Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Life versus Death—Chose Life

Author Topic: Life versus Death—Chose Life
Dancin4Him
Advanced Member
Member # 498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dancin4Him     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lord, please help chestnutmare through this time, please give her the patience to deal with her husband, and give her the words to comfort her husband. Lord, also help him to hang on, and to see all the blessings of life, please give him the peace that he needs. Amen.

"All things work for the good of those who praise the Lord" (Not sure where that verse is, but it is true. I have had so many challenges in the last month)

Here's a quote I hope will comfort you:

God does not work on our time table, but God's timing is always perfect. Reflect on God's faithfulness in the past, and you will find the strenght you need today."

--------------------
If your going through hell, just keep on walking.

MY QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
"Some of you may die, but its a sacrifice I'm willing to make."

-Lord Farquaad, Shrek

Posts: 143 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chestnutmare
Advanced Member
Member # 392

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chestnutmare     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I came to Christ through a suicide attempt thirty years ago so I feel that I do understandwhat can bring a person so low as to destroy their own life. Now, I find myself married to a man who speaks of suicide and depression frequently. It seems circumstantial as he is new in this country and having difficulty finding work that he is trained for. This too is understandable as he has played the piano since he was four years old and devoted his whole life to playing the piano. He is learning english but finds it very hard to teach the younger students which makes him feel pretty bad. I am trying to get him started in performance as that is the area he is cut out for only it takes time and I am worried about his constant comoplaining about being depressed and suicidal. I am also trying to hang on to my own balance so that I can make the home function well. I get discouraged and confused through all this too.
Posts: 79 | From: Swanzey, NH | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement