Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Prayer Request for our ministry

Author Topic: Prayer Request for our ministry
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Risamyrisa(I ALWAYS forget the second 'a', sorry [Confused] ) thank you so much for your loving prayer, I know I have asked for this a couple of times and that God is working on it, My stubborn Irish streak takes over sometimes and gets the better of me!! [Wink]

Mairy, I thank you my sweet friend for your heartfelt prayer, it has brought tears to my eyes as I read it...I felt the Holy Spirit just LIFT ME UP TOO!! God Bless you both for remembering us, my husband is faithful and is not anxious, I fear his wife is a bit too impatient to get on with what God has planned for us, three years is a long time to wait!! [Wink] Yes, I know God will show us in HIS time and I believe maybe our Father is teaching this stubborn Irish Colleen a bit of a lesson in PATIENCE! [Roll Eyes]

I love ya both, Mairy, I remember you each and every day and you are lifted up in my heart and in my prayers, please know that and as you tell me, I believe God is working on your situation too and we will BOTH be able to rejoice in the victory our Lord will bring us too!! God has only the perfect plan for US in our lives and would not see us come to any harm, begging for bread or without a home....I do know for certain, HE holds us in His hands, OH my goodness, what a wonderful place to rest, our weary heads upon the Father's shoulder and know we are always safe and well loved there!!!

PRAISE GOD and please bless my dear friends in Christ here at the board and I ask for you to bless Risamyrisa and My dear sweet Mairy for their prayers on our behalf! Please fill their hearts with the joy that only You can bring and let their cup be overflowing!!

In His Love and Service!!

Pam [Kiss]

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mairy
Advanced Member
Member # 1830

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Mairy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I join my voice and prayers to God with all others posted here for your ministry. I am ministered to by you just from seeing you pray for others, myself included. I do believe God has a special ministry for those of His people (like you and your husband) that come through the fire, refined, honed like the sharp edge of Gods sword, His word. I remember still your daughter and all your health needs. God I just pray that you show this husband and wife team of Yours where they are called and soon. They are so eager to be of use to you. I thank you God that the answers to their health and ministry are coming even as all of us here gather to pray for them. You made them and gave them a great desire to serve Your hurting and wounded people, come quickly with your answer for them Lord Jesus that they are used of You as you designed them to be. You, Lord Jesus, have known from the beginning their comings and goings and will work all things for good to them that love You and are called according to your purpose. Bless them as they have blessed others. I thank you Lord that the answer is coming to them. My love and prayers to you both, I have come to treasure you Pam, even though we have never met. God's best is coming for you and your family.
My love Mairy

Posts: 52 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RisamyRisa
Advanced Member
Member # 1854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RisamyRisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ms. Pam,

No room for discouragement here, whip it! [hyper]

Seriously, I'm praying for you and your husband, I know everything is going to work out wonderfully for both of you! It's tough not knowing what's next, it drives me crazy, but that's why we remind each other that it's okay not to know. Isn't faith a wonderful thing?

--------------------
Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin.. God picks you from the patch and washes the dirt off. He cuts out the top and removes the yucky stuff, and then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light in you to shine for all the world to see!

Posts: 108 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TwinsGranny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I am asking that you please continue to lift my husband and myself up as we still wait for word about where God is going to send us in His ministry. We know there is a church somewhere looking for a good pastor and that God is working on it, it has been three years and my husband does a LOT of 'fill-ins' for pastors who are gone, but we desperately are eager to get that church of our own and nothing has transpired thus far.

I know the weak human spirit in me gets discouraged and I know that God is in control..please, pray that I have patience as God works this out for us, that whatever happens we will be able to do all things for the Glory of God!!!

We thank your for your uplifting prayers and continue to love and pray for each of you here on the board too!!

In His love and service,

Pam (Twinsgranny) [Bible]

Posts: 218 | From: Illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Thank you so much MyLamphasOil! We certainly have been blessed, even in the hard times, this is when God teaches us to lean wholly on Him for every need....He will need have us suffer for anything or begging for bread, for He is a faithful and loving and compasionate Father!

My husband and I thank you all for the uplifting prayers, we know God hears each one and I feel God is already answering them! PRAISE GOD!!

Keeping you in our prayers too for His loving blessings, Mylamphasoil!!

In His loving Service,
Pam

MyLampHasOil
Advanced Member
Member # 1474

Icon 10 posted      Profile for MyLampHasOil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praise the Lord TwinsGranny!!!
I just love it when I hear about God's answer to prayers.
How exciting for you!
I continue to pray about this.

Posts: 24 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Just adding a little 'post script' to my prayer request and asking you all to lift this up in prayer with us if you would. My husband just today got a call from an unexpected source about a possibility of a position for a Chaplain, please do keep us in prayer as he explores this possibility and we are lifting this all up to God that we are still and listen to what HE would have us do! We keep all of you here on the board in our prayers!

God Bless you!

Pam

TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

God's blessings to you, Pastor Dave! As I was reading your uplifting prayer, the Holy Spirit filled me with such a joy and hope!! Thank you Jesus!!! We look always ahead and never back, for we are not going that way anyway!! PRAISE GOD, for HE is so faithful to us, even when we 'whine' and are weak in spirit and impatient, HIS has infinite patience and love with His children, how wonderfully awesome is the God we serve!!

I pray for God's richest blessings to cover you, Pastor Dave as you minister in love to all you have prayed for, our Lord has mightily annointed you, Pastor Dave!!!

In His Love and service,

Pam

Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father thank you for allowing this humble servant to here the testimony of sister Pam’s unwavering faith in the midst of her valley. Sometimes it seems like we are so far down in the valley that we can barely see the light on top of the mountain yet this sister’s faith has not wavered and she clearly sees the light at the end of the darkness.

Lord while I was reading this prayer request the Holy Spirit brought the words of your great profit Isaiah to my mind “Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” I thought, my Abba Father, how the devil must have rejoiced when the Roman solders, doing his bidding, lifted their whips and scourged Jesus before His crucifixion. Little did the devil know that our dear sister Pam was healed by these very stripes. Pam is claiming her healing and so am I. In the name of Jesus our Lord and Saviour I also believe that her husband’s eyesight will be healed. The devil has been defeated and we have victory in Jesus. I praise you Father in all that you do and my faith has been strengthened by Pam’s testimony. Lord we give you all the glory, honor and praise for this double miracle of healing and restoration.

Lord give this man and woman of God clear direction in their ministry that they will be walking in your perfect will. Dear Jesus, let them see many souls added to the kingdom. In Jesus Name Amen.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Dear Betty and MyLamphasoil,

Thank you both so much for standing with us in prayer for our needs! We know that God has been listening to our prayers and has such a special PERFECT calling for us, it is our weak human spirit that makes us anxious, I suppose. Yes, we would get insurance and a nice home when we get a church and that is wonderful! The home we are in now is very, very old and kind of falling apart, I fear there is mold under the foudation or inside the walls as I sneeze constantly and have had headaches a LOT since we moved in here. I know this is a temporary situation!!

I am lifting both of you dear sisters up in my prayers too, that God will bless you abundantly and meet each of your needs, ease your hearts when you are troubled and give you that peace that only God can give us, the peace that passes all understanding!!

MyLampHasOil
Advanced Member
Member # 1474

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MyLampHasOil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! this same scenario played out for some very dear friends of mine. the Pastor couldn't get the church going no matter what he tried. Then he had a problem with high lood pressure that would leave him in a confused state.
His wife has diabetes and a weight problem from it.
They decided to move to another location but that fell through after looking very promising.
Pastor had to work very hard at odd jobs to make ends meet.

Now as of 3 months ago, they are pastors of a lovely church in the moutains and it thrives! The church had less than what it needed from the pastor that was there.
They have a house that came with the church and the scenary is awesome!
God had a plan for them. They just had to wait on God's perfect time.
Of course they kept praying and knew God would be doing something at just the right time.

So stay focused on God. Be ready when He opens that door for you. Ask him what he wants from you until the time He gives you your assignment.

Know I'm praying for you both.

Posts: 24 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
betty_white
Community Member
Member # 2098

Icon 16 posted      Profile for betty_white   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pam, you and your husband are in my daily prayers.

"We also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that sufering produces perseverance, perseverance, character, and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." Romans 5:3-5

Betty

--------------------
" 'Then you will know that I am the Lord; those who hope in Me will not be disappointed.' " ISAIAH 49:23

Posts: 8 | From: Lacombe, Louisiana | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwinsGranny
Advanced Member
Member # 2137

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I ask for you to lift my husband and myself up in your prayers for my husband to be assigned to a new church. He is a Pastor and we have been without a church 2 1/2 years now and it is very difficult.

I am disabled and the disease I have required huge doses of both chemo and Prednisone to get me into remission (but, I am CLAIMING TOTAL HEALING AND NOT REMISSION ON THIS!!...I refuse to ever take the chemo again, the Lord will heal me or take me home, my life is HIS!) PRAISE GOD!!! The Prednisone put a LOT of weight upon me which has caused me to be very limited in what I can physically do. I have to have a 'cart' to get around and my doctor has advised weight reduction surgery (gastric bypass), which I am seeing a surgeon about at the end of the month. I also ask for your prayers in this, that I will be able to find a surgeon who will accept my Medicare as my husband has no insurance now that he isn't preaching fulltime. He does 'fill-ins' , but doesn't get benefits with that.

Lastly (and forgive the length of my prayer requests my friends), my husband had an aneurysm about ten years ago, causing him to go blind except for sight in his left eye (he has peripheral vision) this doesn't slow him down ONE bit and he is working part-time to keep us afloat, he can carry out his duties as a Pastor, just need a chauffeur (me!ha!) to get him around. God has given us the message that my husband's sight will be fully restored and we will have a ministry again!!! PRAISE GOD!

I am asking for prayers that our Lord will open the doors for our ministry soon and if you could pray for my surgery and my husband's eyesight too, we would greatly appreciate it. We know, without a doubt, God is greater than ANYTHING the enemy can throw our way and we will continue to serve Him each and every day, until we are called home to be with Jesus.

I pray for all of you who are on this site and all of our brothers and sisters out there who are hurting, that the enemy will NOT WIN and God's people will always prevail, for if God be in us, nothing can stand against us!!

God's abundant blessings to all of you!!

Pam

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement