Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » New needs for two sisters

Author Topic: New needs for two sisters
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's great to hear that the girls are doing so well! Can't wait to hear more! [Smile]

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is wonderful to see how powerful prayers are and that our Heavenly Father is so faithful to answer them and take care of all of our needs. I continue to lift these girls and their family up in prayer daily as they get closer and closer to the Lord.

Thanks so much for the updates and let these girls know they are well loved and still have friends who are praying for them.

God Bless,

Pam

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello prayer partners, I want to post a quick update on these two sisters. Both girls are still doing very well, both have adjusted to the situation and accept the fact it may be some time before they return to live with their mother. The grandparents have agreed to keep the girls with them as long as it takes! The girls were staying with the grandparents on a temporary basis, but now the grandparents agree the girls would be better off if they continue to stay with them for as long as it takes. The grandmother has said that if that is until the Lord returns, so be it! The grandmother is back in church now, so that is another good thing to come from this. Perhaps that is why God allowed this to happen, to bring the grandmother back to Him! Thank you for your continued prayers. Ray
Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ray,

What a wonderful update to read today!!! PRAISE GOD!! I agree, HE IS working in the lives of this family and I will agree with you and my other brothers and sisters to lift this up in prayer to our Lord to keep working on the entire family!! These girls have grown in our hearts as we have learned to love them when we lift them up in prayer so many times, I just know God has special things in store for all of them!

God Bless!

Pam

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A happy update on these girls. Their mother was in church yesterday! She made no decision, but the fact she was there is an answer to prayer! At least she heard the Word, and a seed was planted, which is a miracle in itself! The mother was late to arrive, and early to leave, BUT she was there! Please continue praying for her, and the girls. I know God is working His way through this to provide His perfect answer, we are seeing many results right now! I am unsure of the salvation of the mother, but I am also aware that very few are saved on their first opportunity. Most of us heard the Word many times before accepting Christ into our heart. This is a big step for the girls mother, just by her attendance, and I for one, am praying it will be the first of many steps for her! Thank you for your many prayers, God IS hearing them! Ray
Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Christ for the children....these girls and the entire situation is never far from my thoughts and we continue to lift them up to the Lord and Praise Him for the mighty things He is doing in this family!!! Thank you for keeping us updated and let those girls know we love them and we are certainly still praying for them, they are in the Father's hands and what a WONDERFUL place to be!

PRAISE GOD!! [clap2]

Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Han-a   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How wonderful is the God we love! [clap2] [youpi] [dance] [spiny]

--------------------
Han-a

If Satan knocks at the door let Jesus answer it.

Posts: 200 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello prayer warriors, A happy update on these girls! I spoke to Angela (the 11 year old) last night. She was very happy to talk! She said her mother had just called for the first time in a while! It seems the situation with the mother is starting to improve! Her mother expressed a possibility of being in church Sunday! In the many times I've talked to the mother, she never seemed willing to talk about the Lord. So, just the simple news of the possibility of her being in church is an answer to prayer! I really believe that if she goes, the Lord would convict her heart and she would want to make things right between herself and the Lord! Angela also asked me to again thank everyone for the many prayers. It is hard for me to fathom the maturity this girl has for 11 years old! It is so rare in todays times to see this! Angela told me Ashley is doing very well also! God seems to be working overtime with this situation! It just seems to get better and better as the time goes by! Thank you for the very many prayers and concern for this situation, I appreciate it very much and so do the girls!! I will update you further as I hear, and anticipate further good news!! Ray
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

PRAISE GOD!! Our God is totally an AWESOME GOD!! Our prayers are the most powerful weapon we have against the enemy and the chains he would use against God's children!! What a wonderful victory for these precious, precious souls!!! I will lift these girls and grandma up in my daily prayers along with grandpa, their aunt and their Mom, knowing that with our God NOTHING is impossible and we will all continue to lift this up to our Lord and keep praying for another miracle for this family!!

God Bless you too, for your loving ministry to these girls and their family!! Our God loves us SO much!! What a wonderful feeling and joy it is to share the GOOD NEWS and Praise Him!!!

God Bless!! [clap2]

Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[dance] [dance] [dance]
Hallelujah!! What a mighty God we serve!

[youpi] [youpi] [youpi]

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lainie
Advanced Member
Member # 1931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen! [clap2]
Posts: 25 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to inform everyone that last night, Wednesday, I had the opportunity to talk with Ashley at length about this situation. I had talked with her before, but had never had a chance to sit down and chat like last night. I am always careful when with a girl, and we were at church. The door to the room was open, and many stopped by to listen and observe for a while. So it was not so that we were alone, but it was good to visit at length. Ashley wants me to relay her sincere appreciation for all the prayers. She is at peace with the situation, and feels God working to resolve the situation. She was very open and honest, and is very grateful for all the prayers. She admitted that she has been deeply hurt, and kept telling me how thankful she was to get everything out in the open. I was afraid she was trying to keep things bottled up inside, and it seems my fears were correct. I let her lead in prayer (as a teen worker stepped in the room), and the three of us prayed together. I want to again express my appreciation for all the prayers. Please keep praying, God is working all things out for His glory!! Both girls are healthy, and know that God is working in their lives! Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!!! Thank you all. Ray
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

A quick update, and positive news as well! I want to thank everyone who has been praying for Ashley and Angela since the first post. The prayers are working. God is working, and Satan is losing!! Yesterday (Sunday) I stopped by and picked up the grandmother (who is in her 60's), Ashley, and Angela for Sunday School and church. God was moving in the service, using the pastor to deliver a rousing message of salvation. When the invitation began, a man about 50 stepped out, then a teen girl with drug problems that I had also been working with (Heather had been released from a juvenile drug treatment facility for the weekend), then the girls grandmother rushed to the altar, with the two girls close behind!! The teen girl Heather and the girls grandmother both gloriously rededicated their lives to the Lord!! What a victory for the Lord!! What a big loss for Satan! The grandmother stated that anytime the girls wish to go to church, they have her blessing!! The grandmother cannot attend some services, but plans to attend each one she can! Though this is a big victory, we still need to pray for the aunt and mother. I understand the mother is a Christian, but has backed away from God much like the grandmother had. The aunt, to my knowledge, has never been saved although she has attended the church but not recently. Both girls were smiling from ear to ear as the grandmother returned to Gods' grace!! Both also wanted to let everyone on the chain know they really appreciate the thoughts and prayers of everyone. Angela (the 11 year old) asked me, "Mr. Ray, does this count as a miracle?!?" I stated, "Yes Angie, it does!" With that, she burst into tears thanking everyone who has prayed for her although they don't know her!! I explained to her that this is how God moves His people, and I do believe she understood! She asked me to pick her up for srvice last night, and I did (she road in the back), Ashley could not go. Angela stood during a chance for testimonies, and told how many people she's never met prayed for the situation, and said "God started to answer during the morning service!" Although I am not the dad, she made me very proud last night!! I am sure God is going to use Angela in a mighty way! Thanks again for the many prayers, God bless all of you! I look forward to what God is going to do next!! Ray
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Christ for the Children, please let us know how things are going with Angela and Ashley as they have really been on my mind and in my heart! We all are keeping them in our prayers and will continue to do so. I wondered how things went at Church over the weekend and was sure thinking about them yesterday, am praying for Grandma and Grandpa too and of course for Mom and Aunt. Please let them know we have not forgotten and continue to lift them up in prayer and they are well loved!!!

God Bless!

TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Still keeping Angela and Ashley in my daily prayers as I'm sure our other brothers and sisters are!! Please do keep us updated and let them know we are praying for them and love them!!!

God Bless!! [Wink]

trying_to_have_faith
Advanced Member
Member # 1904

Icon 12 posted      Profile for trying_to_have_faith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lord is good. I'm glad that these girls are doing better. They are in my prayers.

Candace

--------------------
God Bless

Posts: 24 | From: california | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lainie
Advanced Member
Member # 1931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lainie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always look forward to positive updates on these girls! Oh, isn't God just SO good?!? [clap2]

In Christ,
Lainie

Posts: 25 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Praise the Lord......I have kept these precious ones lifted up daily as I know so many here have and INDEED prayer is the most POWERFUL weapon we have against anything the enemy can throw at us!!! Yes, I feel God is working in a mighty way with these girls and I think He will turn this around and make some lemonade out of those lemons Satan has thrown at them!!! PRAISE GOD He is so faithful to his children, we are so underseving and HE loves us anyway, just as we are!!!!!

My own daughter is going through a crisis right now and I'm sad for her (a breakup of a very strong relationship, we thought would be permenant)....so hard to see your child, even a GROWN one in pain...please remember her and her two children (my twins) in your prayers too!!!

God Bless you everyone as our Lord continues to minster to each of us daily when we lift our prayers up for those we love!!

Thanks for keeping us updated, Ray and please continue to do so and let these sweet girls know they are well loved and we continue to pray for them!!

God Bless!!

Han-a
Advanced Member
Member # 2209

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Han-a   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christ for the Children, let me assure you of my prayers. Their story is really touching and I am glad that they are doing well. I really do hope that they will soon get a more stable situation [spiny]

--------------------
Han-a

If Satan knocks at the door let Jesus answer it.

Posts: 200 | From: Nottingham | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to update everyone who has been praying for Ashley and Angela. I saw both girls Tuesday night at their grandparents, as I visited. Both girls are doing as well as could be expected, but they do hope for a more stable homelife. Their grandmother told me she has seen a change in the girls in the past few days, and thought she might go to church with them Sunday. While I was visiting, she made a commitment to go! She asked if I could pick them all up, they have only one car and the grandfather will need the car Sunday. I agreed to pick them up for Sunday School, and drop them off after church. Both girls were excited to have her go with them!

I picked the girls up last night, Wednesday, for church, and both girls said they were thankful for the prayers for their behalf. They asked if maybe the prayers had anything to do with their grandmother agreeing to go Sunday! I told them the prayers wer probably the main reason she was going! Angela barely left my side last night during the AWANA club meeting, but that was as she was passing sections (memorizing Bible verses) like never before! She usually does well, but last night was a truly wonderful night for her!! She passed twice as many sections in her handbook as usual!! I asked her jokingly if she was trying to set a record!! She was just so bubbly last night, and I'm positive it's due to her being happy her grandmother was going back to church Sunday! I thank you (along with the girls) for your many prayers, they are working! Please continue to pray for them during this time that God would keep working in their lives. Ray

TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Dear brother Ray....Just wanting you to let Angela and Ashley know that they remain in our prayers and in our hearts and we are praying for you too...I remember tonight you said they were coming to church, please do give us updates!!!

God Bless!!

Pam (aka TwinsGranny!)

TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

PRAISE THE LORD!!! How faithful HE is to answer our prayers and when many pray, how powerful those prayers are! It made me smile from ear to ear, Indeed I will continue to lift this entire situation up to Our Lord and know that HE is at work here and we are looking for some powerful stuff to happen!! Thanks for keeping us updated as we do love these girls and will continue to lift you up as you love and minister to them too!!

God Bless!!

Pam [Smile]

Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A quick update on this situation. Angela called me Monday to tell me her grandmother may attend Sunday, so I spoke with the grandmother. We agreed I would visit this evening for a talk. Ashley was sick Sunday, and both girls will be there. The grandfather will be there, but at this time he does not seem interested in church. But I'm encouraged that he will be there, I would feel uncomfortable being the only man there. I encourage your continued prayers for the two girls, God seems to be working!! It was Angela (the 11 year old) who got the grandmother interested in coming! Thank you for your prayers. Ray
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Ray,

God bless you so much for the way you are ministering to these girls! As a Mom and Grandmom, it touches my heart so deeply, especially when kids are hurting. I pray this Mom will come out of herself enough to see the pain her children are feeling, but I pray especially for these girls that God will hold them up and see them through and He will, HE will get them through it all and make sure they get to the right people who can help them when all seems lost.

How awesome our heavenly Father is, He knows each of our needs, even before WE do.....I face surgery in a few weeks, but have no anxiety, I know God is always in control no matter what. I pray these precious ones can come to know that God loves them more than they will ever know and we love them too! They are not alone in this world and they need to know that God has a purpose for each one of us, I feel He has a special purpose for these young ladies. I will continue to lift them both up and pray that God blesses you are you are showing them His love too at this time they need it so badly!

God Bless you!

Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Thank you for your prayers on behalf of Ashley and Angela. I saw Angela in church yesterday, but I did not see Ashley. Many in the church have had a slight cold, so I would not be surprised that Ashley is fighting it also. Anyway, I talked with Angela, and read her some of the posts on her behalf. She got tears in her eyes when she realized people who've never met or heard of her were praying! She told me to thank everyone, and to keep praying! She is a very sweet girl, who often thinks of others before herself. Angela has cystic fibrosis, but does not think of her disease. Angela asked me to pick her up for church last night (Sunday), and I told her I would if she agreed to ride in the back seat. Angela seldom goes to church Sunday evenings, but wanted to last night. She road in the back (I am very careful about this and request young girls ride in back if they ride with me) and I know it was the will of God she be there. During the altar call, Angela grabbed my arm and had me go to the altar with her! She wanted to pray for her mother, and she led in prayer until she began crying and I tried to take over. Only 11 years old, and with such conviction for her mom!! I know God is working in her life, and I request the prayers for her and Ashley continue. At this point, I feel that Angela is the more mature and she's 5 years younger! Thank you all for the prayers, God is hearing them! I'm to pick Angela and Ashley up for church Wednesday night, and I'll post an update soon after. God bless you for your prayers! Ray
Lainie
Advanced Member
Member # 1931

Praying in agreement that God will lead, guide, protect and comfort these two girls. I'm also praying for those who are ministering to them. Christ for the children, thank you for what you do! The world needs more folks like you who are truly concerned for the physical, emotional and spiritual welfare of our youth. May God continue to bless you abundantly.
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Just checking back on this, as it has been on my mind and in my heart so heavily. I am asking God to give you strength and those girls peace and we are all standing firm in our agreement in prayer to our Precious Lord that He will lift these sweet girls up and put His loving arms around them , especially at this time, I pray for their comfort and strength. I know they are very lucky to have such a loving, caring Christian such as yourself who loves and cares about them and is lifting them up in prayer too...God hears ALL of our prayers and I just know He will honor them and bless these young ladies.

God Bless! [Prayer]

Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How sad, that mother is blinded by her desire to serve her own flesh and Satan regarding the care of her own children. I am praying in agreement with ‘TwinsGrany’ and ‘Christ for the children’ regarding Ashley, Angela, their mother and aunt. I am also praying that God will bless your ministry to these two girls and all other children that He has call you to minister to. A special prayer is going up for the grandparents that they will be convicted by the Holy Spirit to bring Ashley and Angela to Church and not just send them.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twins Granny, Thank you for your encouragement. I will be sure to let Angela and Ashley know that they are being remembered in prayer by fellow Christians who do not know them. This will be an encouragement to them. I have more contact with the younger girl, Angela, since she is a part of our AWANA program for children. She is a great girl, always willing to help, but I can sense this is starting to get to her. Wednesday night, she came to me and asked if we could pray, and I'm always willing to pray with and for the children!! Please continue to pray, and I'll try to keep posts on the board to any progress. Ray (Romans 5:1)
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Christ for Children, My heart was so touched by your post. I lift Angela and Ashley up in prayer and ask that the Lord open the door for these precious ones He loves SO much to get a safe, loving, Christian environment where they are able to feel the love of Jesus and grow in Him. I pray our Father will keep His loving arms around these young women as they go through this difficult time and I also lift up the mother and aunt up at this time, asking the Lord to speak to their hearts regarding these girls and what they need at such young, impressionable ages.

God's blessings and love to you

Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello prayer partners, Two girls that I've placed on the board for prayer in the past have new needs. Ashley (age 16) and Angela (age 11) are in need of prayers for more permanent housing. Their mother is unable to care or provide for them properly at the time (she is more interested in a boyfriend right now), and the girls have been shuttling between grandparents and an aunt for some time now. The aunt shows very little interest in church right now, and is living with a guy. This is not a good environment for the girls. The grandparents love the girls, and show interest in church but are not church attenders. They do make sure the girls are in church, but really do not have the room or finances to provide for the girls for an extended period of time. The girls have said nothing, but I know this is hard on both of them. Angela is part of our childrens AWANA clubs, and last night (Wednesday) was near tears at times. I believe the home situation is beginning to get to her. I prayed with Angela last night, and spent time with her (in front of other adult leaders and some children!) letting her know we care for her and love her. If anyone has suggestions other that adoption (the mother or grandmother would not go for that), I'm willing to listen. I know many prayers will have more effect than people right now, as God loves them more than any person ever could!! I thank you for your prayers for these two girls.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement