Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Is God humble, or Muslim?

Author Topic: Is God humble, or Muslim?
bluefrog
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THEO...The book of the prophet Mahammad is spelled both ways. Me thinks.

I don't remember the name of it but there is a book that helps to compare the bible and the Koran. I haven't read the Koran through either but don't care to. What little I saw was enough for me. Maybe if you wait a couple of years you will be given a copy for free and made to read it.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God does not want people to submit under the threat of a sword. Of such HE is not interested. The reason HE gave the sermon on the mount is because Jesus wanted to illustrate that it is the poor and broken of the world whom HE wants. It is these who will believe in Him and surrender to His will, and appreciate Him the most. But the person who thinks that a brick up against the head of an infidel is what will please Him, no! That sickens Him. That is the very tyranny that HE came to save the broken from.

Love mends. Love binds together. It is however, such that those who find His love will experience such contempt from those who think that they please Him with such abhorrent acts which terrorize.

But these are safe in His arms in the long run. "Fear not," said HE, "those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do, but fear Him who after HE hath killed, hath power to cast into hell." (Luke 12:5)

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Betty Louise
Advanced Member
Member # 7175

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Betty Louise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But remember Solomon lost his faith because of the influence of his wives and their foreign "gods".
Too often Christians become confused and lose their way when wondering into false religions, so be careful.

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Posts: 5051 | From: Houston, Texas | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right arm theo. I fault no man for exploring the truth. In fact, the book of Ecclasticies is about that very thing. That is what Soloman did. His conclusions are interesting. In fact, I think they are recorded not only there, but in proverbs. God bless you on your journey.

As for me an my house, we will serve the Lord.

Oh! I have seen it spelled Koran somewhere. The good thing about the Christians who read this is that they will forgive me if I spelled it wrong. [thumbsup2]

Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theo Philite
Advanced Member
Member # 7480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Theo Philite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it is about time I took some time to read the Koran (I always thought it was spelled Quaran!). Then I will decide whether or not I agree that it teaches to hate.

--------------------
"Even on a cloudy day I will be your friend"

Posts: 28 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can say that again. It is ashame that people wether they are Christians, Jews, Muslims etc... murder in the name of God. The Koran teaches to hate, the Holy Christian Bible teaches to love and forgive. We do not worship the same god.
Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Is God able to humble Himself? That question came up in another post. Well, according to scripture, that is ‘who’ He is. That is the person of His being. The next verse illustrates this by describing what love is, and it continues by saying, in essence, that he humbled Himself to be the propitiation for our sins to complete the meaning of what love is. Had He not hung on the Cross, His only recourse besides humbling Himself would have been to trash us. In order to save us, the only way was for Him to humble Himself.

[Cross] 1Jn 4:10 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Here are other examples that illustrate ‘who’ HE is! It is so illustrated by ‘what HE does’, or does not do.

[Cross] Heb 5:5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.
[Cross] Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
[Cross] Joh 13:4 He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself.
[Cross] Joh 13:5 After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.

[Cross] Joh 13:8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.

And this is prophetic concerning the Spirit of God. Peter answered and said:

[Cross] Joh 13:9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
…In other words, all over.

By contrast, the god of the muslims is not humble, but rather is a tyrant, a hate monger and a murderer.

Our God is not this way, for HE is not out for conquest in order to implement His will. He rather desires for those who are ‘willing’, to submit to Him, by the humbling of one’s self. For of such is the sweetness which HE savors, the essence of Heaven, which our God is like unto. Repentance is a good thing. It is rewarded with the wholesomeness, and the integrity of our God which maketh life to be cherished, not feared. Serve Him who calls us by His name. Amen!

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement