Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » are we talking about salvation or about rewards?

Author Topic: are we talking about salvation or about rewards?
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
are we talking bout salvation or about rewards? That makes a big difference.

I think the church owes it to itself to make a sure distinction to what is required for salvation and what is required for rewards.

Because I do want to make it clear that salvation by itself is already a spectacular thing.

To also receive rewards from the Lord God Yeshua-Jesus is wonderful, but let us not in the process depreciate the value of salvation. That would be wholly wrong.

Salvation is totally spectacular and wonderful and amazing, an astonishing thing in its own right. Rewards are more, cool, you know.

are we talking about salvation or about rewards?

It makes a big difference and the brothers and sisters of the bornagain church of Jesus Christ should learn to specify whether we (or they) are talking about salvation or only about rewards, Amen?

Bear with me a moment as this is a response to your question.

Several years ago I did order some Chick tract publications, and every so often Chick will send me a new tract and a brochure to order their tracts.

They sent me one called "Four Angels". It was about 4 brothers and how they each lived their life after accepting Christ at a tent revival when they were children. It was obvious that 3 of the brothers didn't really repent due to their attitude in accepting Christ as they were thinking things like "this will get mom off my back", etc. So 3 weren't saved anyway, yet the tract makes it look like they think they were saved and tried to live a Christain life.

One became a famous megachurch preacher who didn't preach about repentance. The brother who was saved wouldn't eat a meal with him at their family reunion because the former was a "fornicator" as he had been married 4 times.

It also goes on to say that the 3 who were just professing a false Salvation used to have angels, but that those angels had left them long ago due to their sin.

While the tract does have a gospel message on how to get saved, it also has false doctrine about Angels. And it kind of leans toward Salvation by Works. The "saved" brother is shown as showing love and kindness to derelicts and prostitutes, but he fails to show any mercy or love to his own brothers.

Chick Tracts are very troubling to say the least, I would never use them to give out.

It never shows how Salvation can change the derelict or the prostitue's life, it just shows how "good" the saved person is for ministering to them, for his own reward.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
are we talking bout salvation or about rewards? That makes a big difference.

I think the church owes it to itself to make a sure distinction to what is required for salvation and what is required for rewards.

Because I do want to make it clear that salvation by itself is already a spectacular thing.

To also receive rewards from the Lord God Yeshua-Jesus is wonderful, but let us not in the process depreciate the value of salvation. That would be wholly wrong.

Salvation is totally spectacular and wonderful and amazing, an astonishing thing in its own right. Rewards are more, cool, you know.

are we talking about salvation or about rewards?

It makes a big difference and the brothers and sisters of the bornagain church of Jesus Christ should learn to specify whether we (or they) are talking about salvation or only about rewards, Amen?

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement