Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Satan's Favorite Holiday

Author Topic: Satan's Favorite Holiday
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
becauseHElives, I did not say that I call the feast Easter. I don't. But I used to. And in and of itself, celebrating Easter is a good start, and then we can be "instructed in the more perfect way" as we go along.

But I don't believe in this hardnose "it's either perfectly celebrated with all the totally right names, etc.", or else it is zero-no-good, that is nonsense to me.

When it comes to sinful men, God will take what He can get and will straighten it all out later

Except for salvation; what must be believed for THAT must be done in a very specific way; Jesus is the only way.

As for the pattern you mentioned, Jesus had fulfilled the pattern of the Tabernacle and the OT Passover; He is all of those and the OT was a shadow or figure or pattern of Jesus.

God bless, BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 15 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
BA, Even with all the pagan traditions which were attached to this season over the centuries, Satan can be none too happy with the fact that plenty of people are reminded by this holiday season that Jesus is our Passover and rose again on the third day.

"There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death."
[Proverbs 16:25]

“There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.”
Proverbs 14:12

People that claim the pattern makes no difference, we can do what ever we want in approaching YAHWEH.

This attitude in a small child just learning what pleases his father, is some what expectable

But in a full grown child, that has his Father instruction and a special teach given especially to help this individual do everything just as the father has ask 9This child if he really is a child will find himself very displeasing to his father.

I want to please the Heavenly Father, I do not care what the excepted tradition is.

Easter is a pagan feast any way you slice it. You can have my slice of that. If I were the only person on the planet to follow the right way, the Truth, hated and made fun of at every turn. I chose to follow the Truth.

I want life, I want to be like Yeshua.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
The word "month" in the OT is the Hebrew word "kodesh", wich means "sword", and the phrase "first month" is actually "first kodesh" or "first sword", or, "new moon".

You need to brush up on your Hebrew BA...
Kodesh means Holy.

From the Blue Letter Bible:

Pronounciation Guide: qodesh {ko'-desh}

1) apartness, holiness, sacredness, separateness

a) apartness, sacredness, holiness

1) of God

2) of places

3) of things

b) set-apartness, separateness

The Hebrew word for Sword is: chereb {kheh'-reb}

The Hebrew word for Month is: chodesh {kho'-desh}

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, becauseHElives, you write
quote:
Have you ever wondered why a date of such revered status should be subject to the variations of the sun and moon?

The answer to these questions is easily verified in any encyclopedia. The time, the customs, and the traditions of Easter all come from ancient pagan, anti-Christian, religious celebrations.

Maybe I am mistaken, but wasn't the day of Passover in the Old Testament (OT) also dependent on the arrival of the new moon, and this moon varied in its arrival?

The word "month" in the OT is the Hebrew word "kodesh", wich means "sword", and the phrase "first month" is actually "first kodesh" or "first sword", or, "new moon".

Leviticus 23:5
In the fourteenth day of the first month {Hebrew, first kodesh} at even is the LORD's passover.

Personally I think it is absurd to call Easter celebrations "Satan's favorite holiday". Even with all the pagan traditions which were attached to this season over the centuries, Satan can be none too happy with the fact that plenty of people are reminded by this holiday season that Jesus is our passover and rose again on the third day.

God bless, BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought Holloween was Satan day's!

Apart from all the pagan garbage on Easter, Celebrating the Passover and the day of Resurrection is a very unique time for each Christian to remember what God has done for us the world. John 3:16

An imagination is a terrible thing to waste.
Imagine this- You forget to say amen before Jesus raptured the church- are you saved.

I would rather have my child find eggs on Easter, then play those things they call games. Parental supervision is a must. Do you tell your children , Santa is coming- Or do you really tell them the true story about the myth of Santa Clause.

Jesus truly did arise of the first day of the week. And boy what a name to call the Friday before. Good Friday! What is good about it? Knowing our Saviour was being ripped apart that day. That is truly an oxy-moron.

I know about the pagan day of Easter- It has nothing to do with Jesus. If you are a Parent be realistic to your children about this. Any tradition that is past on, should be based on sound teaching or family culture.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we are coming up to the exalted day of Satan, where so called Church goers everywhere will willingly give place to Satan by their participation by word and or deed in the Easter Celebration.

Easter Sunday is defined to be the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Vernal Equinox (March 21, which is the first day of spring)?

Have you ever wondered why a date of such revered status should be subject to the variations of the sun and moon?

The answer to these questions is easily verified in any encyclopedia. The time, the customs, and the traditions of Easter all come from ancient pagan, anti-Christian, religious celebrations.

Easter was originally a pagan festival in honor of the Goddess of Spring. It is amazing how something as vile as the original Easter festivals could now be thought to glorify Yeshua.

Listen to what the prophet Jeremiah wrote on this subject around 2,600 years ago.

Jeremiah 10:2
2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
Sunrise worship services didn't originate with Christian churches. They have been a part of pagan practices that predate Christianity by thousands of years. The prophet Ezekiel was shown the following abominations that were practiced in Israel about 2,500 years ago.

Ezekiel 8:15-18
15 Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these.
16 And he brought me into the inner court of the LORD's house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the lord, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east.
17 Then he said unto me Hast thou seen this, O son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? for they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to their nose.
18 Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them.
Isn't it interesting that in order to participate in that sunrise worship service, those chosen men of Israel had to turn their backs on the temple of the LORD. They were not serving the Lord, but were involved in an abomination against him. We need to be very careful that we aren't doing the same thing. We need to be like the noble Bereans.

Acts 17:11
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

II Timothy 3:16-17
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

The Feast of Israel are found directly in Scripture and teach about Yeshua and His fulfilment of Scripture. This is why Satan hates the Feast of Isael and does not want the Child of Yahweh to study them and reflect on thier importance.

Ask yourself where did the customs and traditions of Easter come from. How do bunny rabbits, colored eggs, hot-cross buns, baskets, hats, new clothes, sunrise worship services, lilies, and all the other Easter traditions glorify Yeshua. Who told you to do these things.

Are they part of being furnished unto all good works as we read above, or are they something other than good works.

It is evident that Easter is pagan. It has pagan origins, includes pagan traditions, and incorporates pagan practices that are expressly forbidden in the word of God. The question is, should Christians have any part in a pagan holiday? The Bible is very clear that they should not.

II Timothy 2:19 b
9 Let everyone that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

II Corinthians 6:16-18
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? For ye are the temple of God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17 Wherefore, come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18 And I will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

James 4:17
17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Colossians 2:16,17
16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you ... with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.
17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. (NIV)

http://www.lightofmashiach.org/colossians_2.html

Gal 4:10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.

http://www.messianic.com/scripts/gal.htm

How Should Christians Glorify Jesus Christ?

I Corinthians 15:1-4
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and in which ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures .

Christians are commanded to give their lives to Christ. This is much harder than simply celebrating his birth, death, and resurrection; so it isn't as popular. Only by yielding their lives to Yeshua and His word (the Bible), can Christians know the perfect will of God.

Romans 12:1-2
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of Yahweh, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto Yahweh, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of Yahweh.

This verse should hold a great power over our lives. The Apostle Paul pleads with us, by the highest possible pleading, to live for Yahweh.

He wants us to consider our bodies to be a living sacrifice. Paul is asking for our lives to be like the Jewish animal sacrifices, whose bodies were killed for the sake of the one making the offering. He wants us to consider ourselves dead to this world and therefore serve the Lord in everything we do.

Paul says that this is just our reasonable service, not the best we can do, but just our reasonable service. Christians should glorify Yeshua by living for him.

Won't you give your life to the service of Yeshua in everything that you do. Read the Bible. Seek out Christians that want to serve the Lord above everything else.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement