Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Doubt as the Faith of Truth Seekers

Author Topic: Doubt as the Faith of Truth Seekers
Mark Elbing
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course I'm looking! Who wants to be alone in the world. But for the spirits, I have no loyal friends. Many call be brother since I serve them in times of need, offering whatever I have to those who come. That what is needed might only be an ear, or a meal, or some cloths, or a blanket, a place to lay down, a shower. These are what are called street people, alcoholics, drug addicts, prostitutes, desperate folks. I frequent soup kitchens and know many of the homeless in my area. I myself am a long sufferer from childhood diabetes. I've suffered with this illness for 28 years. My kidney's failed 3 and 1/2 years ago. I've been on dialysis that long now. what money I receive I share with the poor people around me in that I share everything I have including my home. That I avoided paying taxes put me in a tough position with the medical business. My state of 'poverty' as determined by the government has made me an undesirable choice for a transplant in a greedy medical environment. I'm glad I didn't contribute to the USA. Even though my life MAY be shortened because of it, I'd rather go on with the peace of mind. That I speak out against the corruption surrounding me has not endeared me to those in power. People tend either to love me or despise me. Overall, I'm really kind of a hermit, surrounded by those who pour in to see me all day, every day. I'm very lonely as for human companionship. The spirits are my true loyal companions. You might say I'm a friend to many, but I have very few friends.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the Holy Spirit of God indwells the Believer then this is what one will see:

Gal 5:
22: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23: Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24: And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25: If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26: Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

I see this in so many. Are you looking?

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Elbing
unregistered

Icon 3 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by Mark Elbing:
and let the blind lead the blind! If it's Christ that dwells in the sewers of your stinking minds, then he must be Satan himself!

This is to say simply that IF is Christ that dwells within Christians, then either they don't hear him, or he's evil. (notice that it is a big IF) Christianity is bloody, bloody, bloody religion, having committed mass genosides and slaughters in the name of God, among many, many, many other things.

I am a truth seeker, not an idol worshiper, as so many Christians seem to be, as I review their long history of trangressions against innocent life.

I thought a truth seeker might find a place among the refugees of crooked religion.

Mark Elbing
unregistered

[Wink] [Smile] [Smile]

A certifiable nut, fruit of the tree of life, which cannot see you, for you hide in the darkness of your idolic pride. Proffering only insults and offering nothing of substance! Remember that a nut is a wholesome fruit that is the bread of life to many!

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

EndTimeEvangelist
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Elbing:
and let the blind lead the blind! If it's Christ that dwells in the sewers of your stinking minds, then he must be Satan himself! [Smile]

[Roll Eyes] This guy's a certifiable nut! [Roll Eyes]
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark Elbing:
nd let the blind lead the blind! If it's Christ that dwells in the sewers of your stinking minds, then he must be Satan himself!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Colossians 2:
8: Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
9: For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.
10: And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
11: In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
12: Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
13: And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
14: Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15: And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

If the witness is contrary to the Word of God then that witness is a false witness and a deceiver.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Elbing
unregistered

and let the blind lead the blind! If it's Christ that dwells in the sewers of your stinking minds, then he must be Satan himself! [Smile]
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

The Cross was not defeat but the fulfillment and THE TRUE REDEMPTION of all who will come to Christ. Jesus told of this:

John 3:
14: And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17: For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

One who witnesses contrary to God's Word is deceived and a deceiver.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trafield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the material of things hoped for whose evidence was not seen was proven with the acknowledgement of Christ's own momentary doubt 'father, why have thou forsaken me?'

This was not momentary doubt. Far from it.

There is a Messianic Psalm (Psalm 22) which prophecies the future crucifixion of Jesus Christ and which begins with the same exact line, "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?"
Verse 24 of this powerful psalm also shows that God did not hide his face from the Son, but listened to the cry for help and delivered him, even from the grave!

Jesus was reciting the first line of this Psalm that the pharisees witnessing the crucifixion would have recognized. Even at His crucifixion, He was trying to show them that He is the Messiah that was prophecied to come. That is not doubt, that is Love.

Posts: 225 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

John 14:
16: And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17: Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18: I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19: Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20: At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21: He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22: Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23: Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24: He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
25: These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26: But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Acts 1:
1: The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
2: Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
3: To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
4: And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
5: For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
6: When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7: And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8: But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

You have brought nothing of substance in your postings Mark Elbing, just the statement that you have seen something with your own eyes and that you testify as witness, but nothing of substance justy a vain attempt to substantiate your own credibility.

If you testify contrary to the Word you bear false witness and have no credibility.

2 John 1:
7: For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8: Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
9: Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10: If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Mark Elbing
unregistered

the material of things hoped for whose evidence was not seen was proven with the acknowledgement of Christ's own momentary doubt 'father, why have thou forsaken me?'

Chirst's own pride died on the cross, for he took to the cross with him his faith of the immediate salvation of mankind. His Dream of 'on earth as it is in heaven' did not succeed in his lifetime as a man. If Christ is God to you, then you might say that God betrayed himself, as he himself was unable to complete the task of the immediate salvation of mankind. You might then draw a hope from this considering that with God's own pride having died on the cross, a softening of Judgement would be demanded by this that God would then be in a sence humbled by his own creation. Death is a humbling experience. Pride dies with the man. How more can a man be humbled?

Doubt is an essential piece of Faith. Doubt protects us from pride as well as protects us from being deceived by false teachers. Doubt me! You have eyes to see, let them see! You have ears to hear, let them hear.

We'll make our stand on doubt and God will not forsake us! The truth loves honesty, rather than prideful vain confession of things beyond a man's own understanding. Many have twisted this principal in order to gain the conformity of the flock to their own prideful teachings, rather than put their faith in truth. Anyone after Christ would be expected to say 'doubt me, as I am not Christ, and I confess my ignorance rather than confess some vain perfection in understanding'. What the prideful do is attempt to pretend they are God, rather than let God work in his own way.

Patience is also lacking in those who would speak in God's place. They have 'no time' for God to do the revealing as they would take revelation into their own hands. A portion of what remains in darkness shall remain in darkness until due time. God remains a mystery to mankind.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Faith is the material of things hoped for whose evidence was not seen......

Whats your Point ?

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mark Elbing
unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have eyes to see let them see! You have ears to hear let them hear! So tell me, what have you seen with your own eyes and what have you heard with your own ears that you know the truth so well that you can profess to this witness the absolute truth?! ...and tell me please: do you confess perfection in knowledge and understanding beyond the apostles whose faith was condemned by Christ himself? Are you aware of the alteration of the Bible and the pages torn from Luke regarding the rebuke of the apostles by Christ? Are you aware of the parable of the mustard seed? Are you aware of Peter's failure of the test of faith as he sunk into the sea? I think a man might do better with a confession of ignorance, dont' you? Let us be bound in the seeking of the truth by confessiong our ignorance rather than our perfection in knowledge. Let us not be divided by the misunderstandings of the proud religious unknowing professors of a knowledge placed beyond our wits! That God is a mystery and moves in mysterious ways more than implies that doubt is key in God's plan. Seek and ye shall find. Find what I ask? Find perfection in knowledge and faith? Father why have thou forsaken me? And what is sought, if a man has no doubt? Perhaps what is sought is self justification, rather than the truth?! A seeker empties his cup of what he believes he knows, to discover what he doesn't know, having no controlling fear, but rather only having a faith in the truth as his only guide! Are you telling me that a seeker is condemned already? <HUGE ROARING BELLY LAUGH> and for not confessing some perfection in knowledge? A perfection not even grapsed by Jesus himself whose doubt was confessed on the cross during the agony of his crusifiction? Ready for school kiddies? Give me the word and we'll begin together rather than begin divided. Let us begin in doubt with honest confessions of ignorance. [Smile] God just may uphold us in our doubt, and condemn them in their faith that they have not earned honestly. Children, children... I tell you God has upheld me in my ignorance. Will he uphould you in your faith? I am a withness. And what are you? I bear the insult of your whips for your sake, and for mine.
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

John 3:
14: And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17: For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Romans 10:
9: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11: For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12: For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13: For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:

Mark Elbing
unregistered

Doubt is the Faith of Truth Seekers and HONESTY is OUR Religion. Shelters molded of Deceptional Beliefs are exposed by reality and witnessed by honest beings. Those claiming to know THE Name of GOD are no doubt faithless! Their descriptions are limited to their experience and observation. At this time mankind is blinded by dishonest failed teachings of false witnesses passed on as traditional false beliefs. Let us start with the TRUTH. No one knows the name of a God,

how many Gods exist, God's lifespan, when a God was born, the extent of a God's power, nor little else about Gods. These are human extensions or personifications passed along as myth and heresay. If God were here, he'd tell you so! This is not to say that humans have not honestly witnessed a spiritual reality or that humans are not aware of the divine nature of our concious existance! I confess that I'm a witness to the spirit. Let us honestly seek the answers that are important to our salvation rather than divide over these vain pursuits of knowledge placed beyond our reach! I propose we seek the understanding of the foundations of DIVINE LAW. By NO MEANS will mankind ever escape the REALITY OF HUMAN-IMPOSED DAMNATION until DIVINE LAW is properly understood and abided universally.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement