Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Needing His support in a special request

Author Topic: Needing His support in a special request
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone. I have not seen anything in the way of a response (yet) from the person, and maybe I am not meant to... but I know I will see His hand at work. Especially with so many names on the spiritual petition! [Wink]
Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bearer
Advanced Member
Member # 40

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bearer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear One

The Bible says that HIS Word does not return void. However, it also says that all people are given one chance to hear the gospel message. I will be praying that this person will take the information given and think seriously about their lives in relationship to it.

In HIS Service

--------------------
Mary At Bearer Ministries

Posts: 50 | From: Spencer, NC | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miklo
Member # 3488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for miklo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll pray as well.

Amen.

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lshopeful
Member # 3479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lshopeful     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I join with you in that prayer. amen
Posts: 6 | From: US | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayers are in one accord.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 9 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everyone

I have a special request, regarding another person. As a few of you may know by now, I am involved in the performing arts. Tonight I was given an astonishing opportunity--I took it with very little thought about the consequences and I can only trust that I was led the right way. I got the chance to witness Christ to a Hollywood personality of at least some degree of fame. I should not name names here.

I don't know if this person was receptive--poker faces are quite common down there. This person works in comedy, and afterward it dawned on me that this person's forte is, well, satire and basically "dissing" people in a supposedly humorous way.

My concern is that this person's natural inclination to be mocking might pose a problem. This person might have a reaction later of indignation and the message I tried to get across might be flung aside. I can't expect an overnight result with this person--only that a seed was planted that in time may grow into a tinge of conviction later in this person's life.

I want to ask for prayer support that this person will not feel a need to sarcastically "retaliate" because one of those stupid "chriss-chuns" tried to witness to them. Even if that is what happens, I'm willing to endure it--but I want that seed to at least stay planted, no matter how deep. I ask God to stand with me on this--praying that I read the opportunity correctly and was doing His will. Amen.

Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement