Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » What is wrong with this brothers post?

Author Topic: What is wrong with this brothers post?
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right. The poster who said that "Jesus + any other religion is OK" is extremely confused about who God is and what God thinks is good and acceptable.
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The poster who said that Jesus+any other religion is ok.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 17 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Said what?
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MentorsRiddle
Advanced Member
Member # 2108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MentorsRiddle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who ever said that is extremley confused about who God is and what God thinks is good and acceptable.

--------------------
With you I rise,
In you I sleep,
kneeling down I kiss your feet,
Grace abounds upon me now,
I once was lost
but now I'm found.
The gift of God dwells within,
To this love I now give in.

Posts: 1337 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christian Witchcraft and Idolatry

The majority of professing Christians are committing idolatry and witchcraft. They themselves are their own idols. They serve themselves instead of Jesus Christ. They serve God according to their own preference, when and how they choose. They are rebellious against Jesus and refuse to obey Him, that is witchcraft.

They have taken the road of Saul, King of Israel. He was chosen by God but chose to follow his own mind and disobey when God gave him an assignment. It grieved God that He had made Saul king and He sent Samuel to Saul with this message:

“FOR REBELLION IS AS THE SIN OF DIVINATION,
AND INSUBORDINATION IS AS INIQUITY AND IDOLATRY.

Because you have rejected the word of the LORD,
He has also rejected you from being king.” 1 Samuel 15:23,24.

Saul was rejected by God and committed suicide when he was surrounded by his enemies. He died like a fool, without hope. He was once God’s anointed but he chose to disobey and rebel against God.

Saul added to his sin by building a monument for himself (v12) Most Christians are doing the same. They seek their own glory, not the glory of God. They worship Him at their own time in their own way at the church of their own choice. Their church also has a doctrine of it’s own choice. They are practicing witchcraft and idolatry.

The doctrines of their church are the commandments of men, their own rules and regulations. Jesus said:

‘THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS,
BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR AWAY FROM ME. ‘BUT IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME,

TEACHING AS DOCTRINES THE PRECEPTS OF MEN.’ Matthew 15:8,9.

Many Christians glorify the words of the apostles and reject the words of Jesus. They build doctrines around the words of Paul but refuse to obey Jesus Christ. Jesus is Lord, He is the final judge of all men. The words that Jesus spoke will judge all men in the last day (John 12:48). Those Christians are practicing witchcraft. It is in vain that they worship Jesus while they are teaching as doctrines the precepts of men, even the apostles.

Woe to them who have rejected their Savior, became rebellious and idolize themselves. They have chosen their own ruin, eternally separated from the face of God.

And someone said to Him, “Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?” And He said to them, “Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. Luke 13:23.

by Jan Boshoff

http://bosjanbaltimore.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!B0BEEBE97EDC6535!971.entry

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

(Ephesians 2:8-10 NKJV)

We are saved so we can do what He created us to do; so we can walk in obedience to Him.

Robert E. Barger
Advanced Member
Member # 7998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert E. Barger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its not weather your good or not, its weather you measure up to the goodness of Jesus who died for you. No man comes to the Father except "through" Jesus Christ.

--------------------
Romans|11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all
things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Posts: 38 | From: Trafalgar, Indiana U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
byfaith
Advanced Member
Member # 8061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for byfaith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
posted by Carol:
Despite biblical admonitions for holiness, the vast majority of those who claim Christianity as their faith have little or no concept of what it means.

This is so true, and I have in my own life had to stop and take a look at my actions, thoughts..etc.

I worry though that so many never spot this as an issue with their walk.

I was raised in an independent Baptist church, very strictly ruled by outward duties with little to no spiritual growth teachings.

I still have family there, and they are blind to the anything and everyone "outside the church's brick and mortar"

We (my family and I) are seen as backsliders...because we do not attend church (the brick and mortar type) especially THEIR church in particular.

Posts: 160 | From: USA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TB125:
It will help when you are quoting someone in your post to cite the author of the quotation, particularly before you include the quotation. That will make it clear that the statement is not yours and clearly indicate whom you are quoting. It would even help to give a link back to the original statement. I'm sorry for my confusion regarding your post WildB. OK.

The Title made it clear enough. The source can be found here http://www.tednugent.com/forums/ShowThread.aspx?PageIndex=3&PostID=981091#981091

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will help when you are quoting someone in your post to cite the author of the quotation, particularly before you include the quotation. That will make it clear that the statement is not yours and clearly indicate whom you are quoting. It would even help to give a link back to the original statement. I'm sorry for my confusion regarding your post WildB. OK.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 18 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I think this brothers math is a little skewered and not Biblical at all.

If I were to put it into a math formula it would most likely be,

Jesus + Biblical Faith = Salvation. For we must remember even the devils also believe, and tremble.

WildB [thumbsup2]

Despite biblical admonitions for holiness, the vast majority of those who claim Christianity as their faith have little or no concept of what it means. A survey conducted last year (2006) by the Barna Research Group found the idea of holiness baffling to most church-attending Americans. It concluded that most adults remain confused, if not daunted, by the concept.

“When pressed to describe what it means to be holy, adults gave a wide range of answers. The most common reply was ‘I don’t know,’ offered by one out of every five adults (21%). Other responses fell into categories such as ‘being Christ-like’ (19%), making faith your top priority in life (18%), living a pure or sinless lifestyle (12%), and having a good attitude about people and life (10%). Other response categories included focusing completely on God (9%), being guided by the Holy Spirit (9%), being born again (8%), reflecting the character of God (7%), exhibiting a moral lifestyle (5%), and accepting and practicing biblical truth (5%)” (www.barna.org).

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carol Swenson:
TB125

The name of this topic is

"What is wrong with this brothers post?"

I don't think these are WildB's statements, but he's quoting from someone else under the False Teaching board to expose error.

Thaxs Carol for pointing that out for those that don't really read a post but just glance thru it and hap hazardously spew out a response.

First off,

I think this brothers math is a little skewered and not Biblical at all.

If I were to put it into a math formula it would most likely be,

Jesus + Biblical Faith = Salvation. For we must remember even the devils also believe, and tremble.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TB125

The name of this topic is

"What is wrong with this brothers post?"

I don't think these are WildB's statements, but he's quoting from someone else under the False Teaching board to expose error.

TB125
Advanced Member
Member # 2450

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TB125   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WildB,
How can you post such statements:
quote:
Jesus + Buddism = eternal life.

Jesus + Wicca = eternal life

In fact Jesus plus anything equals eternal life.

?

I thought that you were more orthodox in your beliefs than to be confused by such heresies. Jesus is too righteous to allow himself to be polluted by such man-made ideologies as Buddhism and Wicca. Repentance and faith are the only things that can bring eternal life when they are added to Jesus, and in fact they are not added to him, but they are a part of him through the Spirit. I think that you need to refine your beliefs about Jesus. You've been around this forum too long to be making such a post.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 449 | From: Rockford Illinois | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
“But as He who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, ‘Be holy, for I am holy’” (1 Peter 1:15-16).
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 17 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jesus said.....those who are not with me are against me....

I think buddism and wicca among many other religions/philosophys are very intriguing. The human mind is fascinated by anything that has to do with spiritual things and the whole idea of figuring out who God is.

From a Christian perspective, this is how it is.

Jesus + Buddism = eternal life.

Jesus + Wicca = eternal life

In fact Jesus plus anything equals eternal life.

On the other hand, any religion void of Jesus equals death.

I believe full blown homo sexual heroin addicts who have Jesus are saved...despite their actions.

Christianity teaches those who are good without Jesus go to hell for eternity. I don't agree with that. Im not sure how God is going to do it but to send trillions of people to hell to burn in a lake of fire for all eternity is unjust and evil...we know God is good ..... this teaching of Christianity contradicts the nature of God, therefore the "churchs" interpretation of scripture or the possibility of them changing it to manipulate men as has been their agenda for thousands of years would not surprise me. God is love.....any questions ?

--------------------
That is all.....

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement