Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » I am in need of help for another

Author Topic: I am in need of help for another
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay that was suppose to say "I know what you are going through" I mean you can't know what someone is going through if you haven't been there.

Note to self (do not post when you have a pounding headache)

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 18 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best thing you can do is listen and be there for him. The worst thing you can do is say " I don't what you are going through". From personal experence when someone who had not been down the road I was travleing said that it made me angry.
I will be praying for him and his family and for you, too!

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DannyBoy
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Katie York:
My boyfriend, yesterday, learned that his father only has a few more months to live, due to cancer spreading. My boyfriend is very upset and I do not know what to tell him, since I've never been in that situation. I am trying to be very understanding, but I'm afraid that I might do or say something wrong. I have prayed that the Lord may give him and his father peace. I would really appreciate it if someone else prayed for him as well.

I will also pray that you two and those around you recieve wisdom in this delicate situation.

Your Brother in Christ,
DannyBoy
[Bible] [Bible] [Bible] [Bible] [Bible]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandb5
Community Member
Member # 2981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bandb5     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Katie-

Consider it done. My prayers are with your boyfiend, his father and you, so you can give him the strength he needs. Don't worry about not knowing what to say...just be there for him and let him know you love him. Give him a shoulder to cry on if he needs it.

God be with you.

Posts: 8 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katie York
First Post
Member # 2979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katie York     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My boyfriend, yesterday, learned that his father only has a few more months to live, due to cancer spreading. My boyfriend is very upset and I do not know what to tell him, since I've never been in that situation. I am trying to be very understanding, but I'm afraid that I might do or say something wrong. I have prayed that the Lord may give him and his father peace. I would really appreciate it if someone else prayed for him as well.
Posts: 1 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement