Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Scripture idolized

Author Topic: Scripture idolized
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by walkbyfaith:
You sure like to throw insults is that something God has taught you. So far I'm silly and a liar. Anything else you'd like to add OH WISE ONE. you sure you don't run this forum because you sure wont let anyone start a forum chat that doesn't agree with your beliefs.

Galatians 6
1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself.
4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5 For every man shall bear his own burden.
6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things.
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 16 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Philippians 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. [Prayer]

It is to the Head of the Body of Christ we stand or fall.

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

1 Corinthians 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkbyfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 10538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkbyfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We can learn from others mistakes in the body of believers and by talking about verses that have been used to hurt unity we can focus on not doing the same. Christians are not perfect we can learn from each other if we try. Also in accepting we've made mistakes others see that they too can be loved by a merciful God. It's when we judge everything and act perfect that we do not appear to be open to all.
Posts: 80 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkbyfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 10538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkbyfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You sure like to throw insults is that something God has taught you. So far I'm silly and a liar. Anything else you'd like to add OH WISE ONE. you sure you don't run this forum because you sure wont let anyone start a forum chat that doesn't agree with your beliefs.
Posts: 80 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 6 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Im 35 be 36 in a little over a month. I was 18 when i went to jail so count it out. Very close to 20 years ago. lol If your a trouble maker i'll just avoid you and ignore your comments. Just because i believe in peace does not mean i don't fight for truth. I just don't fight with my fists, but neither would i be afraid of you. Fear not what they can do to the body but rather what can be done to your soul.

Really, stop your sillyness. You Lied it was not 20 years ago as you 1st stated and 18 is not a child by law.

[Kiss]

--------------------
That is all.....

walkbyfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 10538

Im 35 be 36 in a little over a month. I was 18 when i went to jail so count it out. Very close to 20 years ago. lol If your a trouble maker i'll just avoid you and ignore your comments. Just because i believe in peace does not mean i don't fight for truth. I just don't fight with my fists, but neither would i be afraid of you. Fear not what they can do to the body but rather what can be done to your soul.
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
your far from loving and i never went to prison. When i was a child 20 years ago i went to jail and sir you don't know the consequences. I hope all people in here aren't like you. Your a bully and i have been saved 20 years now you should know better than to judge the past. As for milk or meat the greats have gave their lives and not taken them. Your a problem in here I've read many of your responses to people you ought to take a look into whom your serving. For God is a blessing, kind, and caring which seems to be missing in you.

Hum?

20 years ago children didnt go to jail?

They went to Juvy. I did a few days in the detention so you best be-careful of your talk here.

I also learned how to CHALLENGE from my Military days.

Your words...
http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=21;t=000307

Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

walkbyfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 10538

your far from loving and i never went to prison. When i was a child 20 years ago i went to jail and sir you don't know the consequences. I hope all people in here aren't like you. Your a bully and i have been saved 20 years now you should know better than to judge the past. As for milk or meat the greats have gave their lives and not taken them. Your a problem in here I've read many of your responses to people you ought to take a look into whom your serving. For God is a blessing, kind, and caring which seems to be missing in you.
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Was that a cut wild Bill you ought to know people have differences and Jesus was much different than the world. I would be glad to debate the issue because I'm not a beginner at following the Lord.

That isnt what your talk of your walk into prison leads one to believe?

Hebrews 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.
14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil
1 Peter 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Love you brother.

[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

walkbyfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 10538

Was that a cut wild Bill you ought to know people have differences and Jesus was much different than the world. I would be glad to debate the issue because I'm not a beginner at following the Lord.
WildB
Member # 2917

quote:
Add some of your own verses taken out of the Bible that have caused dissension. without all of the Bible being looked at

Remembering God will have mercy rather than sacrifice.

Is this not what you have done with your very own post "war or peace "?
[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

It is clear to all what the Bible says when enlightened by the Spirit;)

Ephesians 4
1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.
7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.
[cool_shades]

--------------------
That is all.....

walkbyfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 10538

Icon 16 posted      Profile for walkbyfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Add some of your own verses taken out of the Bible that have caused dissension. without all of the Bible being looked at

Remembering God will have mercy rather than sacrifice.

walkbyfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 10538

Icon 16 posted      Profile for walkbyfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The truth sees beyond the appearance it searches deep and looks at the whole picture. Yet often as Christians we favor a verse or a writer to the harm of the unity of believers. Taken out of context and without understanding of all scripture the Bible can turn malicious. All you have to do is look at things that have been done in God's name, and people who have split over the tiniest differences to see this problem.

Here are some verses that taken out of context or blown out of proportion can cause dissension rather than love and peace in the body of Christ.

-faith without works is dead{James 2:20}
-and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with tongues as of fire, as the Spirit gave them utterance{Acts 2:4}

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement