Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » "You figure it out'

Author Topic: "You figure it out'
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David:
Is this Hal feller worth reading, in your all's opinion? Is he Scripturely sound?

I like to read Hal's stuff. He is not out to tickle ears.

Hes not the 1st best...Imho

try this http://www.swrc.com/newbookstore/books/prophecy.htm
and
http://www.swrc.com/newbookstore/books/prophecy2.htm

Also my personal choice ...

-

http://www.thruthebible.org/site/apps/ka/ec/product.asp?c=hvKSLdMYIsG&b=413289&en=kkJPJ0PRJgKNK6PRIeLMI9OUIpK3JdMQJhLULdP2JyG&ProductID=177307

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Trafield and David. I'll give him a try.
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this Hal feller worth reading, in your all's opinion? Is he Scripturely sound?

I like to read Hal's stuff. He is not out to tickle ears.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trafield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definately worth reading, WKU, but he is not a prophet (and doesn't claim to be one). He's just a guy who knows his prophecy and who stays up-to-date on world events...particularly in the Middle East.

God bless,

Tracy

Posts: 225 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to admit, I've never heard of about 90% of the names that are posted on this board. I pretty much like to just stick to the Scriptures. I do read some on-line things on prophesy, but I don't pay much attention who wrote it. Mostly a lot of it seems a little "loose" and wild speculation.

Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trafield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Im not going to waste posting space playing with you after this responce.

Thank you. [cool_shades]
Posts: 225 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 18 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by trafield:
quote:
Stop your sillyness.

First of all it is silliness, not sillyness. [cool_shades]

Not being silly at all...just making the obvious point that since Jesus is God and that he is no longer in the old flesh and has overcome death, I am sure that he now knows the exact time of his return.

Im not going to waste posting space playing with you after this responce.

#1 When someone startes out with the "correcting of spelling" thing E. It means they think they are much smarter than ya.

#2 Please post where you get this thery of yours and it MUST be from the KJV?
[wiggle7]

--------------------
That is all.....

Posts: 8775 | From: USA, MICHIGAN | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

quote:
Stop your sillyness.

First of all it is silliness, not sillyness. [cool_shades]

Not being silly at all...just making the obvious point that since Jesus is God and that he is no longer in the old flesh and has overcome death, I am sure that he now knows the exact time of his return.

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 7 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hitch:
HAL sure knows his market.

1Pet.4

1. [17] For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Feel free to register.

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 19 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it were contained within the Scriptures surely Jesus would have understood

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He understood that he was not suppose to know while in the flesh.
You can bet that He now knows the day and hour!
Even so, come Lord Jesus!
Hitch quote:
I would like to see documentation of this if this is true

Okay, Hitch, here it is...

John 10:30
"I and the Father are one."

Do you really think that Jesus is at the right hand of the Father saying like a child on a long trip, "Daddy, are we there yet?"
I don't think so, He is God.

Stop your sillyness.

--------------------
That is all.....

WildB
Member # 2917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WildB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if you baseball fans remember Hals "Satarn effect" thery. You know where all the planets align.. Now that was a Homer. Doe

--------------------
That is all.....

trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

I read 'The Late Great Plant Earth' back in the 70s, and a book he had in the 80's, 'Satan is alive and well on planet Earth.'
I have never heard him state anything as prophecy, rather only trying to interpret existing biblical prophecy like many others do.
And these books only lead to his credibility as a teacher in prophecy, not as a prophet.
He had the insight to the rise of Islamic Fundamentalism as the greatest threat to America, during the Cold War era, and has been warning about Iran for thirty years now.
I still have the old books and look back on them from time to time and to see how insightful he really was.
However, I do disagree with him on the rapture's timing. [cool_shades]

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Late GreatPlanet Earth
Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

Greetings to you, Kathy! [hug]
I said hello on another thread but you probaby hadn't been back to it.

Email me your email address when you get a chance as I've got alot to tell you about what the Lord is doing here! I have switche my IPS since we last emailed.
My new email is trafield1@earthlink.net

trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

quote:

quote:

Even so, come Lord Jesus!
Hitch quote:

Okay, Hitch, here it is...

John 10:30
"I and the Father are one."

Do you really think that Jesus is at the right hand of the Father saying like a child on a long trip, "Daddy, are we there yet?"
I don't think so, He is God.

Hitch
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kindgo:
Hal has never set "A Date"

You that say he has are bearing a false witness.

You're implying that someone here posted that HAL set 'A Date'.

I've read most of the post and didnt see that one, I dont think you did iether. But now would be a good time to reproduce your evidence or apologize

I wont hold my breath waiting.

Hitch

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
quote:

Even so, come Lord Jesus! [clap2]

Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Kindgo:

Yup. Hal was careful never to set a date in exact terms. Ethicly though there really is no difference between Hal 's nonsense and Whisenant's but at least Whiseenant was straight forward about it.

Take care

Hitch

Speaking of false witness... but then all is fair when protecting the rapture...

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings brother Tracy! [clap2]

I am glad to see you. [hug]

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

quote:

Even so, come Lord Jesus! [clap2]

trafield
Advanced Member
Member # 5358

I was surprised by this also.
I have listened to Lindsey a long, long time, and do not know him to be a date setter.
I would like to see documentation of this if this is true.

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

quote:
Originally posted by Duke:

So when people try to make these claims I honestly feel they are going to be proven wrong!

This why I shy away from "date setters". These folk do nothing more than distract those weaker in faith, especially when the year passes and nothing happens. Plus it gives the enemies of God a way to use this as a means to "discredit" Him as they continue harping on "where's the promise of His coming?" Look at all the failed people in the past who've set dates--these are used as evidence against believers coupled with taunts of "stupidity, ignorance, etc." Setting dates does nothing other than trying to glorify oneself ("look how much I know about it! See how I'm really connected with God!) and trying to second guess God.
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Duke:
One lie makes the whole truth a lie!

Thats a fact!

Why do people try to say they know what Christ did not?

Christ did not know the day or the hour!

So when people try to make these claims I honestly feel they are going to be proven wrong!

Duke
Member # 5719

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duke   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One lie makes the whole truth a lie!

Thats a fact!

Why do people try to say they know what Christ did not?

Christ did not know the day or the hour!

Posts: 6 | From: Maple Falls WA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

deletion, double post
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Well, you can also assume he was born in 1988 or 1982 given that Jesus started his ministry at age 30.

When I was a kid, I heard some speculate the beast was born in 1968 or thereabouts and thought 2001 (33 years) would be the year all the bad stuff would start.

I agree there are signs. For thousands of years, our ancestors got around by animal power. In the last 100 years, all has changed dramatically technologically speaking and clearly demonstrates "An increase of knowledge". Yes. There are signs, but I don't think we will ever know when until it happens.

Hitch
unregistered

HAL sure knows his market.
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Eduardo Grequi:
More and more today than ever- women are being artificially insemenated with sperm to remain 'TECHNICAL VIRGINS".

WOW [Eek!] That thought never entered my mind before I read this!

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A generation of time is 70 years. Even Jesus told his disciple forgive men 70 x 7. Putting this in perspective. In the old testament in the KJV- God tells the prophet if man should obey his father and mother their live shall be threescores and 10. Now I speculate the following:

Isreal has been reborn as a nation in 1948. The book of Matthew states -"Truely I say unto you , THIS generation shall not pass, until ALL these things be fulfulled". VS 34

Now since Jesus is whom I serve I take his very words to be talking about Isreal. An average lifetime is 70 years.

Some other applied generation of time is 40 years. Some other time is 20 years. A generation of time is different from a lifetime. Methusaleh lived 969 years. How many generations did he spanned?

1948 is Isreal is reborn
+70 an obedient lifetime
------

-33 the age of Jesus when He was crucified
____

1985 probable birth year of the Anti-Christ

I am assumming that the anti-christ will be a product of artifical insemenation. Born to the Judas line of the disciple. I believe the Devil as long as he can will make a mockery of each and every tenet or articles of faith- TO THE VERY POINT if it were possible to fool the very elect of God. More and more today than ever- women are being artificially insemenated with sperm to remain 'TECHNICAL VIRGINS".

Anyway Matthew 24 also state that we will not know hour or day. But we can see subtile signs occurring. An increase of knowledge, An increase worshipping the creature than the Creator. The days being compare to the very days of Noah. In Noah's day people forsook marriage and forsook the heterosexual relationships, and sought out that was un natural. Man child sleeping with Man child and women forsaking their natural use for one another. There will be wars and rumors of wars. Children will rise up against their parents. Brothers will be against brothers. To go further. One of the largest war brother against brother was faught in this land. North against the south. North Korea vs South Korea. North Vietnam against South Vietnam. ETC......

I may not be knowledgeable, but Praise the Lord He has saved me, when I answered his call (Rev 3:20).

If you see any typing errors- forgive me.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by WKUHilltopper:
quote:

Looks likeI caught you editing,,,

Yeah, forgot to address your question.

Even Jesus told his followers to be prepared. I think the idea of "prepared" is doing what's approving of God, living your life in His honor. If you're doing this, you're already prepared--regardless when it happens.

I've heard Van Impe spit out years as well. Eventhough he insists he's not a "date setter". I guess technically he's correct in that he's not claiming a certain month or day (i.e., a date). He's spouted off specific years though--one claiming 2012. But the bottomline is the same. It's second guessing the will of God and that's pretty aggrogant, in my opinion.

Its no joke when the Scripture say there wil be an accounting for every idle word. JacktheImp changes dates more often than underwear.

Take care

H

WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

quote:

Yeah, forgot to address your question.

Even Jesus told his followers to be prepared. I think the idea of "prepared" is doing what's approving of God, living your life in His honor. If you're doing this, you're already prepared--regardless when it happens.

I've heard Van Impe spit out years as well. Eventhough he insists he's not a "date setter". I guess technically he's correct in that he's not claiming a certain month or day (i.e., a date). He's spouted off specific years though--one claiming 2012. But the bottomline is the same. It's second guessing the will of God and that's pretty aggrogant, in my opinion.

Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Thunderz7:
If I'm thinking of the same Hal,
he may not have named a day and an hour,
but he has named a year at least three times, and missed three times.

T7

I just today noticed he advertizes here,,,,
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I'm thinking of the same Hal,
he may not have named a day and an hour,
but he has named a year at least three times, and missed three times.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by WKUHilltopper:
I don't believe you can tag a time period on generation. The Scriptures tell us that man's life is pretty much tapped out at 120 years. The Scriptures don't tell us that "everyone in that generation" will live to see it. It could be that one or two people 120 years old or more from this generation could see this. For that matter, God could allow one or more folks to live beyond 120 years from this generation. So in that manner, it would be in keeping with His word.

I just don't think anyone is going to be able to fiqure out precisely what God intends to do.

Well that shows what 'raptureism' does better than anything I can say.

But to answer your question, I think this is false preaching. Too many people are tempted to come up with dates. They ought to leave it alone and respect God when He tells us that not even Christ knows the time. Whenever someone touts "1981" or some other date, all it accomplishes is the destruction of one's weak faith anyway and may cause them to abandon it completely.

Yup. Hal was careful never to set a date in exact terms. Ethicly though there really is no difference between Hal 's nonsense and Whisenant's but at least Whiseenant was straight forward about it.

Take care

Hitch

WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

I don't believe you can tag a time period on generation. The Scriptures tell us that man's life is pretty much tapped out at 120 years. The Scriptures don't tell us that "everyone in that generation" will live to see it. It could be that one or two people 120 years old or more from this generation could see this. For that matter, God could allow one or more folks to live beyond 120 years from this generation. So in that manner, it would be in keeping with His word.

I just don't think anyone is going to be able to fiqure out precisely what God intends to do.

But to answer your question, I think this is false preaching. Too many people are tempted to come up with dates. They ought to leave it alone and respect God when He tells us that not even Christ knows the time. Whenever someone touts "1981" or some other date, all it accomplishes is the destruction of one's weak faith anyway and may cause them to abandon it completely.

Hitch
unregistered

'A generation in the Bible is something like 40 years'., So said the not so late or great HAL. Followed by years of paid speaking engaements touting the high probablity of 'rapture' by 1981, citing a 40 year generation begining in 1948 and allowing for 7 years of great tribulation.

Of course when all this ,despite 'proofs' too numerous and varied to list here ,failed to reult in 'rapture', HAL just changed the dates and sold you a bunch more books.

Is he teaching false doctrine? As HAL used to say closing his 'sermons' 'You figure it out."

Take care

Hitch

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement