Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » The two witnesses

Author Topic: The two witnesses
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Numbers 20:23 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in mount Hor, by the coast of the land of Edom, saying,
24 Aaron shall be gathered unto his people: for he shall not enter into the land which I have given unto the children of Israel, because ye rebelled against my word at the water of Meribah.

It is written that Moses will not enter the land given to the children of Israel.

Consider the spirit of Elijah,
as was with Elisha and John the Baptist,
and the spirit of Moses,
being on upon two prophets ,
or on the Body of Christ.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We know for sure Elijah is one of the prophets, because, as the passage I cited, clearly says so.

Moses is probably the second. Primarily since Moses is the number one prophet in Jewish thought...well, maybe besides Abraham.

So my guess has always been Moses. But the possibility of Enoch too.

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lars7
Advanced Member
Member # 4911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lars7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The two witnesses will be non other than Moses and Elijah.....Why......There the only two Prophets that never did finish there ministries.

Moses died before entering the promise land and Elijah was taken.

Therefore they will be the two to come back and finish what they had started.

Not to mention there apperance with Jesus at the mount of transfiguation.....why them two...
and what were they conversing about with Jesus?

Posts: 49 | From: Ma | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lars7
Advanced Member
Member # 4911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lars7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WKUHilltopper:
We know for sure one of them is Elijah.

Malachi 4 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)
5 Look, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome Day of the LORD comes.

The other one is a speculation. It's probably Enoch (as referenced by Eduardo Grequi) or Moses. It could be Moses because Satan fought the angels over his body. So I've often wondered why this happened unless Satan was trying to circumvent the future and keep one of the prophets from returning. But now that I'm thinking about it, it was Moses and Elijah who met Christ on the Mount of Transfiquration as well. So Moses is probably the second prophet.

Are they here now? Nope.

And TexasGrandma is right about the Jews being the 144k.

Posts: 49 | From: Ma | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We know for sure one of them is Elijah.

Malachi 4 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)
5 Look, I am going to send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome Day of the LORD comes.

The other one is a speculation. It's probably Enoch (as referenced by Eduardo Grequi) or Moses. It could be Moses because Satan fought the angels over his body. So I've often wondered why this happened unless Satan was trying to circumvent the future and keep one of the prophets from returning. But now that I'm thinking about it, it was Moses and Elijah who met Christ on the Mount of Transfiquration as well. So Moses is probably the second prophet.

Are they here now? Nope.

And TexasGrandma is right about the Jews being the 144k.

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is kind a ironic that there are two old time prophets that never had died a physical death; in keeping with the standards of the natural and spiritual law all men must die who lived before the first advent of Jesus the Christ. I therefore believe the two prophets that will be leading the pack sort of speak is Enoch and Elija. I know some believe it is Moses and Elija, however Moses mission ended before going into the promise land. The 144,000 jews are Messianic Jews of truly different order meaning they are marked and sent out to lead the world back to Jesus.

Did you know they have develope a DNA study to test people to see if they have the 4 maternal genes of the Jews. REMEMBER 12 SONS OF ISREAL WERE THE PRODUCT OF POLYGAMOS RELATIONSHIP OF LEAH, RACHEL AND THERE HANDMAIDENS.

check out

[www.saudades-sefarad.org)

THE LOST TRIBES OF JEWS ARE BEING FOUND, thru scientific analysis. I do know my parents kinfolks come from Betsaida and Gehar both areas belong to Isreal today. I do know the type of Hebrew spoken in Isreal is based on the Sefardic Hebrew pronounciation. It is sort of comparing British English to American English. Or some say Spanish to Portuguese. Aramaic is not truly dead. It is the language of the coptic Christians. Isreal of today are made up of Jewish people taking and applying for their Aliyah. One can be a Gentile in Isreal but only Jewish people can become citizens of Isreal. As there are different Christians, there are different Jews. Some Jews are religious, while others bearly resemble anything kosher. There are such people called Arab Jews. they live in Iraq, Morroco, Egypt, Jordan etc.. they just so happened to be born in those countries. One of the most interesting finds is the Indian Jews of India. Claiming to be Jews who have settled in Callcutta after the dispora. Sorry I went off the deep end.

The nutshell of this is; THE JEWS ARE BEING IDENTIFIED THRU SCIENTIFIC DNA STUDIES. In the olden Kosher identification if the a Jewish woman bore a child that child is Jewish. However nowadays DNA studies eliminate any questions of authenticy for Aliyah.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TEXASGRANDMA
Advanced Member
Member # 847

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TEXASGRANDMA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the two wittnesses are in Heaven as we speak. Now the 144 thousand preachers are probably being prepared as we speak. These are Jews who have not accepted Jesus now, but will after the rapture.
hope this helps.
betty

--------------------
Luk 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
http://www.indieheaven.com/artists/mm (son-in-law)http://www.myspace.com/mireles

Posts: 4985 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rogg
Advanced Member
Member # 5394

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rogg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone,
Lately I have been seeing different religious groups claiming that the two witnesses are here preparing for their end time peophecy.
I was taught, that they would arrive after the antichrist rises to power.
But some churches are falling into the idea that they are really here now and "sealing" their followers for the end times.
I was curious if anyone else has heard of this.

Thanks

Rog

Posts: 83 | From: St. Louis MO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement