Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » What did Ruth Graham say?

Author Topic: What did Ruth Graham say?
DawnZLight
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blessings to all the faithful remnant of Jesus of Nazareth, may God keep that which He has entrusted to us, Amen. I am new here and just wanted to express what came to my spirit when I read this post. Let God be true and every man a liar, for only God converts the soul of a man and only Jesus' Blood washes the man clean of sins and only the Holy Ghost of God "Witnesses" unto the soul's salvation. No man can say what God is doing in a soul or in a man's heart, but Jesus taught us that we "shall know them by their fruits", for a good tree cannot produce evil fruit and vice-versa.

Peace.

Acts 2:17-21-17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18and on my servants and on my handmaidens
I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: 19and I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke: 20the sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

21and it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Salvation is of the Lord. The Holy Ghost is the Witness. "And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one."

Luke 3:16-17-16John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire: 17whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It's getting boring, isn't it Betty? The same words over and over, trolling for a fight."

DFTT

So true!!!!
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's getting boring, isn't it Betty? The same words over and over, trolling for a fight.

DFTT

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ezekiel 13:20

You are a trouble maker, intending on spreading the lie that pre rapture is not true on every post.
We need an ignore button on this board so I don't have to see your post. You do not post nothing but false Gospel. You turn every post into a post trib rapture.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unregistered

The biggest deception ever taught is the,bail out,troop withdrawal,wings instead of Gospel Armour pre-trib rapture doctrine.
Made popular by false teachers since 1830!

Christ shall return exactly as He said He would.
Read God's Word not men's fairytales!

Dave B.
Advanced Member
Member # 6710

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave B.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are having a blessed day.

I do not know Ruth Graham's view on the rapture. Nor do I know Billy's or Franklin's. I have listened to them preach the gospel, and it is a disturbing gospel indeed.

The Graham gospel teaches, that Jesus Christ died for every human being who ever lived. A sinner cannot be saved until, as a sinner, they "accept" Jesus into their heart. After they do this, then, and only then, does God regenerate them.

This gospel is false. Coming forward and "accepting Jesus as my personal savior" is not causative of salvation, according to the Bible. It might, in some cases be "responsive' to salvation. However, in no case does the Bible give "Accepting Christ" as evidence of salvation. And yet, that is exactly what most evangelical churches do.

The biblical evidence of salvation is a converted life. If their is no fruit, there is no salvation, no matter how many times a person sincerely "performs the act of acceptance".

Let us examine ourselves and, if we find we are not saved, let us flee to Christ, who is the only way to be reconciled to God.

Thanks!

Dave B.

Posts: 28 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Hale
unregistered

All mentions of the beast and the tribulation and the great tribulation are broken down into:

1260 days (3.5 years)
42 months (3.5 years)
time, times, and half a time (3.5 years)

You'd think we'd catch on...

John Hale
unregistered

-

The two 3.5 year tribulations of the 70th week of Daniel are just under the top grid. THe rapture will take place PRE-great tribulation (the last half of the 70th Week of Daniel) MID-70th Week of Daniel POST-believer's tribulation (first half of the 70th Week of Daniel)

So all three camps are correct and the scripture they quote is not contradictory... people simple misunderstood the 70th Week of Daniel to be one seven year tribulation when it is two 3.5 year tribulations (the first is the devil and man against Christians, the second is the wrath of God against the devil and man).

John Hale
unregistered

If we take the situational actions of Jesus Christ and put it to the test of the would be smart alecks who declare a person is not saved and never were...

they'd echo what the Sadducees and the Pharisees said about Jesus... "he's eating and drinking with sinners."

I suggest we all be very careful.

Dr. Billy Graham may have made what appears to be compromises of the Gospel or he may well have grown soft in his old age on the subject now that he has experienced the loss of loved ones etc.

He may have been going for mass appeal since 1954. He may have decided he could reach more not harping on what the Lord Jesus said only once. Even though it is in fact true there is no other way to the Father but by him. If we alienate people with our obnoxious pronunciation of this fact (my God's bigger than your god... yah yah yah yah yah yah)does this really and truly and actually serve the Lord Jesus who sent us to win that soul rather than alienate them?

I mean... do not compromise the truth. And maybe Billy has... but that's between God and him and not you and me and the rest of the members here to besmirch anyone.

We have enough problems to deal with in a satanically humanized church structure that beleaguers an elite clergy class, produces lazy laity and passing the buck of their (our) own personal duties and ministry off to the "professional" Christians... while every one of us was intended under this new covenant (New Testament) to be priests in this kingdom of heaven.

John Hale
unregistered

Billy Graham is a man. Just a man. The Bible gives us example after example of just (only) men and women and the difference God can make through them in this dark world.

My brother came to faith in a Mike Warnke visit. Warnke has since been proven a fraud. My brother is as strong a believer as anyone here. Is Mike Warnke saved? That's between God and him. Did he mess up? Immensely. Do we mess up?

How many here who pronounce judgment on Billy Graham and Mike Warnke and Catholics and Baptists and pre-millenialists and Calvinists and on and on and on and on... are willing to take the bravery test of confessing here and now all the stupid asinine non-Christian thoughts we've had? How about things we said? How about sin we went on ahead and did deliberately?

Not too willing are we?

We know there will be some smart aleck claiming we aren't saved and never were.

I wonder just how willing we'd be to make such comments if we realized we were making it tougher on our own salvation by doing so...

Remember King David... "You are the man!"

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

First of all just claiming to be a Christian is not enough. You have to be saved. Second there is a special crown for those who are looking with hope for Jesus' return.
betty

--------------------

Lineman
unregistered

If people claim to be Christian, what does it matter about the 'rapture?' There is nothing to worry about.
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

He doesn't even leave his house anymore. He is in very bad health. I have listened to Franklin Graham preach and he does say,Jesus is the only way to heaven.
betty

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 9 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
I do not know what Billy Graham says about Pre-trib Rapture but I do know he preaches that Yahshua is not the only way to be saved!

This is a fact. I don't think he should be preaching any more.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you for abbreviation update Carol

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

thanks Carol. I had not noticed Because He Lives, post. Sadly too many preachers are more PC then Bible correct. Look at how many preachers got there people to vote for Obama. [crying]
betty

--------------------

Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Politically Correct
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 17 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what does
quote:
PC
stand for?

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I have no idea if he is saved or not, but I will say this: When you start to compromise your faith, you open yourself up for lots of trouble. Many a person has gotten into much trouble because they open to the door to compromise in order to be PC.
betty

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know for sure he taught it in 1971....

I know for sure he was warn in 1954 by John R. Rice to stop the direction he was going....John R. Rice was on his board of directors...John R. Rice resigned from his board of director because of all the compromises Billy Graham was in that far back.....

so either Billy Graham has never been saved or you can lose your salvation.

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I hope Billy Graham is suffering senility, because this is not the message he taught in the beginning. His son still teaches preaches that Jesus is the only way.
betty

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

I do not know what Billy Graham says about Pre-trib Rapture but I do know he preaches that Yahshua is not the only way to be saved!

--------------------

Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

I am more interested in what Billy Graham has to say. I know for a fact that Southern Baptist preach a pre trib rapture. Just because she was married to Billy Graham does not mean they held the same belief. After all Laura Bush has written a book saying she is for abortion and gay marriage, big difference from her husband.

betty

--------------------

unregistered

I googled Ruth B. Graham and the Pre-trib Rapture. Very interesting what she had to say.
Every Christian should read read it.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement