good at asking for help but I am asking and pleading for your help now. We are down to the 25th hour in less than 3 weeks we will be homeless. Please Help.
Here is a link to one of our auctions would you please pass it on: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5516662526&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Joe, Susan, Nicole, and Rose Anderson 503-788-1378

Angel of Hope Auction ( Please Help The Anderson's

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement