Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Help me understand the draw...

Author Topic: Help me understand the draw...
byfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 8061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for byfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your reply/input John Hale [Smile]

All I know is I was disturbed in the Spirit listening to just a little bit of the banter on that program.

I felt like I needed a Spirit cleansing when I got out of there.

Posts: 160 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Hale
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not so much concerned my rantings will come across as intense... for they are intensely felt...

but what good is it to get hammered by the powers that be for announcing to the world the barn door is open after the cows already got out and are long gone?

Suffice it to say... conservatism and liberalism are two extremes of humanism (humanistic thinking). And while we bog ourselves down in debates as to which is right / more Godly... it rarely occurs that neither are.

God's ways and thinking are not our ways or thinking.

Contrast:

Matthew 16:17
17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

with:

Matthew 16:23
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

and key in on the juxtaposition between the ways (or thinking or reasoning processes) of God versus that of man... the latter of which is from the devil which is why Jesus called Peter Satan.

John 8:39-45
39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Hale
unregistered

edit
John Hale
unregistered

edit
John Hale
unregistered

edit
John Hale
unregistered

edit
Brother Paul
Advanced Member
Member # 7959

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brother Paul   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I am neither a liberal or a conservative but rather a Christian I am equally appalled. This guy is not actually what a conservative is...William F. Buckley Jr. was a real conservstive...Barry Glodwater was a real conservative...Rush Limbaugh as well as Pat Buchanan are wanna'be's and ex-racists (if there really is such a thing) who know a money maker when they see it. Albeit, having said that Hilary and Joe Biden are not real Liberals believing in Global Leadership and silencing the opposition through shifty legislations. Beware of the extremes in both these "parties" they all exploit unaware Christians for the vote...say anything but give them arpage'. Sorry! A second rate substitute with a backdoor hook...

Rush likes the rush...I rush to turn him off...

Paul

Posts: 235 | From: Cambridge, MA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
byfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 8061

Icon 19 posted      Profile for byfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How can a believer listen to Rush Limbough?

I had not listened to him before, but was forced to while at my mother-in-law's home the other day.

I felt so drained from listening to him rant...

I just don't see how a believer finds this intellectual listening.

I am not trying to offend anyone who may like him, I am really trying to understand?

My mother-in-law worships this man! I came to understand that many conservative Christians love him? really??
why?

Nothing edifying there at all.

Posts: 160 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement