Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Need a future

Author Topic: Need a future
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chestnutmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thank God that He has provided a job for you.

I thank God also for you. After reading your postings to other people, I think that you are a bright and sensitive young woman with lot to offer. You have made a difference in people's lives.

May God provide you with a supportive christian community, all the encouragement you need to go forth and do His will, and the courage and strength you need to use your gifts for His glory.

May you know the Lord and enjoy Him forever!

chestnutmare

Posts: 79 | From: Swanzey, NH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rebecca25
Member # 982

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Rebecca25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
I want to thank you all for participating and caring enough to think of me and my problems.
The good news is that I'm going to have a chance to train and become a professional driver. I'll be able to make a decent wage without having to purchase any more $250 outfits that look "professional." This will help me pay off my endocrinologist,and take the burden of paying for my medications off my family. I am still hoping to grow in the family of God, because if I don't, it won't matter how much I do, it will be wasted effort.
Thanks and Thank God,
Rebecca

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rebecca25; please understand, your needs are JUST as important as anyones, even the one with the brain tumor. No matter how big, no matter how small, God does not discriminate and neither do we.

You are JUST as SPECIAL.

God Bless you

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rebecca25
Member # 982

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Rebecca25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to disagree with the idea that my prayer request is as urgent as that of the woman writing about the brain tumor patient.
Posts: 5 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My child; you are as important on this board as anyone. You are special. please know that first off.

May I intone something? when you are down and struggling, that shows up at each job interview. And the problem magnifies as you try to deal with your situation on your own.

In your area [where you live] I am sure there is a Christian counsellor somewhere who can help give you direction. As for a Church, Find one that Preaches, teaches, and lives the Gospel. Find that Fellowship, that nutures and uplifts.

We here, have counsellors, who have a compassionate heart, who can begin the process, with you.

One thing more, what are your real interests? what are the things you like to do? what are your hobbies? Look into your self for career answers. MOST people do not have a career that is associated with whatever degree they recieved. PRAY, my child. God will answer.

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father God surround this precious child with Your awesome eternal love. Dear Father if she has not yet come to Christ, lead her into the glory of Your salvation, and a personal relationship with You. Dear Father draw her near, hold her close, lift her up, and minister to those specific needs, hurts, and vulnerabilities in her life, and heal the wounds and heartaches, and fill her precious heart with Your peace which passes all of our human understanding.

Dear Father lead this precious child into the fellowship, and community of Believers where You would have her to be, and open the special doors of Your perfect will for her life, in employment and relationships, that are within Your perfect love and will for this precious child. Bless her heart Lord, and bless her in those areas of greatest need, as she turns to You and Your perfect will for her. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rebecca25
Member # 982

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Rebecca25     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From reading the other posts, it seems you often get messages from the unemployed and the depressed. This request shouldn't surprise you because I am both. please pray for everybody else first before you pray for me. I don't want to interfere.
I know you can't cure depression or tell me where to get a job. I know God is the ONLY one who can really help me, but for some reason things aren't getting anywhere. I have come a long way, but right now it is so hard to live out my days with such a sense of failure and isolation, and I need God to make it more clear what I should do to please Him. If I could just get a legitimate career direction I would be okay, but my life has never had direction or focus, or meaning.

Can anyone direct me to resources that can help me? Where can I go to talk with encouraging Christian people who understand what it is like to live with mental illness? So far I have not found a good message board or forum.
I don't know where you're prayers come into this. I have never had anyone pray with me on these problems. I am trying to find a church, but I don't want to make a mistake.

I have been trusting in the Lord to bring me a new job for almost 12 months now, but I am not getting anywhere, and I am beginning to panic. But my real worry is that I will not "make something of myself." I've always got a lot of negative feedback from some relatives,and I just can't put their condemnation of me out of my mind.
The real reason I can't get work is *me*.
None of this is God's fault. He worked a miracle for me when he got me graduated and out of college. I will try to write a report on that soon. The sad thing is I got the wrong degree (business)and everyone knows it. I am so terrified! I need God to be my Protector and Sustainer.

I have been humbled because I was too proud, that's all. If I can just keep limping along, maybe God will count it as righteousness for me. I really want to help young people, and keep them from suffering so much.
It's really tough for me to write this so that it makes sense. Please let me hear back from you. [help]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement