Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Exposing the 'Exposers'

Author Topic: Exposing the 'Exposers'
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:
And I have also read in his autobiography about how he and President Lyndon B. Johnson swam naked at the White House one night.

I would be willing to guess that you read a quote from an unreliable source that Billy Graham's autobiography said that he and Pres. Lyndon B. Johnson swan naked at the White House one night. Is that the same person who commented on that fake video of Steve Brock and Benny Hinn supposedly taking drugs?

This is getting too ridiculous for words. [pound] [pound] [cool_shades]

--------------------
The Pharisees tell us what not to do. Jesus tells us what to do.
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good NewsforAll,
quote:
I have heard Billy Graham say himself, that he goes by the scripture, "We should avoid even the appearance of evil."

I have heard him say he goes by scripture also and I have heard him also say "We should avoid even the appearance of evil."

And I have also read in his autobiography about how he and President Lyndon B. Johnson swam naked at the White House one night.

If you choose to not believe him in his own words it’s your choice.

There truly none so blind as those that will not see.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In his own autobiography he talks openly about swimming naked with President Lyndon B. Johnson.

Don't believe it. As I say, "And I believe in the Easter Bunny." [pound]

I have heard Billy Graham say himself, that he goes by the scripture, "We should avoid even the appearance of evil."

He has said that he would never be in a room with a woman by himself, in case it would be taken the wrong way, and it would make great fodder for gossip.

--------------------
Romans 10:15 As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!"

Posts: 400 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 18 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A person going to Hell never amuses me!

You may not accept it, but Billy Graham is a mason…
And does teach that the Blood of Jesus/Yeshua is not the only way to salvation.

On a side note….

In his own autobiography he talks openly about swimming naked with President Lyndon B. Johnson.

Maybe that does not bother you but it is very disturbing to me!

You have the right to approve of Billy Graham, but as for me, I will pray for his repentance

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Billy Graham is not a mason. Another deception of the devil.

It always amuses me how some have a habit of pulling out "transformed into an angel of light scriptures" and use it for the argument of the moment. [BooHoo]

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good NewsforAll,

I am not reporting second hand information, I heard Billy Graham say these things with my own ears, in full context.

2Th 2:10
And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
2Th 2:11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
2Th 2:12
That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

If you do not know anything about the Masonic Organization, you can not begin to understand how good and innocent evil people can appear.

2Cr 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

--------------------

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

quote:
Please give me your definition if you think mine is wrong?

Of couse I agree with your definition, and I have never seen Billy Graham preach anything different than -

True salvation is through repentance.
True repentance makes the receiver a new Creation.
Grace through faith - there is no other way to be eteranally saved.

That is exactly the type of sermon I heard Billy Graham preach within the past week -nothing but the Truth.

It really boggles my mind how professing believers can buy into websites that insist on twisting and contaminating his message. Many souls could be lost because of this attack of the enemy.

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You are more or less telling me I am a pagan.
No, I am putting a definition to what saving “Grace” is.

I do assume your definition is wrong.

Please give me your definition if you think mine is wrong?

I am sorry you think Billy Graham and others can not be lost just because he/they have been preaching for all these years, you sadly misunderstand scripture if this is your understanding..

There is no rudeness intended toward you, just remember ….

Mat 24:11-13
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

I pray you understand my heart, I could not / would not wish the eternal wrath of Yahweh on anyone, but yet many good moral people who prefer to listen to the teachings of men rather than the word of Yahweh will suffer that fate.

--------------------

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

quote:
Originally posted by becauseHElives:You are one of those that believe that mental accent is equal with the true Salvation that is offered by Yahweh through the death, burial and resurrection of Yeshua, His only Son.
Aren't you being rather presumptuous? You are more or less telling me I am a pagan. Please don't get off into tangents by escalating the thread into personal attacks. It is not Christ-like.

1 Cor. 13: 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil.

--------------------

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Good NewsforAll, after waiting on Yahweh, I have a response to your attack on those who would stand for Truth.

You must be one of those that believe that mental accent is equal with the true Salvation that is offered by Yahweh through the death, burial and resurrection of Yeshua, His only Son.

The Key to true Salvation that Yahweh offers is repentance.(turning from a life of sin, to a life of Godliness- a life patterned after the Messiah Yeshua, a life conforming day by day to His Image)

True Repentance makes the receiver a “New Creation”

Eph 2:8-10
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

“Grace through Faith” there is no other way to be eternally saved.

The majority of the leadership in the Churches in America are preaching another Jesus/Yeshua not the Yeshua Messiah of Scripture, they are preaching another Gospel.

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Here is Yahweh’s definition of “Grace” that saves

Tts 2:11-13
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

1Jo 3:3
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

--------------------

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As the old saying goes,"You can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time."

I just pray that readers would just stick to the 'accusees' own personal sites to get the whole truth, without being caught up in twisted words taken out of context.

I don't read these accusations that are intentionally set up with an agenda to smear.

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
web page

This is taken from a television interview of Billy Graham by Robert Schuller, on May 31, 1997. The following segment is an exact transcript of an excerpt close to the end of the broadcast. (Reported by The Christian News, October 20, 1997, page 15.)

"SCHULLER: Tell me, what do you think is the future of Christianity?

GRAHAM: Well, Christianity and being a true believer -- you know, I think there's the Body of Christ. This comes from all the Christian groups around the world, outside the Christian groups. I think everybody that loves Christ, or knows Christ, whether they're conscious of it or not, they're members of the Body of Christ ...I think James answered that, the Apostle James in the first council in Jerusalem, when he said that God's purpose for this age is to call out a people for His name. And that's what God is doing today, He's calling people out of the world for His name, whether they come from the Muslim world, or the Buddhist world, or the Christian world, or the non-believing world, they are members of the Body of Christ, because they've been called by God. They may not even know the name of Jesus, but they know in their hearts that they need something that they don't have, and they turn to the only light that they have, and I think they are saved, and that they're going to be with us in heaven."

"SCHULLER: What, what I hear you saying, that it's possible for Jesus Christ to come into human hearts and soul and life, even if they've been born in darkness and have never had exposure to the Bible. Is that a correct interpretation of what you're saying?

GRAHAM: Yes, it is, because I believe that. I've met people in various parts of the world in tribal situations, that they have never seen a Bible or heard about a Bible, and never heard of Jesus, but they've believed in their hearts that there was a God, and they've tried to live a life that was quite apart from the surrounding community in which they lived."

"SCHULLER: (R.S. trips over his tongue for a moment, his face beaming, then says) I'm so thrilled to hear you say this. There's a wideness in God's mercy.

GRAHAM: There is. There definitely is.''

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 16 posted November 12, 2006 04:24 PM Profile for Good NewsforAll Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote "Established in 1974, Way of Life Literature is a fundamental Baptist preaching and publishing ministry based in Bethel Baptist Church, London, Ontario. Wilbert Unger is the Pastor of Bethel Baptist and Vince Londini, the Associate Pastor. David W. Cloud is the founder and director of Way of Life."

I have already given my opinion about the Fundamental Baptist Church, and no faith group outside of their own legalistic beurocracy stands a chance.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You attack the messengers instead of dealing with the fact that Billy Graham sends those who sign decision cards back to the apostasy/heresy of the Roman Catholic Church.

web page

In September of 1979, The Christian Courier of Milwaukee, Wisconsin published the following report on the recent Milwaukee Crusade:

Sister Maureen Hopkins, Director of the Ecumenical and Interfaith Commission of the Milwaukee Roman Catholic Archdiocese, and a liaison member of the Crusade committee, reported that 120 people have volunteered within the Catholic community to help her with the task of contacting each of the 3,500 inquiries. Sr. Maureen received the names and telephone natnbers from the Crusade Committee, based upon the inquirers indication of leaving a Catholic background on his inquiry card... All 7,500 were immediately invited to a Eucharistic celebration which was held on August 16 at St. Theresa's Church in Milwaukee. The mass was attended by more than 400 people. The primary purpose for the mass was to remind the inquirers that their commitments to Christ should be nurtured within the sacramental framework of the church.

Christianity Today for September 7, 1979 pointed out that Graham had sent a team member almost a year before the Crusade to conduct a seminar on the working of the Crusade for Milwaukee priests and lay workers. It is a tragedy that 3500 decision cards were turned over to the Roman Catholic Church, but, it is a worse tragedy when you realize that it did not "happen," It was planned by the world's best-known evangelist.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Good NewsforAll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Established in 1974, Way of Life Literature is a fundamental Baptist preaching and publishing ministry based in Bethel Baptist Church, London, Ontario. Wilbert Unger is the Pastor of Bethel Baptist and Vince Londini, the Associate Pastor. David W. Cloud is the founder and director of Way of Life."

I have already given my opinion about the Fundamental Baptist Church, and no faith group outside of their own legalistic beurocracy stands a chance.

--------------------

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

One should question why Billy Graham's crusade turns over those who sign decision cards to local Roman Catholic diocese.

http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/grahamrome1.htm

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/billy.htm

Billy Graham turns Catholic converts back to Catholic religion

These poor people come forward to receive Christ but when the Billy Graham counsellors get to 'em they turn them back over to Catholic priests--keeping them in the same system of bondage!

In 1957, Graham said, "Anyone who makes a decision at our meetings is seen later and referred to a local clergyman, Protestant, Catholic, or Jewish." (San Francisco News).

According to The Florida Catholic (Sept. 1983) 600 people were turned over to the Catholic religion as a result of the Orlando crusade.

At Billy Graham's 1984 Vancouver, British Columbia crusade, the vice-chairman of the organizing committee said, "If a Catholic steps forward there will be no attempt to convert them and their names will be given to the Catholic church nearest their homes" (Vancouver Sun, Oct. 5, 1984). [Lord, have mercy!]

Billy Graham even had a Catholic priest SUPERVISE the 6,600 counselors for the Denver crusade. Information on the hundreds of Catholics who came forward were sent to a Catholic organization in Denver. (Wilson Ewin, Evangelism: The Trojan Horse of the 1990s).

An ecumenical advisor to the Catholic religion noted in 1989 that "Those who come forward for counseling during a mission evening in June, if they are Roman Catholic, will be directed to a Roman Catholic 'nurture-group' under Roman Catholic counselors in their home area" (John Ashbrook, New Neutralism II, Mentor, Ohio: Here I Stand Books, 1992, p. 35).

The Catholic archdiocese in Portland, Oregon, set a goal to supply 6,000 of the 10,000 counselors needed for the Graham crusade. All Catholics responding to the altar call were channeled to the Catholic religion. These are just a few examples of many.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

I'm not really interested in stoning Ted Haggard. I'll let God deal with him.

What really gets me is those who try to tear Billy Graham's reputation by twisting his words. One person on this Board even posted quotes from The National Enquirer regarding him, as if it was a reliable source. [happyhappy]

The National Enquirer is the gossip column to beat all gossip columns. Have you seen some of their ridiculous headlines? The opener for their website:
"The National Enquirer Online
Gossip and news from the supermarket tabloid"

There's a section saying that they will pay money for juicy tidbits.

Gossip and slander are a sin. I feel contaminated just looking at the headlines going through the grocery line at my local supermarket.

Jeremiah 6:28
They are all grievous revolters, walking with slanders: they are brass and iron; they are all corrupters.

Proverbs 10:18 uses even stronger language.

People keep trying to twist Billy Graham's words to make it look as if he is preaching a water-downed gospel.

I just saw him on a televised crusade last night, and his whole message was about the only way to salvation was through Jesus and the Cross.

Why do people insist on being drawn to sensationalism and deceit by taking words out of context, and treating everything and anything they read as the gospel truth?

--------------------

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 3 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the below story would go good here:

King David had a humongous problem. A problem that threatened to destroy his administration. This problem not only could destroy his career, but in doing so it could destroy the economic and social stability of the nation and leave it ripe for internal decay and external exploitation. He'd had tough problems before in his years as Commander in Chief, but this was the worst yet.

How was King David going to explain to his people that his affair with the wife of one of the army's most successful generals had gotten so complicated that he was forced to send the general to his death in a hopeless battle so he could quickly marry the new widow to legitimize their child?

The ordinary people didn't know how hard it was to run a country, to have multitudes depending on you for leadership. They didn't understand how the extraordinary stresses leaders faced almost demanded extraordinary tension relieving activities. They didn't understand how using all of one's energies to run the country left one vulnerable to what the ministers called the "sins of the flesh."

It was time for a damage control strategy meeting. King David called in his most trusted advisors for a top-level secret meeting. First to arrive was his court magician, Mike, who had parlayed a brief flirtation with the black arts into a national inspirational comedy ministry. He had been able to hide his four marriages, numerous affairs, and tall-tale telling for twenty years. He was sure to have some great ideas.

The next to arrive was Brother Jimmy, from Southern Judah. True, Jimmy wasn't as well-liked anymore since that last police stop with the prostitute in his chariot, but he did have years of experience covering up his pornographic recreational activities. He could help devise a plan for keeping the worst details out of all but the most tacky tabloids.

The West Coast Kingdom Network contingent arrived later that day. Paul and Jan were sure to give David good advice on how he could appeal to the people with a powerful "word from the Lord" and take pledges for a new temple franchise at the same time. In addition, they brought suggestions from several West Coast ministers who had managed to overcome their bad PR to form new speaking platforms, and from other national ministers who were unable to attend because of their busy crusade schedules but who advised how to prosper in the midst of human suffering and poverty.

Last to arrive was Prophet Hal, brimming with ideas about how David's "little problem" was actually a sign that the Messiah was near and that the people should be concentrating on the refurbishing of the temple instead of David's personal life.

The top secret summit lasted all week. The media tried to crack security, but the usual "high level administration sources" were curiously silent. Nobody knew what was going on behind closed doors, except that the Jerusalem Kosher Pizza Hovel was making a fortune on late night deliveries.

When the king's press conference was finally announced, media from all the world jammed the pomegranate garden awaiting the king's presence. King David's communications advisor, George the Greek, strode to the podium.

"Members of the press. I have a brief statement from the palace, then King David will give his statement. Copies of both statements will be available as you leave, as well as 8x10 glossies. Now, to the statement: 'The palace announces that King David has instituted a new policy of cooperation with the armed services and chosen as liaison between the palace and the Hexagon Mrs. Bathsheba Uriah, whose late husband, General Uriah, sacrificed his life for his country in the recent battles supervised by Secretary of Defense Joab. This is a wonderful opportunity for this administration to confirm its commitment to supporting women in strategic leadership roles. In an effort to further reduce the national debt, King David has additionally decided to marry Mrs. Uriah so that she can perform her duties without salary. Thank you.'"

The murmurs of the reporters had started to die as King David walked briskly out the palace door, into the garden, and to the podium, flanked by his advisors. The morning sun glinted from the special highlights applied to his hair. No shine reflected off his carefully powdered cheeks and forehead. He turned his best side to the press artists and gave the magic smile that had won him the popularity of the people.

"My fellow Israelites. Today marks the beginning of a new era in God's kingdom. After careful consideration and agonizing self-sacrifice, I stand before you fully prepared to continue my responsibilities as the Lord's servant according to the Lord's calling. There have been rumors about my relationship with Bathsheba, wife of the late General Uriah. I tell you in all sincerity today that these rumors are vicious and are tearing down the trust relationship I worked so hard to build. A man in my position expects attacks from the Enemy, and Satan has been working overtime on this one. Sometimes all it takes for a war to be lost is for the people to lose trust in their leadership because of evil rumors and destructive gossip. Well, I think better of you all than that. I know you will reject any such malicious talk and not believe anything you hear unless it comes from my lips.

Over the years, God has used me in mighty ways to further his kingdom. All of you know how as a young boy God gave me the power to kill the giant Goliath with my little slingshot. And those of you who've read my best-selling biography know the words God directed the prophet Samuel to speak when he anointed me as king. I waited patiently for the old administration to finish its term and for King Saul to die before I took office. Israel has never been so prosperous or so safe as it has been under my rule (by God's grace, of course).

Now, all of us have our little imperfections. Take my magician advisor here, Mike. He got in a little trouble a while back for using exaggeration and embellishment in his comedy routine, and he learned a lot about God's forgiveness for his moral lapses, but he's still going strong -- he didn't let those little things keep him from the ministry God called him to. And look at Brother Jimmy. I think people appreciate the struggles he goes through with demons. It isn't easy to keep on preaching against pornography when demons are harassing you at every turn with the stuff. And my dear friends Paul and Jan, along with the dozens of ministers God has prospered through their crusades, they know that when God entrusts you with 30 million pieces of silver, Satan can tempt you to use it for personal gain. And yet they allow the Lord to use their mansions, chariot limousines, Nile barges, and jewels as an inspiration to their "partners" to give even more to the Lord's work so everybody can prosper just like them.

Frankly, we're all sinners. I apologize for being merely human. I don't want you all to think I've gone Holy-wood on you -- I would never do that. In fact, I think my human shortcomings should reassure you that I haven't forgotten what it's like to be struggling with sin. I'm just a simple country boy who's been called by the Lord to the most important leadership position in His kingdom, and my communications team just hasn't caught up to the big league yet.

I'm proud to announce my marriage to Bathsheba, and her appointment to liaison with the armed services. I know this move will strengthen our nation, save us tax money, and restore in you the confidence you once had in my administration.

I close with advice from my dear Brother Hal here, who years ago wrote prophetically that demonic activity, Satanic temptations, and even the moral failings of Israelite leaders are a sign to rejoice because the Messiah is right around the corner. I am confident that Brother Hal and his wives, as well as my wives, join me in encouraging you -- The Messiah is Coming! Rejoice!"

As King David gazed out over the media crowd his smile broadened into a grin. The glazed eyes, the vacuous smiles, the reporters' blank notebooks all testified to David's triumph. God's kingdom was saved!

Exchanging Truth for Lies

When the Church allows compromised Christian leaders to explain away sin, compromise truth, and sin with impunity, we exchange truth for lies. We become no better than idolaters, people whose credulous adoration of compromised leaders fulfill what Paul calls exchanging "the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man . . . exchang[ing] the truth of God for a lie" (Rom. 1:22, 25). Our recasting of King David's story from 2 Samuel is a lie, but sadly, it represents a popular attitude in the Church today toward sin in Christian leadership. Unfortunately, although most Christians sincerely want truth and want to follow biblical ethics, we too often listen to such lies from our leadership and instead of denouncing sin and demanding accountability, we parrot excuses like those given here and allow compromised leaders to continue in leadership.

http://answers.org/issues/exposing_sin.html

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 2 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ted did not come to the media and confess, he was exposed. He did not just decide to confess, he had to. Thinking that Christian leaders should behave this way is very say. We are not suppost to support this kind of behavior and sweep it under the rug. He needs to repent on his own and not because he had to. Being forced to confess is not what I call humility.

The below is from www.gotquestions.org:

(1) Some of those claiming to be evangelical Christians are charlatans, (2) Some evangelical Christian leaders allow their position to result in pride, (3) Satan and his demons more aggressively attack and tempt those in Christian leadership because they know that a scandal involving a leader can have devastating results, on both Christians and non-Christians.

(1) Some “evangelical Christians” who are caught in scandals are charlatans and false prophets. Jesus warned, “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves … Therefore by their fruits you will know them” (Matthew 7:15-20). False prophets pretend to be godly men and women, and appear to be solid evangelical leaders. However, the “fruit” (scandals) eventually reveal them to be the opposite of what they claimed to be. In this, they follow the example of Satan, “And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve” (2 Corinthians 11:14-15).
:::::::::::::

The Bible clearly states that Christian leaders should be accountable both to the Word of God and also to God's people, whom the leader serves. Among the requirements Paul describes for a Christian leader are that he be "blameless," and "of good behavior" (1 Tim. 3:2). A Christian leader must "have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil" (1 Tim. 3:7). This does not mean that the Christian leader is simply good at covering up his sin. Christian leaders must display integrity and honesty -- they must prove themselves worthy of Christians' trust.

One would think that our outspoken faithfulness to truth telling would extend to telling the truth about sin within the Church. And yet at this point many Christians shrink from truth telling, instead hiding behind empty platitudes such as "don't judge;" "forgive and forget;" "don't shoot your own wounded;" "look at all the people who came to the Lord through this ministry;" etc. Sadly, we have unbiblically acted as though telling the truth contradicts biblical concern for a sinning Christian leader.

Christians who cry out, "It's wrong to judge," are ignoring the context of the passage (Matt. 7:1-2), which does not forbid judging, but instead insists on judgment according to God's word. In addition, a judgmental criticism of judgement is self-refuting. If it is wrong for a Christian to publicly criticize a Christian leader whose testimony is false or who is immoral, then isn't the critic also wrong for publicly criticizing the Christian? Paul points out this contradiction among some Jews, saying, "You who say, 'Do not commit adultery,' do you commit adultery? You who abhor idols, do you rob temples?" (Rom. 2:22). One who speaks English to utter the sentence "I can't utter a word in English" has refuted himself. Aren't those who accuse Christian investigative journalism of being the "Christian Gestapo" themselves acting Gestopo-ish?

Assuming that integrity and accountability exclude compassion unfairly brands truth telling as "shooting" and ignores that "the wounded" have been wounded by their own sin.

Christians who excuse false testimonies and immorality by pointing to the "fruits" of a ministry deny Paul's forceful argument in Romans 3:8 that to do evil that good may come is slanderous and contrary to biblical ethics.

To equate forgiveness with absolution from personal responsibility is to cheapen biblical forgiveness and to deny biblical justice.

The Pharisees were not at all concerned with the truth or the woman they brought to Jesus. They just wanted to try and trick Jesus so they could find fault with Him. Jesus also told the woman to go AND SIN NO MORE. He did not tell her it was OK.

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GoodNewforAll,

You really need to do a word study on the word "condemn. Ted Haggard has condemned himself. And I personlly express a strong disagreement with Meth and homosexual lifestyles and that I too condemn those things which are evil.

And I venture to guess so does his collegues by the correct stance they have taken on the matter.
This is not to say he is not a child of God, but he doesn't need to be "leading" the flock. His collegues have judged with righteous judgement. They have not judged him or his salvation, but have judged his actions. There is a difference.

And I commend Ted Haggard for finally admitting unrighteousness to the body and subjecting himself to the leaders of that body. He has humbeled himself and that is to his credit. You probably wont find that with others such as Benny Hinn ect...

And yes, we need to be in the word so that we know when we Hear or See something that is contrary to the Word of God, we then can refute it and rightly divide the word. Thats what a watchman does.

Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
Ted Haggar- Well we all know about this recent "dirty picture"

In spite of half-truths and an apology by Ted Haggard, the Pharisees already have him slaughtered and quartered, showing condemnation, something Jesus preached against.

quote:
The Watchmen will continue to cry out whether anyone Hears or not.
If the video becauseHElives shared with us in any indication of the what the cry is supposed to be, we're in big trouble. Get your eyes off of the websites folks, and start getting into the Word.

--------------------

yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 23

Then Yeshua spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, saying:

The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.

Therefore, whatever they Tell you to observe, that Observe and Do, BUT do NOT do according to their works; for they say and do not do. (Anyone reminded here of Ted Haggards "do not vote for gay marriage amendment", in other words do not get caught up in gay lifestyle, but what did he DO?) hmmmm

"But all their works they do to be seen by men" (Remind anyone of any Mega-preachers?)

They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synaggogues, greetings in the marketplaces and to be called by men Rabbi Rabbi (Teacher, Teacher)hmmm remind anyone of any mega church teachers?)

Do not call anyone on earth "Father" (this is not speaking of you biological daddy) for One is your Father, He who is in Heaven. hmm does anybody on earth today claim to sit in Jesus/Father Gods seat here on earth as their representative? The Papa Pope? hmmm

Woe to you Pharisees, hypocrites! For you shut up the kingdom of heaven against men. (sure enough it is being done today by these deceptors we have been talking about) for you neither go in yourselvs, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in)hmmm Self-seeking, self appointed, self annointed, fleecing the flock shepherds who teach pantheism ect..

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you devour widows houses and for pretense make long prayers ect... (hmm, fleeece those poor widows out of their social security checks ect.., you know? plant that $66 dollar seed and you will get 100 fold back, ect.. Have you not heard this?

Woe to you scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites! For you travel land and sea to make one proselyte and when he is won you make him twice the son of hell as yourselves.. WOW! Now this one really hits home. As of late, The African Preachers are begging for the Prosperity message that is being preached in their land to stop as it is really hurting the gospel over there. One pastor said that the people in Africa are turning more and more to Islam when they do not recieve their 100 fold monetary gain that is being promised to them by those preaching this message over there. How sad.

And that leads right into the next verse 16and 17.

And which is greater? The gold or the temple? Maybe we should ask some of those mega-church, TBN preachers. What say you?

verse 25
More woes here! The outside is cleansed but the inside is full of EXTORTION and SELF INDULGENCE. hmmmm sound like any mega-preachers of today? Listen to them and if you have an ear to hear you Will Hear it.

You are right! "Dirty Pictures Do Not Glorify God". Here some examples

Paul Cain- removed from the Kansas City 5 and Morning Star Ministries led by Rick Joyner for Homosexual lifestyle.

Paul Crouch- Paying off a man who alleges they had a homosexual affair. Oke this one is just alleged but why would Paul pay him off to keep his mouth shut. If he did not do it them dont pay someone off, that doesnt make sesns.

Ted Haggar- Well we all know about this recent "dirty picture"

Jim Baker- admitted to delving into homosexual lifestyle but has by his admission repented of such

Some ( more than ought) Catholic Priests- need I say more on that?

Jimmy Swaggert

And these men tell us, the body, Do not do these things and rightly so, but then they do them, Pharisees, Hypocrites!

Do not just BELIEVE everything these pastors tell you. Search the scriptures to see if they are correct. Many have taught error, some have repented of such errors, others have not and still teach error.

The Watchmen will continue to cry out whether anyone Hears or not.

If we refuse to recieve a love for the Truth, then He will send us a strong delusion to believe the LIE-that obedience to Him is unnecessary. This is the secret of lawlessness, called the "mystery of iniquity", and it is the same trick satan pulled on the woman in the garden of Eden.

Those who have an ear to Hear it will Hear it.

Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

quote:
Originally posted by WildB:
From GNforAll "Since we were getting off-topic in the Ted Haggard thread, I figured I better start a new thread in this forum."

Why

Because the devil is using this ploy to get your eyes off of Jesus. Be not be deceived folks. Where's the fruit? Everything we do should be done all to the glory of God, as in 1 Cor. 10:31. These videos are done with a Pharisee mentality.

Matthew 23:
13But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

14Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

15Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.

This means that when the Pharisees make one convert to their beliefs, they make him twice as much a son of hell as they are.

I am not interested in seeing anymore of this trash. I have already learned a very important lesson. If I start skulking into a back room to look at more of this desecration, I will feel as I am sneaking a look at dirty pictures. Dirty pictures don't glorify God.

--------------------

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 17 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Since we were getting off-topic in the Ted Haggard thread, I figured I better start a new thread in this forum."

Why

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Come out from among them and be ye seperate, holy, set-apart unto Yahweh God alone. This was this mans message.

My husband, an ex-32 degree mason did just that 5 years ago. Praise Yeshua!

The Mystery Babylon is the Roman Catholic Church. The harlots are the denominations that line up under her. She is the mother of all denominations.

Have you ever wondered why when 2 years ago the Roman Catholic church put into their re-vived catechism that Muslims and the Islamic faithful were their "brothers" in the faith, but the Protestant denominations are her "erring" brothers in the faith? Think about it.

And a whole lot of what was shown and taught by this man is not "New". Watch some of those and many other preachers and teachers on TBN and really listen and pay attention to what they are teaching and telling the flock. If you have ears to Hear you will Hear it.

The watchmen are sounding the alarm, wake up church! The church does not need another "revival" but needs to Wake UP!!!

The mega churches of today teach a self- message.

A "Seeker-sensitive" message lest the people become "offended"

A "Monetary Prosperity" gospel message so they can fleece the flock- God has plenty to say about those who lead the flock this way, try reading about it in Ezekiel.

Who are the "real decievers"? If you have an ear to Hear it you would know. Most, not all, but most of your mega TV preachers I can assure you.

The only thing that man on the video said about Billy Graham was that he endorsed those such as Schuller, the pope ect.., and well, to be very honest with you, then he is endorsing deception.

You are right about one thing. The video that was shown of Benny Hinn and Steve Brock was a poor one . I have a very good one and would be willing to send it to you GoodNewsforAll if you will PM me you home address if you would like. Of course its longer also. It also has the news reels out of Florida from the local News station there in Orlando who went out to interview Hinn about the video in question. Very interesting stuff. But believe me its not "new" News, especially to those who live in Orlando.

Shalom

Good NewsforAll
Advanced Member
Member # 6156

Since we were getting off-topic in the Ted Haggard thread, I figured I better start a new thread in this forum.

becauseHlives shared this link with us, with the comment "This tape answers lots of questions… 1hr and 47 minutes length
If you don’t want to listen to it all listen from 1:29:05 to 1:35:05 (that's less than 5 mins.)
If you’re interested in the whole truth listen to it all, find out what Billy Graham and other are doing to unite the Protestant Churches with the Great Whor1e of Roman Catholicism."

web page

A lot of these 'prophets' seem to have tunnel vision and it makes me wonder if they are of the Independent Fundamental Baptist Church movement. That church refuses to fellowship with anyone other than in their own group. They won't have anything to do with outside functions or joint meetings . They remain separate and have lots to say about anyone and everyone who worhips the least bit differenty than they do. What does that remind you of? A cult. Any church outside of their group is a target and cannot possibly escape the barbs.

Reminds me of the Pharisees, who came strongly against Jesus. Matthew 9:34 But the Pharisees said, "He casteth out devils through the prince of the devils."

I watched the complete video and the accusations that the evangelical groups mentioned have masonic leanings is totally twisted, Every gesture of their hands is critiqued as being satanic. I notice that many times he gives a few-second snipet of what some of them say, and the video is immediately cut off and then embellished in great twisted detail.

He frequently refers to Rev. 13 as if we are living in these times. That scripture is referring to the tribulation.

Rev. 13: 1And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

14And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

Every little detail is distorted . He complains about if the music is too upbeat and then complains if the music is too mellow.

That video of a bunch of men sitting around taking drugs is a real joke.- I don't recognize anyone in that video. They cleverly have added a split screen with Benny Hinn saying "Ye are known by your fruit'

Concerning Michael W. Smith, He did have a drug problem at one time. The mentality of handling this situation by the speaker has no Christ-like qualities at all.

"mwsNEWS
February 16, 2006 - Michael W. Smith discusses drug addiction with Larry King
Christian pop icon Michael W. Smith appeared on CNN's Larry King Live on February 10 to discuss a drug addiction he held in his pre-record contract days, and to promote his film The Second Chance, which opens in theatres tomorrow.

Smith says he fell into addiction when a support group made up of Christian friends broke apart as those friends left to go to college or graduate school. "[A]ll of a sudden I was by myself and didn't have a support group and thought I could play with the fire and not get burned, and that was not the case and I found myself in a pit and I couldn't get out," Smith said during the interview with King. He later said his drug habit almost killed him once via an overdose.

King said during his introduction to the interview that Smith had written gospel songs while "high on marijuana, cocaine and other drugs."

Smith says he overcame his addiction after falling into a deep depression, which he sees as an answer to his prayers, and those of his parents. Smith said during the interview that he knew that his habit would kill him if he didn't stop, and asked God to do whatever it took to get him out of it.

He likened his healing to that of a terminal cancer patient who wakes up the next day with his tumor gone. Said Smith, "I woke up the next day and I haven't been the same since. That was 28 years ago." Smith says his career began to take off shortly after the incident."

These self-proclaimed authorities love to quote all of kinds of 'Be not deceived scriptures', but it begs the question, Who are the real deceivers?

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement