Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » More bad purpose(less) driven fallout

Author Topic: More bad purpose(less) driven fallout
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by wparr:
[QB] WHY is this a danger with a negative fallout of the purpose driven church / seeker friendly style of church?

Because many of them are rejecting this "new way of church" and fleeing to the RCC and legalistic / works oriented denominations.

In rejecting the "wordly style" they go to the opposite ditch of traditions and rituals.

They sense a reverence of God there (though NOT according to TRUTH)

Matthew 7:13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

[Cross] [Prayer] [Bible] [Prayer]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you Walt, and this is not a new thing. It is the same reason that many flock to the cults like Mormonism, JW, and even Islam. They are looking for a sense of reverence and holiness and discipline that they are not finding in mainstream Christianity, but believe is supposed to be there. Several years ago now, when I was in NonProfit Fund Development, I had the opportunity to work with wives whose husbands were over seas in the military and you would be astounded at the number of young Christian men that convert to Islam for just these reasons that you have spoken of here. It is a tragedy and it is on the back of the church who has allowed worldliness to seep and now flood in with every increasing speed and force.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
by_grace
Advanced Member
Member # 5340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for by_grace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can relate to this pesonally walt,

Our former church went purpose driven and it changed real quick. It became man-centered and entertainment focused.

Even the dress became unbecoming for church.

we had two services going at once...one called the "celebration" service and it was so loud you would swear you were at a rock concert.

I have no problem with contemporary music, etc...but this was way beyond that.

You could not understand the words.
I had a friend who went to that service and remarked after that it was like being at nightclub.

Ok, that is not even the main reason we left...it was that the pastor changed and started requiring membership classes and at the end of each class we were to sign a covenent....all this came from the book The Purpose Driven Church. His messages also changes, gone were the days of real preaching against sin.
Also he changes the alter call...it was just "slip your hand up and repeat this prayer...
Rick Warren speaks of getting rid of members who do not agree to change...he calls the pastors "change agaents".

He calls those dissentors- "diseased" and liken them leaving to getting rid of a cancer.

Interstingly enough...those are the fundemental beleivers...Rick says he thinks they are a dying breed...sadly that is true.

He says his mentor is Rober Schuller...yikes.
this man denies that Christ is the only way to Heaven!!!

there is more, much much more.

bygrace

--------------------
To "love thy neighbor as thyself" is not expressed by forfeiting, twisting or reinterpreting the Word of God for the cause of unity. It is expressed by hearing, obeying and proclaiming the whole council of God regardless of whom it might offend.

Posts: 25 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 9 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been made aware of another area of danger of the purpose driven church / seeker friendly style of church that I have not seen discussed yet.

It comes from the people that see it, and rather than being overtaken by it, they reject it.

They see the worship as more entertainment than REAL worship of God Almighty.

They DON'T see a reverence of God.

They don't hear / see /experience The Holliness of God.

As one man put it to me "I don't want to go into a church that looks and acts like the world"

WHY is this a danger with a negative fallout of the purpose driven church / seeker friendly style of church?

Because many of them are rejecting this "new way of church" and fleeing to the RCC and legalistic / works oriented denominations.

In rejecting the "wordly style" they go to the opposite ditch of traditions and rituals.

They sense a reverence of God there (though NOT according to TRUTH)

They are confused by the improper "spinning and handling" of Scripture so they go where they are told that we CAN'T understand The Bible and need a "God established authority" (ie popes, bishops ect) to tell them what to think.

That is why many are turning away from "evangelical" churches into the open comforting arms of the great ***** of babylon.

The enemy is gaining victory on 2 different fronts (3 if you count the people that flat out walk away from it all) using the same weapon of disception.

The people that run from the one pit, just turn and fall into another (just as deadly) pit.

Do you also see and understand the additional dangers of Rick Warren / Joel Osteen / WOF ect.. [1zhelp] [crying]

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement