Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Azusa Street and Rick Warren?

Author Topic: Azusa Street and Rick Warren?
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Thunderz7:
I seriously doubt the Methodist and other Christian folks at Azusa in 1906 would care if -
Paula White can scream louder than Rod Parsley;
if Parsley would be better on Broadway than Jakes;
if Price has mended fences with the Hagin Camp.

I'm sure those who had an "upper room" experience in 1906 would wonder what in the world Hinn is talking about and where he has escaped from.

Yes, this does look like the Laodicean convention Rev.3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Since ranting and raving just goes in circles and never stops, nor makes real sense to anyone except the raver, I will now shut up.
T7

Makes sense to me Bro [thumbsup2]

I may not know the first thing about Azusa Street, but I do know the folks named on that list (including Warren - and others not listed) lead the way in the great Apostacy.

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 20 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rarely point the finger at a particular group or minister, but this makes me want to rant and rave.

I seriously doubt the Methodist and other Christian folks at Azusa in 1906 would care if -
Paula White can scream louder than Rod Parsley;
if Parsley would be better on Broadway than Jakes;
if Price has mended fences with the Hagin Camp.

I'm sure those who had an "upper room" experience in 1906 would wonder what in the world Hinn is talking about and where he has escaped from.

Yes, this does look like the Laodicean convention Rev.3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Seems near every "move of God" has somehow gotten turned into a denomination by man, and focus on only one thing;
these Laodiceans are so far removed from the denominations that came from Azusa in 1906 that they shouldn't be called Penticostal at all.

Since ranting and raving just goes in circles and never stops, nor makes real sense to anyone except the raver, I will now shut up.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
God bless you Sis;

Warren is listed on their official brochure:

http://www.azusastreet100.net/Images/bulletin_color.jpg

Seems to be true then. Maybe he hadn't officially signed on when the website list was posted. Or maybe my eyes are just not what they used to be.

And to think we missed the "Spiritual Experience of a Lifetime".

Bummer for us! [Wink]

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God bless you Sis;

Warren is listed on their official brochure:

http://www.azusastreet100.net/Images/bulletin_color.jpg

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ran across this little "jingle" on another forum. It was suggested that maybe it should have been the theme song for the Azusa celebration.

Laodicea are we.
Lukewarm as we can be.
It's all about me, me, me.
Cause Laodicea are we.

[dance] [dance] [dance]

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 5 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Article Here

Have any of you seen footage of the Azusa Street Centennial celebration? I'm wondering about Rick Warren's possible involvement.

The guest speaker list reads like a who's who of prosperity teachers - Benny Hinn, T.D.Jakes, the Copelands, Paula White, Fred Price, Rod Parsley, Jerry Savelle, etc.

Jack Hayford led the Pastors' Training Conference by the way, for any who watch or listen to him.

Anyway, when I went to the official Azusa Street website, I couldn't find Warren mentioned, as alluded to by the attached article.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement