Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » stressed

Author Topic: stressed
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Almathea. You will just know when you have found your church home. I went through 4 before I walked into the one God chose for me. I knew the first time I went in there that it was where I belong.

Pray about it and then hush so you can hear God's wonderful voice lead you.

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amalthea
Advanced Member
Member # 318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amalthea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Important thing when going "church shopping". It won't be an overnight thing. You may have to go to many churches before you find the right one. You will know when you do...you will feel a sense of "coming home". [Lighthouse]

After we became homeless my husband and I went on "the great church search". It took quite a few months, every Sunday going somewhere new (occasionally hitting a place twice if it was particularly good) but I knew the second I walked through the doors that the last place was "the one". We've been there for about 4 years now and still love it. [Big Grin]

Fight against discouragement...it will come. [Bang Head]

I also suffer from a high-stress make-up, but the closer I come to my Lord and Savior, the easier it is to let go of the stress.

Hang in there, have faith, and know that we here ARE praying for you! [thumbsup]

Posts: 30 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amber
Advanced Member
Member # 41

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Amber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stevie, I will be praying for you, and I hope you stay grounded in God's word. Keep up your relationship with Him. People can make you worry and let you down, but God will NEVER let you down. He is constant. Read and pray, and I will be keeping you in my prayers.
[Lighthouse]

--------------------
But if we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

Posts: 71 | From: South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stevie
Community Member
Member # 380

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stevie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please pray for me as I get stressed. its more to do with my make up as i get nervous about things. I hope the lord brings me more peace as i get closer to him. I want to be bolder in his witness and find a church and christian freinds. I love my dear christian internet freinds in christ but need real contact to give me more courage and support. I want to love the lord and put him first in all things and give so much back to him one day. Please pray for these miracles.
Posts: 7 | From: England | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement