Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » --Chris and Traci Klicka,

Author Topic: --Chris and Traci Klicka,
barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 18 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen

[Prayer]

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just recieved this, it may be late in one sense of the word late, but it is never late when GOD is envolved. continue to pray for Chris and Traci Klicka

--Chris and Traci Klicka, Wednesday
OCTOBER 30, 2002 a Worldwide Day of Crying Out to God for healing for Chris and Tracy Klicka
For those of you who may not know them, Chris Klicka is a Christian home school husband, father of seven ages 4 -1 4 and the longest employed attorney at HSLDA. He has given legal assistance and ministered to home schoolers in difficulties all over the world. He is a sought after speaker and author of numerous books including the new and godly book, "The Heart of Home Schooling."
Chris is experiencing serious difficulties and suffering because he has the most aggressive form of MS. With effort he continues to be able to walk with a cane at this time. He has experienced growing weakness in his hands and blurriness (on and off each day) in both eyes.
Tracy has suffered greatly, nearly losing her life to ulcerative colitis. When active she loses lots of blood and is unable to absorb any nutrients from her food. The only medication which restrains the disease,because of serious side effects, can not be taken long term.
We want to join together on this Wednesday October 30th all around the world to cry out to God for healing for Chris and Tracy. We ask you to pray throughout the day and fast as well. In crying out, we mean to actually lift your voice audibly to God with your request for their healing. Perhaps in your family worship time your family would pray this prayer aloud together or you might cry out in a private prayer time.
At times the Bible tells us to cry out to God, to shout for help in our time of need. In Christ being one let us all home schoolers and Christians all around the world cry out to God on behalf of Chris and Tracy this Wednesday October 30, 2002 in prayer and fasting. Look at what the Bible says, "Call upon Me in the day of trouble: I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me." Psalm 50:15.
"I cry out to the LORD with my voice; with my voice to the LORD I make my supplication. I pour out my complaint before Him; I declare before Him my trouble." Psalm 142:1& 2
"For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, 'Abba, Father." Romans 8:15
Here are some examples of crying out you may have experienced.
Perhaps you as a parent have grown deeply distressed about your child by the ocean or in the mountains and shouted for your child. Parents recognize their child's crying out, especially when its one of desperation.
Particularly the story of blind Bartimaeus in Mark 10: 46-48 tells of one who cried out. As he sat beside the road begging he heard that Jesus was to pass by. He cried out to Jesus to heal him. The bystanders tried to quiet him. He cried even louder, "Son of David, have mercy on me." When he cried out in desperation, Jesus stopped and gave him sight.
Prayer can be casual & lacking in fervency. But not so with a cry. Crying out to God is an act of desperation and total concentration. It is a fervent expression of faith.
WHAT IS CRYING OUT?
A cry is an exercise in humility. "I need your help." God hears the cry of the humble. "He does not forget the cry of the humble." Ps. 9:12
A cry is unconditional surrender. "I will do your will."
A cry is a plea for mercy. " I do not deserve your goodness, your help."
A cry recognizes personal helplessness. "I am weak."
A cry confirms faith in God's power and resources. "I know God can save."
PREPARE TO CRY OUT
Before crying out for Chris and Tracy examine your heart before God. Make sure there is no sin which needs confessing. Pray. Repent of sin and seek His cleansing.
SUGGESTED PRAYER
Almighty God, You are the great Physician. You have called Chris and Tracy to love you with their heart, with their soul, with their mind and with their strength. They do not hold back from serving You and counting that as joy. Please honor Yourself by bringing healing to Chris and Tracy. Make us all bold in serving You.
--Excerpted from The Power of Crying Out produced by the Institute in Basic Life Principles. Used with permission. The book is endorsed by Adrian Rogers, D. James Kennedy, Dr. Charles Stanley, Dr. Gary Smalley, Bruce Wilkinson, John D. Beckett, Pat Boone, Dr. Bill Bright, Bryan Paulus, Cong. Sam Johnson, and Cong. Jim Ryun.
SHELTER shelter@trip.net

"Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."
James 5:16

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement