Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Please Pray I can get off pain pills

Author Topic: Please Pray I can get off pain pills
Spurgeon
Advanced Member
Member # 3401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spurgeon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heavenly Father, from whom all blessings flow:
Your are the Holy and Good Creator.
We rejoice at the thought of the coming of Your righteous kingdom.
We acknowledge Your sovreignity in our lives.
I know this person only by the name of MindyMork, but You know this person.
If it is Your Will, Free Mindymork from the pain medication so that the Lortab will no longer be necessary.
Forgive us of our transgressions, as we forgive others. Protect us from the temptations of this material world.
We praise You for the gift of Salvation and life eternal.
In the name of your Blessed Son, Jesus Christ, I pray.
Amen.

Posts: 39 | From: Cookeville, TN | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should talk to your doctor about going off gradually. Going off medication cold turkey can cause ill effects. I did this once and ended up in the hospital.
This said, I am praying for you.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mindymork
First Post
Member # 3392

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mindymork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,
This is my first time posting, and I have a prayer request.I have been on Lortab, a pain killer, for a year and a half for shouler pain and now I just had another shoulder surgery this past Monday.I really want to get off the pain meds but when I get down to less than two a day my body begins to do wierd things and I end up taking more.I have two weeks off because of the surgery and this would be a good time to go cold turkey but I CAN'T do it without prayer and the LORD. Please pray for me.

Posts: 1 | From: OKLAHOMA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement