Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Prayer Request   » Praying for Rain

Author Topic: Praying for Rain
disciple
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We pray for rain too.
God always answers prayer. God loves us.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Debbie
Advanced Member
Member # 32

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Debbie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey ~ I'm in the Tampa area, and as I write this it is storming outside, as it has this time of day for awhile. Oh, how I wish I could send some rain out west. I have been praying for the well known fires, but now that I know about SD (beautiful part of the country!), I'll pray for ya'll too. Didn't Pat Robertson's folks pray away a hurricane outside Virgina?
Posts: 23 | From: Tampa Bay Area | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
john_powell
unregistered

Glad to meet a fellow Floridian [Smile] I have relatives in Tampa - small world.

Don't have to worry about hurricanes any more, but would like to see one right now to put out this wildfire!

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember the story of that hurricane! (of course I am too young to actually know of that hurricane first hand [boohoo.gif] , but I remember the talk of it)I am from Florida too. Originally from Tampa. [cool hat] Good hears and answers prayer!
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
john_powell
unregistered

Hello barrykind - glad your family is safe and doing well.

That is an amazing story Linda. God is good and faithful! Reminds me of when I was a child and we lived in Pensacola, Florida back in the 1960s. A powerful hurricane was headed straight for Pensacola. Well God's people began to pray, and it was like a glass wall was erected on the coast. The hurricane came up to the coastline but came no further. It sat out in the gulf spinning, and then slowly broke up and fizzled out. Amazing!

barrykind
Advanced Member
Member # 35

Icon 18 posted      Profile for barrykind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Linda we will stand with you in prayer asking God for rain.

WE will pray, for God is still in control..
Thanks
Barry

PS Show Low was spared real tradgedy, our family has moved a little south on the mountain and are OK..Thanks to God and Prayer.

amen

--------------------
The HEART of the issue is truly the issue of the HEART!
John 3:3;Mark 8:34-38;James 1:27

Posts: 3529 | From: Orange, Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know the fires south of us are much worse and each year living in a forested area, fires are just part of the landscape, but two years ago, God built a wall around our property and though were evacuated for a week and without power for two, only one house was lost in a 7000 acre fire which came to our property line and yet not a single tree was lost on our land. I believe this was because of our church in prayer, and the churches of our family across the nation. It looked like God erected a wall around us. And the fire burned on 3 sides of our property. THE POWER OF PRAYER! PRAISE GOD!!!

So today, a little town in our Black Hills of South Dakota is evacuated and some 10,000 are out of their homes tonight because of fire that surrounds the town.

The fire is small in comparison to what s going on South of us in Colorado, Nevada, and Arizona, but if you have ever lived through this you will understand the power of prayer, so join me please and pray for rain, pray for the firefighters who guard homes through the night, please join me in asking God to place a wall around the homes of these people as he did for us.

Thank you,
Linda

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement