Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » my sister-in-law(love)

Author Topic: my sister-in-law(love)
Christ for the children
Advanced Member
Member # 159

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Christ for the children     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
58 JOY 85:
I'll cerainly pray for this girl (Katie), this is similar to the teen girl I've asked prayer for. I know it's a tough situation, and prayer is the best thing we can do right now. One possibility, if there is a youth pastor and his wife perhaps they could just be a friend to this girl. Not to try to convince her she's wrong, but to just be a friend and go no further right now. I know this has worked for a couple teen girls at my church. Eventually, this girl may come to trust them and with their help (or because of them) return to a closer walk with the Lord. But, as I said, let's just smother this girl and the family with prayer. God is in control, and we need to first be patient (though hard) and trust Him that He will get the praise and glory as He works His perfect will. I'll be praying for you too, you may be the one God uses to have this girl return to Him. God can do anything, and I know He cares.

Posts: 120 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
john_powell
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

We will certainly keep her and this situation in our prayers.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
58 JOY 85
Community Member
Member # 130

Icon 18 posted      Profile for 58 JOY 85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the person that needs prayer is my brother-in-law's youngest sister(katie,just turned 14).i was recently talking with my sister after she got back for vacation with her husbands family.she said that katie has been and is acting very rebeliuos and completely disrespectful, and andy(bro-in-law)is questioning if she is saved. she told me to pray for her, that she will strengthen her relationship with god before she gets completely out of control.my sister tryed talkinmg to her but she doesn't listen. my sis said she was telling her how she couldn't wait to kiss the guy that she likes, my sis tryed to dicourage her, and told her how much she regreted doing the things she did, but nothing was getting through to her. she sounds very much like my other sister who didn't change her ways till she was a sophmore in college, and she and i don't want to see her go through the same thing.
so please she needs all the prayer she can get, i don't really know what to pray for, except that she needs the love of Jesus in her life.so thanx in advance for your prayers.
[Prayer] rebecca

--------------------
[Smile] thats what i think

Posts: 20 | From: alabama | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement