Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Parable of the Awakened Pilgrim

Author Topic: Parable of the Awakened Pilgrim
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from Eden: Mark Elbing, you feel New Age to me.

from Mark Elbing: Is that so?

from Eden: yes, that's so. Counting all your posts, I don't recall you quoting scripture once.

Eden--I see that u have been deregistered. God bless.

Love ur enemies and pray for them who spitefully use you.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Elbing:
Good question. I'll help you with that. Together we'll explore the relevance. I'll work with my experience. You help me with the relevant scriptures. Deal? I'm the truth seeker, ok? You're the christian teacher, guide. Get it?

The relevance is that the parable is a practice in revealing false teachings. [Smile]

I got to tell the truth.

This man did seem quite charming, but I cannot find a scripture that is relevant to what is said in the first post. Let it be known that the false teaching is the parable itself.

I love this man a lot. I want to be nice, but I just cannot lie and dance around the issue because I do not want to offend.

I’m not Joel Osteen.

Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Elbing
unregistered

Icon 17 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that so?
Eden
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, Mark Elbing, you feel like a New Age person to me.

Eden

Mark Elbing
unregistered

Icon 7 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good question. I'll help you with that. Together we'll explore the relevance. I'll work with my experience. You help me with the relevant scriptures. Deal? I'm the truth seeker, ok? You're the christian teacher, guide. Get it?

The relevance is that the parable is a practice in revealing false teachings. [Smile]

Itty-Bitty Girl
Advanced Member
Member # 4579

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Itty-Bitty Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse me, Mark.

May I ask what the false teaching you are debating is?

And for your information, we as Christians must use the word of God to combat satanic works of deception. God must be glorified, so we must repeat the word of God to have His assurance that what we say and do agrees with God.

Posts: 1051 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Elbing
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE PURPOSE OF THIS FORUM:

To expose and DEBATE false teachings of today! Please use this forum for this and not the Bible Study forum.

Maybe you should go to the Bible Study and learn to extract relevant passages and work with sharing your thoughts. I need to come over to your place and remove your cut and paste options from your computer.

Debate has nothing to do with reprinting the Bible 10 times a week.

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colossians 2:

8: Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9: For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
10: And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13: And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15: And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

Phil. 1:
21: For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
22: But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
23: For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Elbing
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A christian set off on a long pilgrimage to literally walk in the footsteps of Jesus. He finally reached the holy land where Christ was said to have lived. While crossing the Jordon river to this country, the pilgrim looked around as the boatman rowed. He noticed something floating towards them. As it got closer, he realized that it was the corpse of a person. When it drifted so close that he could almost touch it, he suddenly recognized the dead body - it was his own! He lost all control and wailed at the sight of himself, still and lifeless, drifting along the river's currents. That moment was the beginning of his liberation.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement