Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Halloween Attitude Adjustment

Author Topic: Halloween Attitude Adjustment
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[WOW] I am so happy for you!

Praise GOD for answered prayers!!!!!!!!!!

[Big Clap] [Smile]

[Big Clap] [Smile]

[Big Clap] [Smile]

[Big Clap]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amalthea
Advanced Member
Member # 318

Icon 21 posted      Profile for Amalthea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Rolling] [WOW]

I just got home from the hospital on Friday.

I felt the first contractions on Saturday afternoon, while my husband and I were shopping. By Monday afternoon I was in full-blown labor, but still hadn't broken water. Monday night I went in, and if it weren't for my friend who went with us who is a nurse, they would have sent me home ("Only 1 cm dilated...not ready yet!")

I had had an issue with fibroids that everyone, including myself & the doctor, forgot all about. Tuesday morning I started pushing, but the fibroids were in the way and wouldn't let the baby through. Finally, after 3-4 hours of that, the doctor decided to go cesarian.

End result: at 11:06 AM on Tuesday, November 5, the answer to many people's prayers over 17 years was finally answered, as our beautiful daughter, Deborah Celina, was born. She came out with a full head of hair and singing! Debby was 8 lbs. 2 oz., and 21" long.

Thank y'all for your prayers and concerns.

Posts: 30 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Amalthea [Kiss]

I have been praying for you and baby... [Prayer]

Today is your due date right?

Please give us an update when you can..... [Smile]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Father God be with our Dear Sister Amalthea and this precious wee-lamb nestled just under her heart. Surround this precious family with Your awesome love, and bless their hearts and their lives in You. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcofHIM
Advanced Member
Member # 503

Icon 12 posted      Profile for bcofHIM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PRAISE!!!! [Big Clap] [Big Clap]
Hope you have a great check up!!!

Posts: 36 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amalthea
Advanced Member
Member # 318

Icon 19 posted      Profile for Amalthea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, October 31 has come and gone, and my daughter hasn't arrived yet. I'm going in today for a check-up, and they are going to look into the possibility of inducing. I'm OK with this either way, whether they do or don't.

Thank you for your prayers, and I apologize for being just a little silly about the whole Halloween thing. I'm still glad that her birthday will be a "normal" day now! [Rolling]

Posts: 30 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Amalthea:
I need prayer on a slight attitude adjustment.

I am due to give birth to my first child. The actual due date is 11/2. However, this brings up the possibility of her being born on 10/31...Halloween!

Don't worry! Just remember the good things that happened on this date!

Satan wants people to forget it so he put out the Holloween thing, but just remember the below:

October 31, 1517 [thumbsup] [Big Clap]

Martin Luther posted his 95 Theses or statements on the Wittenbergy Church door to solicit public debate on issues like the sale of indulgence (pieces of paper insuring reduced time in purgatory for loved ones)

Reformation Themes -

Justification by faith, according to Luther and other Protestant reformers, is the key to the Scripture, the Christian faith and the Reformation. It means simply taking hold of God's promise (faith) that he accepts us as righteous because of Christ (justification)

The Three Reformation Solos -

Scripture alone - Only Gods word is our sure guide for faith and life-not the teachings or traditions of the church.

Faith alone - only faith or trust in God's promises, not our efforts, receive God's justification.

Grace alone- only though God's undeserved love are we made righteous, not through he merits of humans - saints or others

If your baby is born on Oct 31 just post this on the wall and thank God for men like Martin Luther and pray your child can make such and impact. God bless you and the new little one that is on the way. May God bless the baby and you!

P.S. My son Caleb was born on November the 2nd so I know what your going through. I didn't want him to be born on Oct 31 either, grin. But I have a friend that was and he is a very good man.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amalthea
Advanced Member
Member # 318

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Amalthea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, all for the great responses! I realize that a lot of this is strictly hormonal and, as I said, may be a moot point. Thanks for taking me seriously (even if I don't).

bcofHIM: My older brother was in a near-fatal accident years ago. He called me on my birthday, and he said that he hoped that my baby wouldn't be born on 11/7, because that was the day of his accident...but then he remembered that 11/7 is also his anniversary!!! So, he guesses it's OK. [Big Grin]

Susan: Good call on Santa! My hub & I are not big on the "fat man in the red suit". She will know the stories, but won't base all her hopes and dreams on him...but instead, on HIM! [Cross]

As for respect, I don't think that is quite it. My sister had a similar problem, as her daughter was born on 2/15. Since she went c-section & could schedule, a lot of people thought a Valentine's baby would be "cute". My sister disagreed...someone can only have so many pink-heart birthdays. So, she purposely scheduled it for the next day. She, for one, supports our Halloween decision. Anyway, I don't think it is lack of respect; others just think it "cute".

Miguel: Thanks loads for the scriptures...truly food for thought! As for alternatives, our church has a Harvest Party for the Halloween weekend, where fun (and candy) is had, fellowship is held, costumes are worn, and nary a ghost in thought (except for the Holy Ghost). [Big Grin]

Larry: Yes, a building is just a building...and a church is not a building! The Church is the PEOPLE!

Thanks, again, for all your prayers and advice. As you can see, my senses are slowly coming back.

Your Sister in Christ
Amalthea (& baby)

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congradulation Amalthea ,
on the baby, bring the child up in the fear of the LORD, that when he/she is old they will not depart.

Good advice Susan,

Collect your thoughts, put all you want to say on paper. Do not let others interfear with the way you and your husband deside to raise the child. Your husband will stand before GOD and give account for how the child is raised. No one else.

Remember
"the heart of every issue, is the issue of the heart"

A day is only a day, and GOD regards one day no higher than the next, but we are also commanded to give no place to the Devil.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry Twidwell
Community Member
Member # 285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry Twidwell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read in Church history that early Christians used to meet in abandoned pagan temples out of necessity.

A building is just a building.
A day is just a day.

Jesus Christ is Lord of all.

--------------------
Serving Him, Larry
http://www.bloodofthelamb.org

Posts: 19 | From: Klamath River, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let’s look at the big picture for a minute. Because Halloween is such huge business, there is a lot of publicity and attention given to October 31. Why not take advantage of all this fanfare and use it to “turn on the light” of God’s Word with an alternative that could take people one step closer to a relationship with Jesus? Ephesians 5:16 encourages us to “make the most of every opportunity,” and Halloween is just such an occasion for Christians who are serious about making a difference in their world.

THIS WOULD APPLY IF HE OR SHE IS STRONG IN THE FAITH, BUT THE SAD REALITY IS THAT THERE IS ALLOT OF WEAK SPIRITUAL CHRISTIANS, AND THIS CAN LEAD THEM TO BELIEVED A FALSE GOSPEL ALL TOGETHER.

Remember that participating in an alternative is not the same thing as celebrating the holiday. When we celebrate a holiday, like Halloween, we are publicly bringing some sort of honor to the day. When we participate in an alternative, we are taking part in providing a choice between Halloween and some other event. We can choose to be part of an alternative to Halloween without the stigma of expressing some type of satisfaction with the traditional celebration of the holiday. The right alternative can be safe and fun for kids and yet still honor God. It's important that our kids do not feel as if they are missing out on something just because they are Christians . Ultimately, Halloween can be a great opportunity to "overcome evil with good" (Romans 12:21).

THE PROBLEMS IS THAT IT WILL BRING MANY SHAPES AND SHOW MANY TYPES OF SATISFACTIONS IN TO THE TRADITION; THAT WHY IS SO GOOD AND EFFECTIVE AMONG MANY PEOPLE. IT FEELS GOOD?

It's important that our kids do not feel as if they are missing out on something just because they are Christians

THAT IS THE POINT THEY ARE NOT MISSING ANYTHING!

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amber
Advanced Member
Member # 41

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Amber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David, thanks for the web page. It's a good one. God bless, Amber

--------------------
But if we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

Posts: 71 | From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Below is a great place to go to get info on Halloween!

http://www.gospel.com/halloween_resources.htm

Thanks www.gospel.com !

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Amalthea

This scriptures will help you

Matt 5:8
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. (KJV)

Luke 6:45
45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh. (KJV)

Luke 8:15
15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience. (KJV)

Acts 15:8-9
8 And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;
9 And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. (KJV)

1Thes 3:13
13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints. (KJV)

II Th 3:5
5 And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. (KJV)

1 Tim 1:5
5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned: (KJV)

2 Tim 2:22
22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. (KJV)

Heb 10:22
22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. (KJV)

James 4:8
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. (KJV)

James 5:8
8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. (KJV)

1 Pet 1:22
22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: (KJV)

1 Pet 3:15
15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: (KJV)

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great advice susan! I did kind of miss our dear sister's point didn't I. [dunce]

I am glad some of us around here are on our toes! [Kiss]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
I understand your concern and I know you will do the right thing as always and see the day as one of God's blessed days, as is everyday.

Your whole point was the rest of the family.
I would like to suggest that you have a straight forward talk with your family. Call a family conference. If you are afraid to talk to them about YOUR baby then I suspect there is a lack of respect in the family for one another.
She is YOUR child. Stand up for her and for GOD.
They will rather do it your way than to not be able to spend time with her.
While your at it, if you are one who won't lie to the baby about the Santa Clause, then you might want to bring that up as well at the family conference. Be loving but stern!
Plan the conference. Not only will planning help you make it through it but they will see that you are very serious about this isssue. Again, this is YOUR child.
Pray and we will pray as well. Where two or more are gathered, HE is in our midst.

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyday including October 31st is a Day our Lord hath made! Rejoice and be glad in it.

Don't give that day to the devil in your mind sister.

If your baby is born on that day rejoice in the glorious thing God has done on His day.

The pagan rituals that occur on this day do not change the truth and that is God gave us this day, which in God's calendar is not october 31 but most likely the first day or second day of Heshvan the 8th month. Since the bibical calendar has 29/30 days

Nissan 1 30 days March-April
Iyar 2 29 days April-May
Sivan 3 30 days May-June
Tammuz 4 29 days June-July
Av 5 30 days July-August
Elul 6 29 days August-September
Tishri 7 30 days September-October
Cheshvan 8 29 or 30 days October-November
Kislev 9 30 or 29 days November-December
Tevet 10 29 days December-January
Shevat 11 30 days January-February
Adar 12 29 or 30 days February-March
Adar II 13 29 days March-April

God bless you and your baby, sister!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bcofHIM
Advanced Member
Member # 503

Icon 21 posted      Profile for bcofHIM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off CONGRATS!!!! Children are a wonderful blessing to a family!!
I understand your concern in regards to not wanting the baby to be born on halloween. I have a 2.5 y/o & when I was first told that she could be born on 3/23 I almost cried. See, I am a second wife and my husband's first wife's birthday was that day. Don't ask me why this was such a big deal. (hormones?) But it was. Well, my baby came 1 day before. Now that I look back on how I felt. I feel kind of silly, because you know that day no matter what day it is, is speical because that is the day/will be the day that the Lord blessed YOU with that beautiful baby!!! Praise the Lord!!!

Posts: 36 | From: DFW, TX | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amalthea
Advanced Member
Member # 318

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Amalthea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need prayer on a slight attitude adjustment.

I am due to give birth to my first child. The actual due date is 11/2. However, this brings up the possibility of her being born on 10/31...Halloween!

My husband and I don't "do" Halloween, and I fear that if she is born on that day, our relatives & friends will all be pretty insistant upon her birthdays being celebrated with witches, cauldrons & pumpkins. She's a little girl...not a hobgoblin! [mad2]

However, it is just another date.

One other thing that I keep having to remind myself of...this child IS a wondrous gift from God (we have been married for 17 years, she is our first, and with no assistance from doctors or fertility specialists) and His timing is always perfect. If He chooses that day for her to be born, I've got to accept that.

Help me to try to keep a positive attitude, and not to obsess about it. After all...she's not here yet, and the whole thing just might be a moot point! [spiny]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement