Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » I fell....

Author Topic: I fell....
hopeful4future
Community Member
Member # 1229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopeful4future     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a hard topic for me to address. My ex-husband cheated on me when we were married four years and I was pregnant. It took him another four years to confess. I did however forgive him and eventually trusted him again completely. That was not the reason for our divorce. But I cannot explain the despair that infidelity brings. You have done the hardest thing, repenting, asking for forgiveness and giving her whatever she needs to trust you again. Now is not the time to give up. You have been brave, don't take the cowards way out now. Be there for your wife and your children. This too shall pass. I will pray for your family to heal. Stay in the word and seek help when you need it. Taking your life would only compound your sin and ruin your families lives. Think of them now, not your own pain.
Posts: 8 | From: Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chestnutmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew, I am sorry for your sin and that you must suffer its repercussions. Sin is sin afterall and it most certainly carries with it repercussions for which if we contemplated fully beforehand might help keep us on the straight and narrow.

It was once said by a wise christian who was witnessing the execution of some criminal. This wise man was approached by another nobleman who scoffed at the criminal that was to be executed saying, I'm glad I'm not a sinner like him, to which the wise man replied, "but for the grace of God so go I."

I think it fair to say that we are all sinners and worthy of the consequences of sin. If not for Jesus Christ paying the price for our sin we would all be condemned for our actions.

It is a good thing for you to repent. I will pray for your marriage and family's healing. Look to God for the healing. Look to Him for the strength to overcome all sorts of temptation. We should all pray for each other as we all face temptations but through Christ, we can find a way to escape.

In His name,
chestnutmare

Posts: 79 | From: Swanzey, NH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
living4him
Advanced Member
Member # 1187

Icon 18 posted      Profile for living4him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will keep you and your wife in my prayers. May God lift you up and bring you out of your darkness. Take care of you and yours.

--------------------
God is our refuge and strength,
a very present help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear though the earth should change,
though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea;
though its waters roar and foam,
though the mountains tremble with its tumult.

Posts: 29 | From: CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pastor Dave
Advanced Member
Member # 965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pastor Dave   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew, you, your wife and children are in my prayers.

--------------------
Your servant in Jesus our Christ, Pastor Dave

John 3:3
"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Posts: 273 | From: Niles, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for all your concerns.... [Frown]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andrew33
First Post
Member # 1218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andrew33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had an affair with a woman at work. Now I am on the verge of losing my job. My wife and I have since reconcilled, now she heard from the Dr. she has an STD, HPV. I have repented however I am deeply condemend. I have had thoughts of suicide. I cannot get over this big sin I have committed. After 7 years of marriage I never thought I would ever cheat on her. We have two boys 6 and 4 years.....

Please pray for my wife and I

Drew and Alma

--------------------
Andrew (His disciple)

Posts: 1 | From: Leander, Tx | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement