Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Discouraged

Author Topic: Discouraged
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chestnutmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awful. I don't think I could drive to a job that far unless it did pay very well. My car would likely croak and I'd be stranded between. No, it would have to pay enough for me to replace my senior vehicle and then, what would be the sense of living where I do. Your daughter might investigate taking a room or an apartment closer to work. I will also pray for you and your husband to find work. I think it is real unfortunate that American companies send American jobs abroad. I don't know what the answer here is. Penalties? Americans are good at entrepreneurial endeavors. We are resourceful and we have a God who hears prayer and will turn His ear (attention) to His people and provide. These are tough times for some people and it would behoove the church to show its strength by helping to provide for the needy. I hope that you will let me know about your new job when you get it.

Love in Christ

Posts: 79 | From: Swanzey, NH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ITSJUSTME
Community Member
Member # 2648

Icon 15 posted      Profile for ITSJUSTME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DEAR FRIEND,
I understand, too well, what is happening to you.
We have been without a job for several months.
We are not that far from the age of retirement.
We have no Insurance, No medications (which I really need)..because it just costs so much.
My daughter, who lives with us, recently got a job 2 hours away from home. She drives 2 Hours to and 2 hours back everyday. She is the only one
who has gotten anything. And it is not a good paying job, either.
This economy is Horrible and no one wants to keep the jobs in America! The Jobs are all going
off-shore.
I believe that God sees the stress and the pain.
MOst Americans just want a job to live and make
life worth living.
How could this be wrong//????
GOD, PLEASE HELP US ALL GET BACK ON TRACK AND ALLOW US TO BE ABLE TO TAKE CARE OF OUR FAMILIES!
WITH GREAT EXPECTATIONS OF GOD'S LOVE AND CARE, I BELIEVE IN YOU!

--------------------
Thank You for Your Prayers!

Posts: 14 | From: Cambridge, Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chestnutmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been unable to secure employment. I have been beating the bush so to speak trying to find a job that I am qualified for. I continue to receive rejection after rejection and am really getting discouraged. My husband has suggested that he will seek a divorce unless I am working and helping to support our household. He is acting very angry towards me and I am left feeling more and more discouraged. I am exhausted. I just don't know what to do except keep trying and trusting God with the answer. I know that christians are supposed to work and I truly desire employment. Its just not happening and I don't know why not. [Confused]
Posts: 79 | From: Swanzey, NH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement