Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Please Pray that we sell our house!!

Author Topic: Please Pray that we sell our house!!
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not the One- I believe that you are too harsh. Sometimes, we can be knocked down finacially with out it being our fault. My husband was forced to take an early retirement. Without warning, our income was cut in half and I lost my health insurance. I have a crippling disease that requires medication but I have not been able to purchase it in 3 years. This makes it hard for me to get around. Maybe that is why I have sympathy for the family in this post.
For your sake I hope nothing bad every happends to you but don't be to quick to judge those who do have bad things happen to them. We pay our tithes every month. DO I resent what happened. NO. But I will ask God when I see Him why He could have let us lose our health insurance while at the same time He allowed me to get a chronic disease that will get worse in time. I did not start this thread to get pity for me. I am saying that you should not be quick to judge others.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahw
Member # 1745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarahw         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone who did pray for us!

"Not the one" I agree with the post below yours. We are human with free will and the Good Lord knows that. Whether we are in debt or not...I don't believe the Lord wants us to be and no it's not his job to rescue us. I believe in my original post I explained that I felt the Lord leading me to sell an assett we owned to get out of debt and ease the burden. We were asking for prayer that the house would sell fast. This prayer has been answered...we got an offer on the house the day I posted the prayer request. All I have been doing is Praising the Lord because He is good ALL the time. I pray that God blesses you all.

Posts: 3 | From: Ontario | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fortunately God helps us even when our problems are the ones we created, and I believe that there is a post here that this woman had her prayers and ours answered and the house is being sold and they are tithing the proceeds!

We serve a might God, a Big God!

Seek you first the Kingdom! And that is what this person did. She sought God first and the prayers of brothers and sitsters here (not financial advice or statements of the obvious about her situation)and the realtor/broker 2nd!

The point is she saw a problem sought God for the solution, and HE HONORED HER! Praise and Glory to God on High!

God Bless You Sarah

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Not the One
Community Member
Member # 1762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not the One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarah...I'm kinda hard nosed but I think it's your problem..ya know...you created it and now you have to deal with it. Sure prayer may help and I will think and pray for you and your family.
But...I will give you a little advice. You live where...Ontario ,Canada or Ontario ,Ca.? Either way here's what you do...Find an honest mortgage broker...explain your situation to him...be honest and tell him your debt is huge and your debt ratio's might stink. Combine your debt into one loan. Cash out and re fi. Save your home and your peace of mind. If you can't afford the tithe than I'm sure it's OK until you get back on your feet. I was told you can do it other ways..IE...helping out and giving time.
God Bless and good luck.

--------------------
It's al good as long as no one is hurt

Posts: 7 | From: NYC | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lord please send Sarra and Robbie a financial breakthrough. Teach them to put you first in all things and bless them. Father we give you all the praise, honor and glory. In Jesus Name. Amen

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahw
Member # 1745

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sarahw         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name is Sarah and my husband's name is Robbie. I am writing to you today to request prayer. There are a couple things we need help with and I personally have been praying for a while about almost all of them. We are in debt. We have 2 mortgages, a car loan, a credit card and a small student loan. I find this to be such a huge burden and strain. I find that we don't have the money to tithe and when the bills are paid (which they are) there is very few dollars left over. I have prayed about this and the Lord has showed me that if we sell one of our properties, we can pay one mortgage, the car loan and the credit card off. This would be such a relief for us and we could put the money to better use by tithing and offerings. We just put the house up for sale last week. We are asking that you pray that the house will be sold fast with a profit enough to pay off those three things. This is such a desperate prayer. Please pray this for us. I thank you in advance for your help and pray that God blesses your ministry. In Jesus name I ask this. Sincerely, Sarah
Posts: 3 | From: Ontario | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement