Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Please Pray for my family and myself

Author Topic: Please Pray for my family and myself
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sister, Be assured, be very sure, that God has not given up on you. The Bible tells us that He will never leave us. We may leave Him, but He never will leave us. Please do not give up on God. Think of how Jesus stretched out His arms and said "Not my will but thy will be done". I
believe you would like to do His will, but right now just don't know where to start. Let me try to help you by asking you to cry out to God, if you are a Christian He will hear you, and I'm sure you are. God really wants to help, but He wants you to know that He wants your praises, your thanks, and then your requests. Right now, pray to the Father and let Him know you're ready to return to Him. He can and wants to restore the JOY of your salvation, please ask Him to. You will never regret it. "Father, I ask you to please be with this sister, your child, give her the calm assurance that You are ready to help her and restore her back to Your Grace. She has asked us for help, and we would like to help her but You are the only One that can restore her to Your fold. Show her a group of believers in a local church near her that can help look after her. We know that You will never leave her, show her the way back to You. For it is in the precious name of Jesus we ask. Thank you for being with her, for Your love for all. Amen"
If you would like help in finding a good church, the thing I look for is an active, happy youth group and an active childrens program. Most of the time, the chuch with active, healthy youth and childrens programs will fill your needs as well. I'm praying that you will find your way back to Him. Please keep us updated as to your situation. We care, and God cares the most!!

Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostbuthopeful
Member # 1710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lostbuthopeful     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for responding. It is greatly appreciated.
I know that I need to go back to Church. I know that Jesus loves me and forgives and helps when he is asked. I just feel as though he's given up on me.

Posts: 5 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
my savior leads me
Advanced Member
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for my savior leads me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my friend, first of all, i want to say that you are not alone. there is a love that never hurts and cares more than you know. jesus is there. he is calling to you. he is always there no matter what the situation. right now it sounds like you need to go back to church. if your boyfriend will not allow it go ahead and contact the church for counseling. the Lord doesn't expect us to do this on our own. read your bible. pray when you can. don't be ashamed to ask someone for help. i am not going to preach to you but i do want you to know that you are loved and the Lord cares and hears your crying. he wants to help you.please contact someone that can help you get on the right track especially for your childrens sake. i will pray for you. i will also be here if you need someone to talk to that definitely understands from a womans perspective.

--------------------
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" Romans 6:23

Posts: 80 | From: usa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lostbuthopeful
Member # 1710

Icon 20 posted      Profile for lostbuthopeful     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am writing this because I am very lost. I don't know what to do anymore. This is my chance to be honest. I am struggling with how and what to believe. I haven't gone to church since Easter of 2002. I have children with a man I've been with for 10 years, and am still not married to him. I am not proud of my life. I have always trusted that the Lord would work in my life. Lately, I have been doubting.
My family is about to lose our home, due to us losing our jobs. Unemployment barely covers our rent. If it was just he and I, I could cope. But my babies are going to be the ones this affects the most. I don't know what to do for them. I don't know what to do for me. I am in such turmoil that I am seriously doubting my faith. The Good Lord has worked in my life, so I don't know where the doubt is coming from.
My family hates the man I am with. But the day I met him, I knew (still know) that God wants us together. (I'm sure he prefers married) He isn't perfect, neither am I. I'm tired of my family constantly telling me to leave him. He is not a bad person. I am tired of my mother constantly saying things like "he looks like a weasel". She won't even try to get to know him. He has a problem with alcohol and for the past year he has worked very hard at staying sober, but all they do is berate me and him.
I cry every day and I know that I bring alot of this on myself, I don't know how to stop, look and listen anymore. I used to be able to look at everything from a spiritual point, anymore, I can't even look at myself in a mirror.
Please pray for me. I need God so much right now.
Thank You [Frown]

Posts: 5 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement