Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » prayer

Author Topic: prayer
Miguel
Advanced Member
Member # 47

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miguel   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost while is was reading your last post this thought came to mind (your walk is the key for God to work thru you so that she may see Christ in you.)

That was my thought when I read your last post, like you said she have fear and your walk can show her the differents, it is going to take more than what you think at this time, it involves allot of physical evidence and spiritual one at the same time so that she might see and acknowledge that (yes) I see Christ inyou.

And that desire that Christ create on her because of your faithful walk in Him. Not that it is because of you but thru you Christ worked His good pleasure. He draws her thru your witness.

Always be honest to her (give your best to be honest)
Always admit your fault with no excuses (that is ointment to the heart)
Try not to be so critical (that will bring openness of heart)
Share with her with humbleness why is do you love the LORD
Always support her with comfort in her fears
Play (audio) the Word of God in your quiet time
Women (s) they need assurance (you need to show her that)

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

--------------------
Romans 9:11-24

Our Eschatology may vary even our Ecclesiology may be disputed among us but our Soteriology most assume a singularity and exclusivity which in biblical term is known as Quote; "The Narrow Way" and Quote!

Posts: 2792 | From: Stockton,Ca | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost
Advanced Member
Member # 343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for all of your prayers once again. i heard God tell me to pray against the spirit of fear in her life. you see, she has this fear of christians and that we're gonna force her to convert. i've tried to explain to her that it's not like that but it seems to go in one ear and out the other. driving home from Bible study on monday, God told me to pray against the spirit of fear so that's what i'm doing. if God lays this on any of your hearts then please join with me in this prayer. thanks to all my brothers and sisters. much love and God bless.

eric

--------------------
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life. - Rev 22:17

Posts: 115 | From: Los Angeles/San Diego, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
In Search
Community Member
Member # 554

Icon 1 posted      Profile for In Search     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lost,

We can not even comprehend the power of prayer. Stay faithful and God's will will be done. I'll pray for you and Melany

Posts: 11 | From: Johnson City, TN | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
listener
Advanced Member
Member # 338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for listener         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I pray with you.
Posts: 119 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost
Advanced Member
Member # 343

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lost     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just wanted to say thanks for all of your prayers. she's actually coming to church with me this sunday. so please keep praying for her cuz you know it's going to be a spiritual battle. just pray that melany's eyes, ears, and heart will be open to the message. praise the Lord for being so wonderful to me. i'm real excited to see what will happen next.

lost

--------------------
The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life. - Rev 22:17

Posts: 115 | From: Los Angeles/San Diego, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jillibean
Community Member
Member # 480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jillibean         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you can look within......and pray for your own healing.....and take your eyes off of Melanie, you will begin to see......
You are right about one thing.....you cannot change Melanie. And yes God can. Just place her in his care. Period.
Then begin to take care of yourself. If you are not taking care of yourself and growing spiritually, then you can care for no one else.
I know.......I have looked outside of myself and tried to fix everyone else my whole life. And all that the world was showing me was my own brokenness.

Posts: 18 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Lost,
I will pray about your concerns.
Oh how I pray to be able to let Him have His will in me ALL the time. We just never measure up. Thank God in Heaven for Jesus Christ who bridges that gap between God and us.

Do be mindful of what God says about being unevenly yoked. I made the mistake of thinking my husband would change after marriage. I was so wrong and it's wrong thinking. I now have 18 years of everyday heartache being married to an unbeliever. I let a deceptive heart come before God's will for me.

I do pray God will bless you by helping the lady find her way to Jesus and hold Him first as her love in her heart.
I also pray that at that time, your heart and her hearts desire will be fullfilled, not for your own gain but for the Glory of God.

Have you talked to and prayed with this young lady? Will she allow you that much?
I pray she will.

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Lost,

I will pray for all your concerns..

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lost
Advanced Member
Member # 343

oh yeah, and i forgot an important thing. pray that God separates us if it is His will to do so. pray that His will be done in everything in my life and that my will is never done (it'll keep me out of a lot of trouble). and pray that my ears, eyes, and heart are open to His teaching. thanks.

eric

--------------------

Lost
Advanced Member
Member # 343

please pray for my girlfriend melany who is not saved. pray for her heart to be softened to the word of the Lord. pray for her to seek peace for the emptiness she feels. pray for her to not be lured astray by false religions. pray for her to fall in God's loving arms. i love her so much and there's nothing i can do to help her but pray. and i would appreciate it if you would join with me. also pray for me that God may use me to glorify His name for her to see. pray for me patience, wisdom, strength, and discernment in these matters. thanks.

eric

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement