Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » I could use some prayer

Author Topic: I could use some prayer
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many good positions stated by all, my position on Salvation may vary some what, but I choose not to find any disagreement. I hope all will agree with the advice I give below.

The heart of every issue, is the issue of the heart.

PS 34:18 Jehovah is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart, And saveth such as are of a contrite spirit.

YEHWEH is nigh - Ready to hear and succour them.

Those whose spirits are truly humbled under the hand of God, and the sense of their sins, whose hearts are subdued, and made obedient to YEHWEH’S will and submissive to HIS providence.

PS 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: A broken and contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Behold, YEHWEH desires truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden man YEHWEH shalt make me to know wisdom.
Purge me by thy GRACE, and by the BLOOD OF YOUR SACRIFICE “YESHUA”, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Make me to hear joy and gladness; that my spirit may rejoice over my sins that are under the BLOOD..
Create in me a clean heart, O ELOHIM ; and renew a right spirit within me.
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me [with thy] free spirit.
[Then] will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
Deliver me from blood guiltiness, O ELOHIM , thou YEHWEH of my salvation: [and] my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give [it]: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
The sacrifices of YEHWEH [are] a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O ELOHIM , thou wilt not despise.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LWSJ
Community Member
Member # 1384

Icon 15 posted      Profile for LWSJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello "help Me",
Like you, I'm fairly new here also. And like you, I also was saved and baptised when I was young and fell away from the church as a teenager. But, I think you realized what I did. You can leave church, but you can never leave God. He always calles to you to let you know He's still there, and that He still loves you. Follow His voice and let His love guide you.
They that trust in the Lord shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.
Psalm 125:1(KJV)
Please keep your faith and keep praying to the Lord for strength and guidance with all your heart. The Lord will hear you and answer your prayers. I'm praying for you and your family also. The walk of christian faith can seem like an uphill climb sometimes, but remember, the best view is always at the top!
God Bless You!

Posts: 19 | From: Ohio | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Helpme,

Keep praying, keep attending, read your Bible EVERYDAY, and stop any activity that you know God is not happy with. Don’t push your husband or children instead lead by example. Be prepared for persecution it will come from your unsaved husband, your children, and their friends. The temptation is to strike back with condemnation to those close to you that have not yet been saved. Don’t do it. Convict them with the fruits of the Spirit manifest in your life. There is nothing more powerful than a praying mom. Your prayers will bring renewed conviction form the Holy Spirit to your precious family.

Acts 16:31
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Acts 11:14
Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.

You are in my prayers and I am praying that God will save your family.

Pastor Dave

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear help:

Welcome to our little corner of the world.

Your note really touched a chord with me because my story is similar in that I was saved as a child, did not walk in the spirit for most of my adult life, and then a few years ago, God got my attention in a big way, and basically told me time is short shape up now. My kids were bound for hell and I had been in oblivion.

In 5 short years he has completely changed our lives, and I am pleased to tell you that just this year, I saw my last child surrender to the Lordship of Jesus!

I guess what I want to say to you is this. The time is short and I believe that God is calling his kids. Those of us who have been skating along in our comfy little worlds thinking that we are here on this earth for our own pleasure... he is gathering His flock. He is convicting us that we are here for His pleasure, and for his eternal purpose in our lives and the lives of those around us.

It sounds like he is gathering you too, and probably for the sake of your family. Just remember that the single most effectual thing you can do to bring about the salvation of your children and your husband is to PRAY.

I have for the past five years stood on these two verses and have just been astounded to watch God work.

I hope these will be an encouragement to you too! Stand on them. His word will not return nill. His word will be!

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: [B]but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.[\B]

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved,[B] and thy house.[\B]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello helpme I just perceive in your writings that your strength is in the matter, please don’t get wrong but live it to God and you will see it in due time how wonderful His Grace is I my self am going thru ruff waters but He is Faithful and Just that will not leave you but glorify Himself in the mist of thy weakness.

A mighty fortress is our God,
a bulwark never failing;
our helper he amid the flood
of mortal ills prevaling.
For still our ancient foe
doth seek to work us woe;
his craft and power are great,
and armed with cruel hate,
on earth is not his equal.

Did we in our own strength confide,
our striving would be losing,
were not the right man on our side,
the man of God's own choosing.
Dost ask who that may be?
Christ Jesus, it is he;
Lord Sabbaoth, his name,
from age to age the same,
and he must win the battle.

And though this world, with devils filled,
should threaten to undo us,
we will not fear, for God hath willed
his truth to triumph through us.
The Prince of Darkness grim,
we tremble not for him;
his rage we can endure,
for lo, his doom is sure;
one little word shall fell him.

That word above all earthly powers,
no thanks to them, abideth;
the Spirit and the gifts are ours,
thru him who with us sideth.
Let goods and kindred go,
this mortal life also;
the body they may kill;
God's truth abideth still;
his kingdom is forever.

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpme
First Post
Member # 1353

Icon 2 posted      Profile for helpme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I am new here. I am asking for prayer. There is alot that I do not know. I started going to church when I was about 5 years old my mother took me every Sunday. I went and I was saved and Baptized when I was 13yrs old. I was saved on Halloween night. That was the first time that I had actually felt the holy spirit. I felt as if I were being pushed to the alter. I feared not going up there. At some point and time when I was a teenager I quit going to church. I have made so many mistakes through out my life. I know that they are mistakes that I can't change or take back. I have been thinking alot about God and going to church lately. I have started to read the Bible somewhat. I feel like I am going through so much of a struggle right now spiritually. I have always believed in God no matter what. I have not led the Christian life though. I am wanting to get my kids going to church. My husband agreed to go one time with us so far. He won't talk to me if he believes or not. He gets defensive on me. Before we were married he told me he did believe in God and now he won't say either way. I wonder if God is disappointed in me sometimes. I know he is forgiving. I have been trying to change and do right for God and my kids and I want to be an example to my husband but it is so hard. I could go on forever but I won't. I am just asking for some prayer to help me be strong to do what I need to do to please God and to teach my kids and hopefully get through to my husband. I don't trust myself to stick with going to church once I get in. I don't trust myself to do what God wants. There is so much more I could add but I won't right now because I am new here.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement