Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Please pray for incest victim

Author Topic: Please pray for incest victim
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father, let your peace which passes all understanding be upon this mother and her daughter. In Jesus Name Amen.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mohawk
Advanced Member
Member # 2898

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohawk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God knows the future, because He stands at time's end and watches it progress toward Him. He knows how separate roads eventually cross at a natural crossing--how the widest rivers are eventually spanned and how the steepest hills are eventually surmounted. God sees the things we cannot. The more you go forward, the more of the horizon you see and gradually take on the peace of knowing your destination is ahead. I believe situations like this can be compared to that. Rest in God's knowledge of your situation and have confidence that He is in control--not the chaos. God has plans for all of you--but it will appear gradually, like the horizon, as you move forward. That is the key; keep moving FORWARD. You and your daughter are like the separate roads that by and by will cross again, at a natural place. Let God deal with the transgressor--while you follow God moving forward. Peace is on the way.
Posts: 223 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mairy
Advanced Member
Member # 1830

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Mairy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have asked for prayer for my daughter, thank you Lord that I can come again before You.
My only daughter she is 25, she was sexually assaultedly her father IN MY house. He rejected her (she is also his only child) he married the women he had been having an affair with while I was still married to him within weeks after the divorce was final. It was clear Jessica was not wanted there. The problem now is,well,Jessica is working very hard to move forward to in her life. She has her own apartment no roommates. She is a stunningly beautiful woman. But she says she is putting the past behind her, and she knows it will hurt us both, I am a part of the past she says though I never hurt her I was a good mother. Must I let her go like this, she is very strong willed and she feels this will heal her. But, I was her healer, I pored thousands of prayers into Heaven, And so much ugliness swirls around us. It makes you what to give it I gave all I had And know she cannot be with be because I am part of that past, but I never hurt please pray for these broken hearts and spirits Lord. How could this have happened/ Joining God and doing HIs work maaybe the next calling on my life confused Christian mother

Posts: 52 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement