Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Troubled Times

Author Topic: Troubled Times
Bearer
Advanced Member
Member # 40

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bearer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Prayer] Dear GODhearme:

I am a Christian Counselor. I would like to help you. I agree with the others who have posted there are some questions that need to be answered. Please contact me at f@carolina.rr.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Serving JESUS as HIS instrument
Mary at Bearer Ministries

--------------------
Mary At Bearer Ministries

Posts: 50 | From: Spencer, NC | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abidinginhim
Advanced Member
Member # 620

Icon 16 posted      Profile for abidinginhim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear God Hear Me...

It is important to remember that love is not a feeling. Love is a decision we have to make every minutes of our married lives. We decide we are going to love that person each day. I encourage you as others have to get good counsel. Gary Smalley has a lot of wonderful books out including Love is a Decision. If your husband is physically hurting you, you must always put yourself in a place of safety. Jesus Christ does not allow for women to be door mats or punching bags. Submission is a lot more than that!

Seek counsel my sister. You've loved this man a long time...

--------------------
It's All About Him!

Posts: 137 | From: The Mountains of NC | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magrande
Community Member
Member # 652

Icon 16 posted      Profile for magrande     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am trying to get in touch with "godhearme"im not to good at the e-mail thing.how do i reply to a message to this person?please help.if you hear me "godhearme" hang on friend/ Matt
Posts: 7 | From: WORK | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost
Advanced Member
Member # 343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agreed with my brother joel. are you saved? that's the first and most important question. is your husband saved? that's the second most important question. and by being saved, we mean do you and your husband have a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ? do you know Him? do you spend time in His Word getting to know Him? this is a very important first step. my advice is that the two of you sit down and read the Word together. start in the new testament and go through it first. remember that divorce is not an option in God's kingdom (unless the other party is an unbeliever and they leave you or the other party was sleeping with someone else). it is not His will that you run from your problems but that you submit your will to Him and give your problems to God. you have already married this man for better or for worse, not for change or i'm leaving. you obviously must love this man for marrying him, please give it time and start taking this man to church and start growing with this man in the ways of God. i've seen God restore some hurting marriages (latest one is my friend Chris), and He can do the same to yours but it's going to take some work on both of your parts and it may not be easy. if you are willing, then God will be faithful. i will pray about your situation. you may be able to find a church near you at www.calvarychapel.org/affiliates and if not one of these then find one near you. make sure they teach you out of the Word of God and have good Christain counseling. may the Lord Jesus Christ bless you and restore your marriage. your brother in Christ.

lost

--------------------
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life. - Rev 22:17

Posts: 115 | From: Los Angeles/San Diego, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njclary
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Godhearme: I will pray, but may I ask you? Are you Saved? Is your husband Saved? Do you attend a Church that preaches the Gospel? The answers lie there.

My child, as a man of some few years, I have seen many couples take escape routes from their families, only to end up in the same situations they grew up in. Is this possibily the case?

If you are not in a Church and Neither you or your husband are Saved, you need to start there.Then determine why have you been unhappy all these years. What was the reason that your early relationship made you unhappy yet you stayed in it? Is it possibliy a feeling of unworthiness, Does he treat you badly or does he ignore you?

Please try counselling before you do anything permanent. With proper counselling, you will be able to to find the root causes of your unhappiness, and learn to develope a dialog with your husband and the same can be said for him.

God Bless

Joel

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
godhearme
First Post
Member # 707

Icon 16 posted      Profile for godhearme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been married for about 16 months but have been dating the person since I have been 15 years old (it will be eleven years in July). Throughout our whole relationship we have broken up three times and all for the same reason. I was not happy. Each time I went back thinking that things would change, but they didn't. However, now we are married and yes I have left for the third time. I have had such a hard time with dealing with my parents and him. He now says he realizes the error of his ways and that this time he will change, HE PROMISES. I don't want to go back, but can't stand to see him in pain. I do care for him, but I do not love him anymore. I am suffering and agonizing over what to do. I never thought that I would get a divorce. NEVER. I thought I would be happy. I am so miserable. I want to believe that he will change and that this time will be different, but I don't. I have even thought of taking my own life to make this all go away, but I know that is not the answer. It seems that all I do is make everyone miserable around me. I have no faith in myself to make the right decision. Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1 | From: Chicago, Illinois | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement