Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » JustForFun

Author Topic: JustForFun
Hitch
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David:
quote:
Originally posted by Hitch:
He is behind Wake Up America,, if memory serves. ( I can locate the url if you need it)

You might like reading him, I do it just for kicks.

I call this promoting it.
Originally posted by Kindgo:
So Hitch what is your point?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I enjoy pointing out the foibles and failuers of end time sayers of sooth. Some folks like to cover them up and act as though it never happened. But at least this guy had the conviction to say what he thought 'soon' meant. And you can still buy his charts,,, but on the other hand,,, this teaching is false,, isnt it? And isnt that the point of this section of the forum?

Or it only for non furturist based false teaching?"

'"

LOL I reckon this is all cleared up

H

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
He is behind Wake Up America,, if memory serves. ( I can locate the url if you need it)

I call this promoting it.
Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by WKUHilltopper:
quote:
quote:
Who is Larry Wilson? Is he a guy worth reading?

H

Sure, thanks. Is he worthwhile? A heretic? Reasonable?
Well,,, Tell me did you think I put it on this thread because it seemed reasonable? Actually reading the last few posts it looks like you might be trying to set something up. Alas I was aware only of his failed prognostications. But 'reasonable' as reasonable as most futurist schemes,,,
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Larry Wilson is an ex-Seventh-day Adventist. Still teaches similar doctrines. Saturday Sabbath must be kept for salvation, worship on Sunday is the "Mark of the Beast", etc.. He seems to not adhere to Ellen White, the SDA prophetess.

Hitch don't promote SDA stuff on the message board. First and only warning!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

WKUHilltopper I would stay away from the SDA law keepers. If you don't know why let me know and I will send you some information.

Id like an explanation Dave. Exactly how is placing this drivel on the Exposing False Teaching forum 'promoting' it?

Wirh such logic saying Joey Smith is a false prophet is promotiong LDS.

Hitch
unregistered

quote:
quote:
Larry Wilson is an ex-Seventh-day Adventist. Still teaches similar doctrines. Saturday Sabbath must be kept for salvation, worship on Sunday is the "Mark of the Beast", etc.. He seems to not adhere to Ellen White, the SDA prophetess.

WKUHilltopper I would stay away from the SDA law keepers. If you don't know why let me know and I will send you some information.

Thanks for the heads up, David. I don't have any interest in the SDA "ramblings".

Interesting inuendo. Exactly what from my post do you think includes a promotion of SDA Stuff?

Ahh nevedr mind I see where you got it.

WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Thanks for the heads up, David. I don't have any interest in the SDA "ramblings".
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WKUHilltopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

H

Sure, thanks. Is he worthwhile? A heretic? Reasonable?
Posts: 259 | From: KY | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:

H

WKUHilltopper
Advanced Member
Member # 5472

Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Artbook:
If you count all your posts in the last 2 days, Hitch, you have over 50 posts. None that I could find were edifying, mostly poking fun and criticizing anyone who posts contrary to your views.

You missed FirstResurrection
quote:

So why are you wasting your time with us "futurists"?

Where do you go to church or do you go anywhere?
How about a statement of faith so we know what you believe?

Ok You first
quote:

As for that word "soon" you keep bringing up, I also believe the return of our Lord Jesus Christ is very soon, even at the doors. No time in history has the world been in such a state as it is now. Suicide killers, nuclear weapons that can disintergrate the world in 30 minutes and with bird flu threats, mad cow threats and global chaos, just how long do you think it can go on like this?

Can you define 'soon' as used above in less abiguous terms of weeks months years etc? And directly realted to your question let me ask you when was life better than today?
quote:

We are on the brink, and unless the Lord intervenes in the affairs of men, no flesh will survive. Hense our Lords coming is soon, maybe months, maybe a few more years but the world cannot go on at its present rate of evil.
We look for His coming!

Really ? Most of you look for the antichrist and the fabled revived Roman Empire. But while you're waiting doest simple logic say that it is much more likely you will meet the Lord through death like the vast majority of mankind, and that this will come 'soon' say 50 years or less?

Take care

Hitch

Artbook
Member # 5690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Artbook     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you count all your posts in the last 2 days, Hitch, you have over 50 posts. None that I could find were edifying, mostly poking fun and criticizing anyone who posts contrary to your views.
So why are you wasting your time with us "futurists"?
Where do you go to church or do you go anywhere?
How about a statement of faith so we know what you believe.?
As for that word "soon" you keep bringing up, I also believe the return of our Lord Jesus Christ is very soon, even at the doors. No time in history has the world been in such a state as it is now. Suicide killers, nuclear weapons that can disintergrate the world in 30 minutes and with bird flu threats, mad cow threats and global chaos, just how long do you think it can go on like this?
We are on the brink, and unless the Lord intervenes in the affairs of men, no flesh will survive. Hense our Lords coming is soon, maybe months, maybe a few more years but the world cannot go on at its present rate of evil.
We look for His coming!

--------------------
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Posts: 6 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Kindgo:

I enjoy pointing out the foibles and failuers of end time sayers of sooth. Some folks like to cover them up and act as though it never happened. But at leasdt this guy had the conviction to say what he though 'soon' meant. Adn you can still buy his charts,,, but on the other hand,,, this teaching is false,, isnt it? And isnt that the point of this section of the forum?

Or it only for non furturist based false teaching?

H

H

Kindgo
Advanced Member
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kindgo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
God bless,
Kindgo

Inside the will of God there is no failure. Outside the will of God there is no success.

Posts: 4320 | From: Sunny Florida | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hitch
unregistered

Believe it or not, I was just looking over this guy's site and the next article I found was this one, the OP below:

"Sometime ago I was a guest on a radio talk show. The host was somewhat amused at my boldness in asserting that we are living in Earth’s final days. He asked, "So, what leads you, Mr. Wilson, to believe that I am living at the end of the world?" It was obvious from his question that he was taunting me and understandably so! How many times during the past 2,000 years have Christians cried, "Wolf-wolf?" How many times has it been said, "The end of the world is just around the corner?" I tried to deflect his skepticism by saying there are two kinds of evidence that prove we are living at the end of the world. The first evidence is "general," the second is "apocalyptic." General evidence is all around us and can be easily observed. Apocalyptic evidence is even more affirming, but apocalyptic prophecy requires study and understanding."

Foreboding Signs of the End
Day Star
June, 2000

Well Larry you're batting a thousand so far...
by Larry Wilson

Hitch
unregistered

Although the Bible does not precisely state when the end of the age will occur, it does offer enough data to determine a "window of time" during which the end of the age happens. For example, if a person totals all the prophetic time-periods in Daniel and Revelation, the genealogical records of Genesis and Exodus, and the years from the Exodus to the fall of Jerusalem in 586 B.C., the Bible only refers to 7,000 years (plus or minus 70 years). We know that the 1,000 years of Revelation 20 occurs after The Great Tribulation. This suggests that on or about the 6,000 year-mark, life as we now know it will come to an end. According to my calculations, The Great Tribulation could begin any time. Maybe the end of the age will occur sometime between 1998 and 2002 -- but the passage of time will have to reveal the actual date. This much is certain, all of the world will notice the commencement of The Great Tribulation for it is marked with one of four global earthquakes and other celestial signs. (See Revelation 8:5.)

Are Your Prepared for This?
Day Star
January, 1996

by Larry Wilson

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement