Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » A New Life

Author Topic: A New Life
HisGrace
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2Cor. 12:9
"My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness."
So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me.
Since I know it is all for Christ's good, I am quite content with my weaknesses....
For when I am weak, then I am strong.

As someone has said, we should pray without ceasing, which means we don't have to be constantly kneeling to pray. Someone else also has described it as "an attitude of prayer", which to me means it should be a part of us like breathing. It may not always come into our minds in audible words, but God knows all of our hidden thoughts and prayers.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tyme
Advanced Member
Member # 3017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Prayers are with you.

Tyme.

--------------------
I dream of a world.......

Posts: 527 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SciptureAndPrayers
Advanced Member
Member # 3633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SciptureAndPrayers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christel,

I would love to pray for you and I will.

I don't think that the problem is so much that you're lazy, although you obviously are in a better position to judge that than I am. Sometimes, especially when we're under attack, our hearts feel overcome with darkness and bitterness or grief. At those times we tell ourselves that we surely can't go to God in such a state of mind, sensing that we wouldn't even know how or where to begin because our mind is so clouded with cares and worries. Actually, there is no better time! God is a healer, and Jesus came to heal those who were sick. Though God welcomes prayer at all times under all circumstances, (after all, Jesus died so that we could be reconciled to and have fellowship with God), where better to go when you are troubled or oppressed by evil than to God?

Also, I've found that with many Christians prayer is often considered something that you keep in your back pocket for emergencies, or in other cases it is thought of more as a duty, like taking out the garbage. The sad thing about this is that prayer is a gift, a privilege more wonderful than I think we are capable of comprehending. It demonstrates that the veil to the Holy of Holies has been torn down; we have access to God, we sinners who should be afraid to even look up have been washed clean and made holy and thereby granted audience with the Almighty! Every second of time we spend in prayer should be seen as the greatest opportunity available to us until that time comes that we meet face to face. I think that if we grasped how truly magnificent it is to spend time in His prescence, we would never cease praying!

So thank you for presenting me with another opportunity to be in His prescence. Amen.

--------------------
In Christ's love. Amen.

Posts: 345 | From: Rochester NY | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christel
Member # 3712

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Christel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would really appreciate it if you all can pray for me. I've been having some struggles in my christian life. I have not been praying as much as I should and I have left an opening to the enemy.

I ask that you pray for my life and that I get the motivation to keep urging myself to pray because I know that I'm lazy to pray. And I ask that you pray for my family for they are mighty men and women in God. And also for our home that is being constantly watched by the enemy.

My father is a pastor and we have been having revivals in our church... so please pray for us.

The name of the church is I Care Christian Crusade and we are in Trinidad, West Indies which is in the caribbean.

May God bless you and shower his prosperity into your lives as you pray for my family, my church and myself. Thank you all. God bless you!!

Posts: 3 | From: Trinidad, West Indies | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement