Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » questions...

Author Topic: questions...
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damaris, I will post pray for your friend, and also for you as you are attempting to witness to her. I think I speak for everyone when I say we hope and pray the ultimate result is leading your friend to salvation through Jesus Christ our Lord! I am encouraged when I hear of anyone who is witnessing for our Lord! I only wish that all
Christians would be a good witness for God, but unfortunately not all are trying to. Many do, but some do not, and this is sad for me. "God, I praise You just for being God. We love you and thank you for your uncomparable love for us. We thank you for sending Your only Son to die for us as the payment for our sins. That through this, we may have eternal life with us. Father, I ask that you be with Damaris as she is talking with her friend in an attempt to lead her to salvation through Jesus Christ, your Son. Give her the right words to say that this friend would realize her need of You and ask You to save her without question. I know that your Holy Spirit will be with Damaris, and I thank you in advance for how you are going to use Damaris to lead this friend to You. I ask and pray this in the name of our soon coming king, Jesus. Amen. Thank you Lord"

Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
boy4God
Community Member
Member # 1763

Icon 16 posted      Profile for boy4God     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey everyone. God right now, I pray for this friend that she might see the cross in it's fullest value. May Damaris just be a shining light for you, Lord and we know that it's in YOUR time, not ours. Thanks, IN Jesus Christ Name, AMEN. [Big Grin]

It seems to me, that like it says in the main page of this board "prayer requests," "PRAYER CHANGES THINGS." And I firmly believe that. Please keep praying and intersessing for your friend Damaris, and we'll see her come to faith in Christ. But NEVER give up hope because faith is extremely important and a very strong tool in these battles. If you know any of your friends that have been healed by God through prayer of anything that she could talk to, that might be a very good idea to refer back to that. We also learned stuff about warfare in Church, just keep breaking down strong holds my friend!

God bless you!
[Big Grin]
-Mike

--------------------
Fear not fellows! For greater is He who is in us than the one of the world.

Posts: 16 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Praise Adonai
Community Member
Member # 1501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Praise Adonai     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One will never be able to see or understand God on a scientific level because you are trying to put him on a level equal to man and that is just not possible. Reading the word is the best evidence. Read it in faith not scientifically. God gives us faith and hope, science attempts to take those things away. Faith in our Lord Jesus tells us that when we die we will join our father in paradise. Science tells us that when we die thats the end and we rot away to nothing. I prefer to put my faith FIRMLY with Jesus.

--------------------
I can do all things thru Christ who strengthens me.
Phil. 4:13

Posts: 11 | From: Texas, USA | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of things...

1. You are right science is flimsy and most of the scientific belief about things that are contrary to the Bible, such as evolution for example require a great deal of faith... though not faith in God.

2. Remember that it is God who draws us to him, God who prepares the ground of the heart for hearing the TRUTH that is Jesus Christ. I say this because it is easy to start to think that there must be something wrong with you when you cant show someone you care about the Jesus that you yourself can see so clearly.

3. I have not read it myself but there is a book called Evidence that Requires a Verdict, by Josh McDowell. This may be soemthing for your friend. Josh Mcdowell set out to prove that the Bible was wrong and God proved to him it was right! I understand it is a very good book for folks like your friend who have a secular world view.

4. Keep in mind that the things of God are spiritual, and science will never prove that God exisits or that Jesus is the Christ, because these are spiritual truths. You could present all the imperical evidence in the universe to a lost soul and they would still not see Jesus, because Jesus and the things of God are discerned in our spirit, not in our mind. Head or mind knowledge of Christ will not save your friend. It is heart knowledge that she needs and ONLY the power of the Holy Spirit can open the eyes of the Blind and give ears that hear to the deaf.

5. The best evidence you can give your friend of the existance Jesus and saving power of HIS shed blood is the evidence in your own life of the change that occurs by the power of the Holy Spirit to produce good fruit, fruit of the Spirit in you!

May God bless you and use you to bring your friend to the foot of the cross!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damaris
Community Member
Member # 1742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Damaris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have a friend who is seeking Jesus; she believes in God, but she is a very scientific, logical kind of person, and she says that she needs actual evidence of the existence of jesus christ outside of the Bible.... i didn't really know what to tell her because i don't need the scientific evidence, i think that science is pretty flimsy... any suggestions?
Posts: 12 | From: Omaha Nebraska | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement