Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » A Course In Miracles

Author Topic: A Course In Miracles
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am able to receive that about the spirit of Babylon pervading the culture, and the world system. It is true. I think however that when America turns on the prophets that it will realize its demise in a physical sense. Nations rise. Nations fall. It is hard to comprehend that people think what they know is how it is, and that this will just go on and on as if we are all secure. The citizens of Pompeii thought so even while living under the shadow of Vesuvius. Evidently they were so used to volcanic tremors that they didn’t realize what could really happen, and took what they had for granted. Now doubt they thought that there was no end in sight.
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CHEWY:
His take is that this Babylon won't necessarily be a city but a spirit in all cities.

I agree with him:

quote:
"And in her was found the blood of prophets and saints, and of all who were slain on the earth."
Babylon, the city, did not exist when the first religious murder (Abel by Cain's hand) took place yet the blood of that murder is counted against her.

quote:
Mat 23:34-35 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar.
Here Jesus counts the righteous blood against the Pharisees even Abel's blood yet no pharisee existed at the time Abel walked the earth.

Indeed, Babylon is a way of life, a spirit, that has been in the earth from the beginning.

Aaron

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CHEWY
Advanced Member
Member # 6970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHEWY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David Hocking [whom I really don't have much knowledge of] has a series of C.D.'s about the Babylon in revelation. His take is that this Babylon won't necessarily be a city but a spirit in all cities. This spirit within the people will be a very self-centered philosophy. As we have already discussed, it appears that he has some legitamacy in his interpretation. The New Age teachings of Oprah & company are very much a self-centered teaching which basically allows each individual to make God into whatever you want him to be. I find it quite scary to think about all of the immature Christians out there who are not willing to study and grow near to Christ so that they can develop that "Discernment" which comes only through the relationship with Christ. His sheep hear and know His voice. We had better be able to distinguish whose voice we are listening too.

The book of Revelation has so much depth to it. Hocking may be right. There are so many people out there on this "Left Behind" roller coaster. Even on this blog we have people debating whether Christians will know when Christ will return. The Scripture tells us that know man knows the day or hour. So I don't believe anyone does. However the Scriptures do give us enough information to know when the day is drawing near. I agree with you even though we may both be wrong - The day has to be near the way I see it.

Posts: 86 | From: Kingsport Tn. | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Harrison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, i am afraid that it is almost over. Howerver, in Revelations we read that the wicked will become more wicked and the righteous more righteous. I don't look for America to repent. I see the God fearing, repenting!
Posts: 3273 | From: Charlotte N.C. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CHEWY
Advanced Member
Member # 6970

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHEWY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOU ARE RIGHT. MANY OF THE IVY LEAGUE COLLEGES HAD THEIR ORIGINS AND SUCCESSES IN THEIR SEMINARIES. TODAY THESE BRANCHES OF THESE UNIVERSITIES SCARCELY EVEN RESEMBLE SEMINARIES OUTSIDE THEIR CATHEDRAL LIKE FACILITIES. THEY HAVE BECOME VERY SOFT IN DOCTRINE AND LIBERALIZED IN THEIR TEACHING, BUT THEY ARE FAR FROM THE ONLY ONES WHO ARE DOING THIS. LOOK AT OUR OWN DENOMINATIONS HERE IN THE STATES. WE HAVE ALL BEEN IMPACTED BY A SOCIETY THAT HAS NUMBED US TO ALL FACETS OF SEXUALITY, GREED, AND SELF CENTERED THINKING IN GENERAL. ON TV MOST SHOWS HAVE THEIR "TOKEN" HOMOSEXUAL. ADULTEROUS AFFAIRS ARE THE EXCITING PARTS OF MANY SERIES.
VIOLENCE HAS BECOME SO COMMON PLACE ON THE SCREEN, THAT MOST PRESCHOOLERS AREN'T SHOCKED BY MURDER OR ABUSE. SORRY, I ALMOST STARTED PREACHING....

CHEWY

Posts: 86 | From: Kingsport Tn. | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Well, you know..... I think i associated him with Fountain of Life, which was mentioned in the original post. Something didn't add up and i was trying to sort it out. But anyway, cool!

There is an interesting History on the churches of Oxford, Cambridge, and Yale in that they had very religious origins, compared to their current orientation. I heard it from radio sermons. Don't remember the facts, but enjoyed the realization of this.

CHEWY
Advanced Member
Member # 6970

He was drawn to Oxford initially because he is a big fan of C.S.Lewis. Later God has revealed to us that he was drawn to Oxford to evangelize. On two different occasions since his graduation, he has served on the Oxford Round Table which is an elite group of world leaders [United Nations chaplains, NAACP presidents, "Hindu gurus" {lol}, etc.,] which discuss events and conditions of life world wide from social, political, and religious perspectives. On both occasions he has presented the Gospel of Jesus Christ to world leaders. Truly I have seen God use the small and unheard of to confound the great and well known. That sound salmost Scriptural, doesn't it?

"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;" 1 Cor. 1:27

We are not associated with the Baptist denomination. We are with the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches. "The Bible, the whole Bible, and nothing but the Bible."

"To see the lost saved, the saved to grow, and to be real."

Chewy

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 17 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would you think he is Baptist?

I think the difference is that he is actually drawn to Jesus where others are drawn to religion.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

I would, so i hope you won't pull my leg! Yet, Oxford? Whew! Yet you know, it seems that if he did Oxford he would have been drawn to a different denomination than Baptist. More than likely he would've become Lutheran, or Episcopalian perhaps; Orthodox or Anglican? You suppose?
CHEWY
Advanced Member
Member # 6970

He does play the guitar some and on occasion sings with the praise team. You probably wouldn't believe me if I told you that he has attended Oxford would you?
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Well, he looks just like he would be a guitar player!
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
LOL!

quote:
This is my Pastor
I truly suspected this when i saw the video! You didn't say whether he plays any of those instruments!
No I don't think he does. At least I have not seen him play any of them.
Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

Lonesol! I checked out the url. Looks like what everybody is saying is right! "God 'created' the Holy Spirit?" That is a sky-high neon sign to a genuine believer, with sound effects.

I noticed that a yoga-babe was pasted at the bottom of the page with invitation for the gullible to receive tips about this mystical faith. That is, or should be an emblazoned neon sign too, to a trained Christian (though some see nothing wrong with yoga, no more than with Santa Clause or Eshtar, believe it or not!). This will no doubt appeal to a lot of people overall in our society, even to an occasional Christian or more.

Also, it is clear to me about this, that these folks feel that all people are God's children, and that the Holy Spirit is within them, which we also know better! This is not a new concept. In fact it is even hippie if not in origin. (I know, i was one and used to look like Pastor Vic ) [Razz] (oops! i didn't mean that bad)It does and will appeal to a lot of people as did Moonieism. (Reverend Moon of Korea)

Are we surprised that satan can or will do this? I am not. He aims to defeat the message of who Jesus is made to us by two things. One: he appeals to some who want to feel like God's children, without the surrender to Christ, and thereby keeps the partakers from coming to a knowledge of the truth, potentially taking them to hell with them. Two: he shakes up believers, so that they become fearful, thereby keeping them from any message of deeper devotion to Christ! They become protective, and even accusing! The combination is both effective in large part, and menacing for those who do know peace, in that believers are affected negatively. In other words, it keeps the 'division' thing going by causing the accusing one of another as though on a witch hunt for Christ. (Remember the inquisition?) Therefore, valid speakers are isolated, and their job is made harder. The results can be devastating when such an avalanche starts.

By the way, Eshtar (which the yoga pic reminds me of) is the goddess of fertility. If you see a picture of her, you will see that she is covered with eggs. Well, when Israel came out of captivity from Babylon the ominous egg was on the table of the passover feast. It was not there before captivity, therefore it is evidence of compromise with idols within Judaisim. Do you get the symbolism? Couple this egg with the rabbits of easter, (you know, easter rabbits, the egg decorated tree and other stuff) and your understanding should multiply like rabbits (fertility)!

How that got to be the title for the Resurrection i do not yet know. Perhaps the date of the Resurrection corresponds with the date of service to eshtar.

I might add (going back a few paragraphs) that these messages are cleverly designed by the angel of light 'to parallel' the truth in many ways, creating a camoflage of the heresies they contain. Perhaps you have heard it said, in every lie, there is an element of truth! Lies don't start out as patent falsehoods necessarily. That is why they are so easily swollowed by some.

Since i'm on the subject, not knowing what scientology is, i just checked out this url, just in case like me, you didn't know either. He really kicks em in the teeth:
http://www.xenu.net/roland-intro.html

Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

LOL!

quote:
This is my Pastor
I truly suspected this when i saw the video! You didn't say whether he plays any of those instruments!
Aaron
unregistered

This doesn't surprise me about Oprah. She's worked for the other side for quite some time now. [Frown]

Aaron

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 9 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Oprah endorses it. She must be she is teaching right on her website.

http://www.oprah.com/xm/mwilliamson/200801/mwilliamson_20080101.jhtml

"Oprah and Friends" To Teach Course on New Age Christ

Oprah Winfrey will be letting out all the stops on her XM Satellite Radio program this coming year. Beginning January 1, 2008, "Oprah & Friends" will offer a year-long course on the New Age teachings of A Course in Miracles .1 A lesson a day throughout the year will completely cover the 365 lessons from the Course...

http://www.zimbio.com/Religion/articles/197/Oprah

[Eek!]

Another link for info:

http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/thcourse.html

Happy New Year From The New Age "Christ"!
http://www.moriel.org/articles/discernment/church_issues/new_age_christ.htm

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 10 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Harrison:
This guy looks like he could possibly leave church, find somebody on a street corner, and by taking him by the collar while pointing a finger in his face, tell him, "Be in church Sunday. Here is the address." I bet he'd get results! Well, maybe he would show more tact than that (lol). I wonder if he plays any of those instruments in the background?

I haven't read Oprah's book so thereon i can't comment.

Michael,

This is my Pastor. That is where I meet with the body of Christ. Vic (who is speaking in the video) is a great preacher of the word of God. He does not try and tickle ears. He speaks the truth and is not out to win a popularity contest. He is out to serve God and not man.

A lot of todays preachers today are out to serve self and please man. Don't want to be in their shoes come judgement day.

By the way I changed the title of the video to be "Oprahism".

Plow on, plow on...
David

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Aaron
unregistered

Apparently Oprah is indeed endorsing this:

http://herescope.blogspot.com/2007/11/oprah-and-friends-to-teach-course-on.html

Excerpt: "As a former New Age follower and devoted student of A Course in Miracles, I eventually discovered that the Course in Miracles was—in reality—the truth of the Bible turned upside down."

This was my take when I read/scanned the book years ago. A friend asked me to read it and comment on it. As a young Christian I could only say "She uses a lot of Christian words but her doctrine is all wrong." She was an example of "the devil quoting scripture".

Here's the real casualty in these matters (when a person misrepresents Christ): part of what is written is true but the Christian rebuttal against the error is often so vehement that the saints become conditioned against the part that is true.

For example: The article lists this example as error "Lesson #61 tells each person to repeat the affirmation 'I am the light of the world.'"

Now, Jesus, in fact, said this to the believers: Matthew 5:14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden."

So, that part of the lesson is true. It's the application of that truth that is erroneous: not everyone is "the light of the world". Only those in whom the Holy Spirit dwells are the light of the world.

The truth should be preserved when we dispense with the lies.

Dump the bathwater; save the baby.

Aaron

lonlesol
Advanced Member
Member # 4511

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lonlesol   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
David...

I found this website two days ago...

http://www.thevoiceforlove.com/holy-spirit.html

Then, I noticed at the bottom of that page, a link to ''A Course in Miracles''...

In the thread called ''God's holy spirit'' that Isaiah started on January 11, I posted a link that falsly teaches about the Holy Spirit...

One part of the text says:

quote:
God loves His children so much that He wanted His children to always know that they are safe, they are loved, and they are whole. God created the Holy Spirit as a way to ensure that God’s children would always know these things...
Somewhere on another page of that site, it says that ''Jesus eventually became the embodiment of the Holy Spirit and you will too.''...what does that mean???...

And in that same page, it says...

quote:
''When you come to see your own Voice as the Voice for God or the Voice for Love, then indeed it does not matter what you call this Voice. Call It by any name you choose. Until then, it can be helpful to make the distinction between one’s Higher Self and the Voice of your true Self, the Voice for God, because this distinction assists one in joining with the Self that is beyond what the mind identifies with. It helps them to connect with the deepest part of their real Self, beyond the forms, beyond the concepts, beyond what your mind can imagine … to transcend all of it and experience your true Being. That is what the Holy Spirit is and the Purpose it fulfills. You are Love. You are God. You are One with All That Is. And that is what this Voice for God and Love and Peace will teach you.''...

The saying: '''You are God'''...and everything else for that matter, is definitely New Age!...

My question is...is this the book that Oprah is endorcing?...

Posts: 478 | From: Quebec | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Harrison
Advanced Member
Member # 6801

This guy looks like he could possibly leave church, find somebody on a street corner, and by taking him by the collar while pointing a finger in his face, tell him, "Be in church Sunday. Here is the address." I bet he'd get results! Well, maybe he would show more tact than that (lol). I wonder if he plays any of those instruments in the background?

I haven't read Oprah's book so thereon i can't comment.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 2 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our Pastor talked about the below new book this past Sunday. Take a look at this short video clip and see what you think.

A Course In Miracles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxGBdtXmr-c

Oprah endorces it.

Acts 17:16-21
2 Timothy 3:5
Psalm 33:12
Jermiah 6:16 and 2:11-13
atonement
Know your bible
by Vic Young
Fountain of Life Bible Church
www.flbconline.com

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement