Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » An Urgent Prayer Request

Author Topic: An Urgent Prayer Request
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Father God we lift this servant of the living God up in our hearts and in our prayers. Dear Father we pray for a miracle touch of healing that all infirmity would flee this body, in the name of Jesus, and that this precious one would be healed and fully restored to Your glory.

Dear Father surround this precious one and his dear family and friends with an outpouring of Your grace and peace, and that You would have the Lordship over this situation, and that Your perfect will be done for all. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Daddy will never be able to walk me down the aisle!

I have walked all three of my daughters down the aisle when they were married, but that's a privilege my dear friend Frank Suttle will never have. I have some very sad news to share with you.

Frank has been a dynamo for God. He is Back to the Bible's director for South Asia and heads up our ministry in India and Nepal. But on Thursday of this last week, tragedy struck.

Dr. Frank Suttle was being driven from Hyderabad, where Back to the Bible's office is located, to Bangalore to attend meetings for Gospel Recordings, another fine ministry in India. Frank is a board member of Gospel Recordings. About 120 miles outside of Bangalore their car hit a large rock in the center of the road. The vehicle flipped over and rolled three times, fracturing Frank's vertebrae 12 and 13. As serious as that is, there is worse news. Frank's spinal cord was severed in the accident and he will never walk again.

Because of the remoteness of the accident, Frank was taken to Bangalore by taxi, accompanied by a staff member from our Greenfields School who was driving the car. He was not injured seriously.

Dave Hansen, our international vice president, has spoken both with Frank and his dear wife Helen by phone. On August 16, surgeons at the hospital in Bangalore will attempt to fuse the lower lumbar vertebrae so that Frank may be able to position himself in an upright sitting position. This is a very delicate surgery and I am asking you to pray specifically for the success of that surgery.

Frank's daughter is with Helen and him, and their son, who recently completed his education and started a job in Australia, is returning to India to be at his father's side. Back to the Bible has a disaster fund and we were able to help bring the family together in this time of tragedy.

You are a special friend and I knew you would want to know about the sadness that has entered our ministry family. The Suttle family is in deep need of your prayers, but so is the ministry they head in South Asia. Back to the Bible International must quickly and decisively deal with the many uncertainties that face the future of our ministry there. The ministry vehicle was totaled in the accident and will need to be replaced immediately. We will have to cover additional expenses in our Indian offices incurred during Frank's hospitalization and uncertain future. There are also questions that will have to be answered with reference to future leadership of the ministry, and that will require additional, unexpected travel for our international team.

At the top of our prayer and priority list is Frank and Helen's need. We have no idea what the financial implications will be for them personally. If the surgery is successful--and we pray that God will be pleased to make it so--it is most difficult to find handicapped-accessible vehicles in India. In fact, it is not common to find anything handicapped-accessible in India. This is a big challenge for us.

My wife, Linda, and I have traveled throughout India with Frank and Helen Suttle. We have used trains, airplanes, cars and buses, traveling day and night to minister to the people of India, sometimes crowds in the thousands. Frank and Helen are wonderful, godly people, and my dear friends. My heart is crushed with this news. I continue to pray for a miracle of God in Frank's behalf. He is a valuable man of God and this is a huge blow to the cause of Christ in India.

Would you join me in prayer? Would you set aside some time as often as you can between now and August 16 and pray specifically for Frank Suttle? Would you pray for unusual skill for these Indian surgeons, so that Frank may at least not have to lie flat on his back the rest of his life? Would you pray for Helen and the children? They need us so much at this time. And would you share this prayer request with your church and ask them to pray?

Let me also ask you to consider prayerfully whether you could do help in a more tangible way. This communication is not to appeal for funds; it is to inform you of a tragic turn of events and solicit your prayers. But maybe you would honor a man of God who is facing an unknown future by helping us with the expenses attendant to this accident and the needs of carrying on the work while we discern God's will for Frank and the leadership team in India. Would you help me help Frank, Helen and the Back to the Bible ministry in India?

Maybe you have not given before or for a long time to Back to the Bible's ministry, but if God is tugging at your heart the way He has been tugging at mine, would you consider a special gift during this uncertain time. We need your help. I promise you that every dollar that comes to me as a result of this request will be used in its entirety to help Frank and Helen Suttle through this difficult time and to aid the ministry in India.

It is impossible for me to put a price tag on the immediate need, so I can't tell you a specific amount. Travel costs will need to be paid for. An office vehicle will need to be replaced. And most importantly we have no idea of the needs that Frank and Helen will face as God helps them adjust to all the unexpected changes in their lives. But I do know one thing. God is pleased when our hearts are bound together with other believers who are in need, and Frank and Helen Suttle are in desperate need right now. Please help them.

You may give on-line or by simply calling us toll-free at 1-800-811-2397. Or, you can mail your gift to:

Back to the Bible
India Crisis
PO BOX 82808
Lincoln, NE 68501

More than anything else, right now we need your prayers. My friend Frank needs your prayers.

As soon as we have more specific information on what God is pleased to be doing in Frank's life, how the surgery goes and what the prognosis is, how we are able to handle the leadership issue in India, etc., etc., please know that I will inform you. I know your heart is with us and I know Frank would want you to know. Thank you so very much and God bless you.

Woodrow Kroll

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement