Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Harvesting Souls for HELL

Author Topic: Harvesting Souls for HELL
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was he doing? What was that? I thought that he was a real preacher. He has really disappointed me. I believe that he has let a lot of people down.
Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always liked Greg Laurie so this surprised me, but the points the writer makes are valid, and today it seems that everywhere we look we see the falling away and we should be watching because the great breaches of faith that we see today all began with small compromises, so I thought I would share this... ( I give you the author's bio first)

Patrick Burwell:

Patrick runs an Evangelism site with the declaration that Jesus alone is the Salvation of man, for the encouragement and training of Christians on how to share their faith, and for the discipleship and mentoring of all Believers of Christ to seek and save the Lost.

Patrick is a Street Preacher in New Jersey and New York, a Network Engineer, the Evangelist for his small Church in Newton, NJ, and the Father of his 5 year old boy, Ryan.

An author of articles from the perspective of "no nonsense" Biblical Christianity, Patrick is a student of BiblicalEvangelism.com, an online Evangelism training school.

Harvesting Souls for HELL

-by Patrick J Burwell

The Difference Between Franklin Graham and Greg Laurie: Why Franklin Has It Right

"Do you want to go to heaven when you die?" That was the central "message" of the crusade Greg Laurie of Harvest.org aired on TRNTY 9709, at 4 am on August 25th, 2006. Greg talked about "committing to Jesus", but he never explained why you have to do so. He quoted John 3:16 and he even had the audience in that stadium quote it for him, but he never explained what Jesus died FOR, other than to mention the word "sin", several times. Greg used all the Christian buzzwords. He even defined Jesus as a man waiting at the door for you to open, portraying him like he couldn’t live without you. And Greg actually said "you have a hole in your heart." That’s when I started to get mad.

Greg Laurie mentioned sin, allot, but never, in the 30 minutes of the broadcast, defined what that sin is even once. Only during a break for a commercial was their an insert about idolatry being a violation of the Law of God and what that is. THANKFULLY the TV audience saw at least that. But no one at that stadium heard even one explanation of what Jesus came to save them from, other than that buzzword "sin", which means nothing to the Lost.

Greg never mentioned God’s anger over sin, not ONCE. But he sure told them how much God loves them, just as they are. "You come to God and he’ll change you", he said. Just what was that supposed to mean in that context? Greg never even said Hell, not even once. But he sure mentioned Heaven allot. He never explained what would happen if you died in your sins, but Greg sure did invite people to accept Jesus to be sure they could "go to heaven."

Should you not have instead heard the wails and cries of the repenting few, Greg? Should you not rather have been reviled by the unrepentant and the hard-hearted because you will not compromise the Gospel with "be happy in Jesus" platitudes? No, instead, you had 6000+ people come to accept Jesus, like God is some little man handing out tasty candy for good little boys and girls? WHAT IS THIS?

Franklin Graham ensures that when he speaks he is clear on what God expects of each man and woman in the hearing of his voice. Franklin uses the Law to explain what sin is. He is dedicated to men understanding that they are violators of God’s law, despised sinners, bound for Hellfire, but for the Blood of Jesus on the Cross! There is no accepting Jesus message but a heartfelt declaration that you must REPENT and believe God or suffer your just eternal torment! You must agree with God that you are a wretched man, Greg, that you must sorrow over your sins you have committed. God is the enemy of sinners. God will not have you but you submit to His Son! Jesus IS Lord, whether you accept Him or not! Jesus is not subject to your agreement of that fact! SUBMIT or die! THAT is his message! God is ANGRY over your lying, your lusting, and your vile heart. KISS the son while you are able before he is angry and you perish! REPENT or you shall likewise PERISH!

Greg, today you presented God as some weakling begging for acceptance, not a burning fire that shall not be quenched. And then you made use of a technique every slimy salesman tries, using comedy and then an emotional draw to sucker the weak minded, as you told them how bad you had it in life, and then how God "made it all better". I don’t know what God you worship, Greg, but Yahweh requires our surrender to his will, accepting suffering if He chooses it for you! Jesus is the God of the Persecuted and those who willingly die for their faith in him! And you try to pawn off their suffering for His name as a wonderful life? How dare you defile the memories of these fallen Saints, how can you so spit on their love for Jesus?

Greg Laurie, you have made a grave error, the gravest any witness can make. You have, before God Himself, led all these souls to commit themselves to a false assurance of God’s acceptance, and all those who made that commitment you inoculated against the truth that they are going to HELL, but they fall at the feet of Jesus. You have been a false witness. You have lead over 6000 souls astray in one weekend, maybe even more because you had that event televised.

You were a false witness Greg, and TBN should not have allowed you on the air.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement