Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » What do you all think of this post?

Author Topic: What do you all think of this post?
J4Jesus
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh it's possible.

i've seen an Atheist explain HOW A CHRISTIAN SHOULD LIVE. and he was On the dot.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANx ALL .

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Eden:

That astonished me because it was one of the finest pieces of succinct Christian writing that I've ever seen...if only all Christians could understand Christianity so clearly. I just don't understand how a non-Christian could have written it, though. It seems impossible to me.

Be blessed, Aaron
Eden

Well, to be succinct, he did not say the writer was not a Christian. He said that the writer was someone "who don't [sic] believe in the Bible".

We still don't know to what extent he does not believe in the Bible: validity, accuracy, reliability, etc.

Aaron

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Aaron, I did read in a later post in this Topic that someone else had written it, and that the Topic piece was written by someone who WAS NOT yet a believer.

That astonished me because it was one of the finest pieces of succinct Christian writing that I've ever seen...if only all Christians could understand Christianity so clearly. I just don't understand how a non-Christian could have written it, though. It seems impossible to me.

Be blessed, Aaron
Eden

Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Eden:
Hi, WildB, did you write that? That was beautiful.

Ok, this is somewhat humorous. If I understand correctly his post was from another person. I think he has issues with what was presented. And now you're complimenting him for it.

Humorous? Maybe. But definitely a conversation starter. [Big Grin]

Aaron

Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, WildB, did you write that? That was beautiful. I had never thought about “partaking of the blood” in the way that YOU present it, that we “partake of His body” because He gave His REAL BODY for us on the cross, and we partake of His blood’ by claiming His blood on our behalf, so that we “partake of the body and the blood of the Lord”. I really see that now. Thanks, I DO indeed partake of the body and of the blood of Jesus, which is OFFERED to me.

WildB, I really liked what you said, so I’m going to post it once more below:

The law of liberty of which I speak "is" about communion, it is declaring that you are righteous before god because of the blood and that you are one with the body of christ as all believers are, its not based on behavoir, its based on faith in the blood of him.

We are the body of christ, we are the communion, we all believe the blood of jesus has saved us from our sin. We all partake of the body and blood of the lord,and we should discern the body and blood of the lord for all of our brothers and sisters rather than judging them according to law.

Now if I believe that I am no longer under law but under grace then I must believe it for you as well, we must speak and live as ones who are no longer under the law but under grace based on what jesus did on the cross and not what we do or do not do. Even abraham believed and it was credited to him a s righteousness. Many are sick weak and dying amongst you because they have failed to discern the body and blood of the lord.

Eden here: very good, WildB and the Holy Spirit

But WHY is this subject in the Exposing False Teaching's forum? This is GOOD BIBLE STUDY, brother WildB.

And WildB, how could a brother who DOES NOT BELIEVE THE BIBLE write something like that, as you said in a subsequent post in this Topic. I frankly wish that ALL Christians could see it as clearly as that post at the very top of this Topic.

Be blesed, WildB
Eden

Aaron
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
Sorry I wasnt to clear. It was a post on another board by someone that don't belive in the Bible.

Ah.

But now I wonder: what do you mean "doesn't believe in the Bible"? I mean, it clearly exists. You mean he doesn't believe the Bible is valid or credible?

Aaron

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I wasnt to clear. It was a post on another board by someone that don't belive in the Bible.

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aaron
unregistered

I think I missed your point, WildB. From a quick glace the first post seemed more accurate than not although I'm not sure completely.

Please, can you tell me your point?

Thanks,
Aaron

Edit. The passage in question: "Now all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation, namely, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making an appeal through us; we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

WildB
Member # 2917

This is my responce

Right away I say :doh Working from the end of his post first.

"Many are sick weak and dying amongst you because they have failed to discern the body and blood of the lord."

Here is where the statement comes from and his changing the words and blending is just not Biblical....

1 Corinthians 11

[23] For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
[24] And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
[25] After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
[26] For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
[27] Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
[28] But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
[29] For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

[30] For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.(died)

[31] For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
[32] But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
[33] Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
[34] And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

As you have read this in context it is silly for Tom to try to apply it to his post.

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 17 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The law of liberty of which I speak "is" about communion, it is declaring that you are righteous before god because of the blood and that you are one with the body of christ as all believers are, its not based on behavoir, its based on faith in the blood of him.

We are the body of christ, we are the communion, we all believe the blood of jesus has saved us from our sin. We all partake of the body and blood of the lord,and we should discern the body and blood of the lord for all of our brothers and sisters rather than judging them according to law.

Now if I believe that I am no longer under law but under grace then I must believe it for you as well, we must speak and live as ones who are no longer under the law but under grace based on what jesus did on the cross and not what we do or do not do. Even abraham believed and it was credited to him a s righteousness. Many are sick weak and dying amongst you because they have failed to discern the body and blood of the lord.

--------------------
That is all.....

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement