Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Please pray for me

Author Topic: Please pray for me
Susan
Advanced Member
Member # 131

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry for your pain in your loss.
I would be worried about you if you were NOT feeling the way you are. You are having normal grieving pattern.It is very necessary for you to heal and accept whats happened. Grieving helps you do this.

Think about this. If God kept everyone alive that was prayed for, nearly no one would die. But God takes most home. It isn't a sad thing for Him as He is taking them home to eternity where there is no longer cancer or any kind of pain, sadness or anything bad.
God does understand that we as humans do find it sad and hurtful. We don't know any better. He put a love in us that is undying for our family.

I ask you to concider Job.
He lost all his children. There were 10 of them!
He never once blamed God. He knew because of his walk with God that his children were in great hands. He missed them terribly but he knew they were completely happy now.
Remember, your mom is not dead. She lives as Jesus lives. She has changed worlds in a sense. She is in her spiritual self with God. One day you will see her again. What a glorious day that will be. Think of it as if you are in military. They sendd you over seas for a few years. You would be away from family. But you know they are home and well cared for. Same thing with those who leave us to be in the presents of God. They are home and well cared for.

Try this. Look up prayerfully and ask God to help you understand where she is now. Ask Him to give you peace about her. He is a loving God and will be there for you. Read Isaiah 41:10.
It's God's promise. Call Him on His promise and trust Him.

It's hard to know what to say to some one. I pray you will receive something good from the posts here from your brothers and sisters who love you.

Please keep coming here and keep us posted on things. We will surely pray in your behalf.

Posts: 141 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joe
Member # 373

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there guest. I'm new to the boards here, but you bring up something dear to my own heart. I too lost my mother to her battle with cancer. This happened just before Christmas of 2000. This Christmas will be my third without my mom. I will say I understand your feelings completely. I prayed and prayed for my Mom..I helped her to get to a level of faith to believe for her own healing, yet God took her home anyway. It was very hard on me and my wife who was very close to her. We had to struggle alot with what we believed and why and to really search for God. I won't lie and say we weathered the storm well..at times we didn't. We walked away from God, came back, dealt with anger towards him, all that you mentioned.

So I can say that I understand where you are coming from. I understand your pain and frustration and anger..and let me say this..so does God. He knows your heart of hearts. The very best thing you can do is to confess your anger to Him. That you don't want to be angry but you are hurting. He understands. He isn't angry at you for being angry at Him. He loves you so very much and he wants to heal your hurt and pain. He wants to wrap you in Daddy's arms. I would just encourage you to do this. Just sit down with God and be honest with Him. He knows anyway. Don't condemn yourself for the real pain of losing your mother. Of course you know it wasn't God's fault, I can see that in your mail..but when we are close to someone as great as God we always wonder "why". Let that question be a way to draw you closer to God and to a deeper place of intimacy. He may never tell you why, but the pursuit to understand God will take you closer to Him.

My wife and I are growing closer to God everyday. I personally still believe in God healing power and that it is His will to heal every disease. Some may say I am diluded since my mom wasn't healed, but that very fact has driven me to learn more about God and his power..as well as his overwhelming love for us. My mom was a Christian..and so I know that no matter what else, she is with Him today..rejoicing with no pain..no cares that overwhelmed her on the earth. I miss her still. Christmas was her favorite time of the year and as it approaches I will miss her a bit more, but I am glad she can share Jesus' birthday with him in heaven now. I still don't understand it all concerning why my Mom was taken home, but I know God is smarter than I am and His reasons are always to our good. It was for her good and my good. I have to trust Him in this or else the enemy would tear me apart. Sometimes is simply comes down to faith in Him and trust.

It may take some time for the pain to go away, but again..use that time to grow closer to God. Don't hide from your own feelings and don't try to hide them from God who see's them anyway. When you are angry, tell God..let Him help you and minister to you through your anger. When you are tired, tell Him. It will help you to deal with your feelings which are real.

I can say this. My heart goes out to you and in the love of Christ I say to be encouraged. Be of good cheer. I am not sure if your Mom was a christian or not, but if she was rejoice that she is in Heaven. I'd like to offer a prayer for you.

Lord I ask that you would bless my brother in his time of pain and hurt. I know the confusion the enemy would bring into his life and I stand in the gap for my brother against the enemy's plans in the mighty name of Jesus. I pray for a clear mind that will seek you in this hard time. I pray that you would draw closer to my brother in this time and take him to a new level of intimacy with you. I believe his heart is for you and I know you will bring all things into the light concerning this and give him peace about all that has happened. I pray this would drive him into your arms like never before. There he will find peace and love overflowing to him..I pray he would take that love and share it with others who are hurting. Turn his pain into a victory for him and for you Lord that through him others might come to know your love for them. In Jesus name. Amen.

God bless you brother in all things.

-Joe

--------------------
In Christ alone will I glory!

Joe

Posts: 5 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guest2002, [Kiss]

I am so sorry about your mother, I will pray for you, for all your concerns...

I am glad that you shared this with us, lots of good brothers and sisters here, please join us anywhere you want to.

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
guest2002
Member # 378

Icon 9 posted      Profile for guest2002     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently my mother passed away after a battle with cancer. I miss her so much. I can't think straight at times and was angry with God and am praying he will forgive me for all my sins. I am truly sorry. I have experienced so many mixed feelings lately such as anger, depression, and anxiety. My family, friends, and my girlfriend have been there for me whenever possible and I will be forever grateful to them. The mornings and nights alone have been unbearable. I have somehow managed to function sufficiently enough to maintain my job. My girlfriend has gone far away to school and we won't see each other in person for a while. Letters and occasional phone calls just arent the same. I am paranoid that her feelings might change after so much time apart. Maybe it is just because I am not in my right mind. We have been through so much together and love each other very much. She helped take away the suicidal feelings I had for a long time and has been like the sister I never had. I pray that everything will work out between us and we ultimately will marry each other someday. I would appreciate prayers and words of encouragement during these difficult times. God bless you all for taking your time out to read my post.
Posts: 5 | From: nj | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement