Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Prayer   » Praise Reports &Testimonies   » God is love

Author Topic: God is love
walkbyfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 10538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for walkbyfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I praise God for being the Father heroes are made of. His commitment beyond our wildest imaginations. To offer your only Son as a sacrifice for sinners.A perfect Son dying for backsliders and hypocrites. Redeeming our wicked hearts through his love. Yet we falter he catches us, we wander he keeps calling, and we walk away as prodigals he waits with the light on. Thank you Father for your love
His love holds us in palms of grace
Smiling we feel the light from his face
His love listens my needs to erase
Removing my doubts leaving no trace

His love wraps us in blankets of prayer
Powerful words we trust with no fear
His love so touching I can help but share
Dropping each burden like it was a tear

His love a promise no light can outshine
Directing my path along that straight line
His love responds your doing just fine
I still can't believe this love is mine

Love that reaches the shadows I hide
Breaching the walls that I never tried
Love that builds the brokenness inside
Lifting my heart as a returning bride

Love that protects, my Fortress
Love that shelters, my Refuge
Love that stands, my Rock
Love that saves, my Savior

Posts: 80 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
walkbyfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 10538

Icon 16 posted      Profile for walkbyfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to share my testimony with all who would care to hear of God's great mercy. I had been tricked and abandoned in many ways and had given up on the world. I still believed in God but didn't think he cared. I was homeless and ended up in jail. So God was far from being close to my heart.Who was I in the eyes of a great God.
Now sitting in jail i had time to think. Ironically the jail was on lock down for three days.I had nothing to do but look back at my life. I didn't like what I saw. Felt like ending it all. For what purpose had I in any of it.
Then I heard my name," Jeremiah." I yelled into the intercom, "Yea what do you want?" Again,"Jeremiah," and I wondered why they were calling me. I said,"What do you want." The third time it was like a whisper but louder than the rest. Like it spoke to my very heart. I said,"Jesus is that you," and I started praying for forgiveness. Then I looked down at a track in my hands and the words changed and they said, "Jeremiah I love you."
I broke down and cried i couldn't believe God could love me still. He brought me as low as I could be to show me how great his love was and how far his arms stretched. If God can save a sinner like me and cares for the forsaken. Whom can God not love? We never have to doubt God's love it endures forever. Right when we think it can go any farther he opens our eyes to his amazing grace.

Posts: 80 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement