Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Holy Ghost verse Holy Spirit!

Author Topic: Holy Ghost verse Holy Spirit!
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Betty [hug]
Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right On Carol

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi becauseHElives

Well, I worship one God. God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit are ONE.

quote:
the Third Person of the Trinity, coequal and consubstantial with the Father and the Son
Consubstantial means of one and the same substance, essence, or nature.

"Baptizing them in the NAME of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost." Matthew 28:19

(Name, not Names)

Posts: 6787 | From: Colorado | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carol I agree with everything except coequal ...

anything with 3 heads is a freak.

1 Corinthians 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol Swenson
Admin
Member # 6929

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Carol Swenson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robert, I sure do hope you like debates [hug]

It is only the King James Version of the Bible which uses the term “Holy Ghost.” It occurs 90 times in the KJV. The term “Holy Spirit” occurs 7 times in the KJV. There is no clear reason as to why the KJV translators used Ghost in most places and then Spirit in a few. The exact same Greek and Hebrew words are translated "ghost" and "spirit" in the KJV in different occurrences of the words.

The real issue is that both "Holy Ghost" and "Holy Spirit" refer to the Third Person of the Trinity, coequal and consubstantial with the Father and the Son (Matthew 28:19; Acts 5:3,4; 28:25,26; 1 Corinthians 12:4-6). He is the gift of the Father to His people on earth to initiate and complete the building of the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:13). He is also the agency by which the world is convicted of sin, the Lord Jesus is glorified, and believers are transformed into His image (John 16:7-9; Acts 1:5, 2:4; Romans 8:29; 2 Corinthians 3:18; Ephesians 2:22). Whichever term we use, we remember that this Holy Ghost is God's active breath, blowing where He wishes, creating faith through the Word.

http://www.gotquestions.org/Holy-Spirit-Ghost.html

Robert E. Barger
Advanced Member
Member # 7998

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robert E. Barger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Authorized King James Bible uses the title of the third part of the God head as the Holy Ghost which is correct. The new translations have changed the word Holy Ghost to Holy Spirit. This is wrong and adds confusion to what Jesus taught. The Holy Ghost is the "Comforter" that Jesus said would come after he returned to Heaven, but it is not the Spirit of God the Father.
In the book of 1 John3;8 it tells us that he that is "born of God" doeth not sin, therefore to have the Spirit of God, you cannot sin. Also in John 17: Jesus tells us:
might be sanctified through the truth.
John|17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
John|17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me,and I in thee, "that they also may be one in us": that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
John|17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:
John|17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast
loved them, as thou hast loved me.

--------------------
Romans|11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all
things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Posts: 38 | From: Trafalgar, Indiana U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement