Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Misguided Pleasantry of Life

Author Topic: Misguided Pleasantry of Life
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The word " Christian means Christ-like". How many lost souls demostrated Christ-like qualities,but deny the very deity and existance of Jesus the Christ. There are millions who do this everyday. They seemed to love everyone thru self-love and not Holy Love. You see these people who call themselves christians- identify with goodnes ( or what they preceive to be good.) But rock the boat and condemn their self-peity, the bite like wolves, and become devils.
Nicodemus said Good Master to Jesus and Jesus said to him why do you say good? There is only one good, and He is the Faither.(parafrazed)
The proof is in the pudding, the pudding is the word and his righteousness.

Now a misguided pleasantry of life is love, most seem genium but lost.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a bornagain Christian does not read the Word and does not bother using the access to the Holy Spirit, that bornagain Christian will continue to loooook and beeeee like a carnal Christian, a babe in Christ. But at least, in Christ. That person is not moved by God because that person does not do what it takes to be moved and changed by God. So s/he stays where God found him or her.

BORN AGAIN by the [Cross]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you think that some he saves and leaves them where they were? I am not sure I understand what you are saying? Are we all not being transformed into the image of Christ? What did I miss?
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

sister helpforhomeschoolers writes
quote:
but even more He loves us enough not to leave us where He found us!
well, I don't think that's how it works. The LORD God of Israel has already given us all the tools we need to change and wash our minds and hearts with, namely the Word of God and access to the Holy Spirit. The LORD God has done His Thing; now it is up to us.

Do I want Him, or not? O taste and see that the LORD is good!

A carnal Christian is one who is somewhat indifferent to changing much; they'll just take the free gift of eternal life and they think that's all there is.

But there are Christians who are making better use of the tools that the LORD has left for our education and these are washed by the Word of God and by their access to the Holy Spirit.

For sure, their interests will change of what was once interesting and fun, is no longer interesting and fun but, in retrospect, is astonishingly empty. I've said it before but when I now look for a moment at worldly musicians who have made it onto Jay Leno et al., I am astonished that the drivel coming out of their mouths is consired music worthy of being displayed on the national level, and that I apparently liked it at one point! I'm greatly ashamed to say so.

sister helpforhomeschoolers, you wrote:
quote:
but even more he loves us enough not to leave us where He found us!
it is now time for us to find our new us. The Word of God isn't changing; but what the Holy Spirit says to us to help us and comfort, in that regard you will be right, that, provided we listen, God will indeed not leave us where He found us.

God bless, BORN AGAIN by the [Cross]

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

brother Eduardo Grequi, you write
quote:
When a person whose MAIN GOAL it is to lead people from sound doctrine and scriptural teaching do it through love-people in general will follow. Humans thrive on love and acceptance.
dear brother, do you know a Christian person whose main goal it is to lead people from sound doctrine? I have known quite a few Christians whose doctrine isn't 100% correct, but I have never personally met a Christian whose main goal it is to lead people from sound doctrine?

Except a rare case of Elmer Gantry-ism, is it not true that it hardly ever happens that a Christian's main goal is to lead people from sound doctine. That's sound nice in rhetoric, but it does not exist in reality in today's society.

dear brother, give me your best guestimate; how may people in your church have the main goal of leading people from sound doctrine. What? One? Only the pastor? [Big Grin]

The Greeks had a word for it: paranoia. it means, "when things are going too good, we better look out for something bad is sure to happen." [Bible]

May God bless us all. I am BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross] of Lord God Yeshua-Jesus
"I never get used to what You do and to what You knew"

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good post Brother.

The other day I was thinking on this scripture of Philippians 4:8; God changed my view over the years of that scripture. I used to see it as... think on these things, dont look at things that are not these things.

It is funny because that caused me to misunderstand a brother who used to post news here. I once ranted on him terribly asking him why he always posted the enemy's work. I quoted that scripture at him. I did not understand at that time the watchers that sit at the post at the top of the city walls and warn of impending danger.

God is good; because God taught me through this brother to value all parts of the body even those that I did not understand; and God taught me we do not need to put our selves inside "Christian Bubbles" we are 'Bubbles" ; God by HIS spirit has sealed us that we can walk in the world in our sealed little bubble and not be part of the world,because we are Sealed lamps of Holy Ghost lighted Bubbles all unto ourselves.

Now when I see the carnage of the enemy; I dont have to hide my eyes. I can look and I can see his antics and I can warn the people in the city, but I do not have to let that junk in my Bubble and if I stay in the spirit I wont.

I can walk in the most evil of places and still see Jesus... which is what Philippians 4:8 speaks of... this is a person:

true,honest,just,pure,lovely, of a good report; virtue, and praise,

When I see the murder and mayhem in this world; when I see the false teachers an the sin and the world in the church... these things cause me to think on Jesus and be comforted to know that he is soon to return... they cause me to thinnk on Jesus and know that God is in control and these things must come to pass;it is all in the plan.

When I hear of an earthquake I think on Jesus he said there would be earthquakes; when I hear of another war... I think on Jesus, he said there would be wars and rumors of wars; when I look at yet another apostasy; I think on Jesus he said there would be many; when I hear a TV preacher spouting his lies; I think on Jesus he said wolves would be out there... you get the picture.

Jesus... are we looking for him?

Luke 21:36 Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Acts 20:31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

1 Corinthians 16:13 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

Colossians 4:2 Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;

1 Thessalonians 5:6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Needless to say; I had to repent to God for my error and apologize to my brother.

Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

God's LOVE is the best kind of love; He loves us enough to come to us where we are; but even more he loves us enough not to leave us where He found us!
[hug]

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes a MISGUIDED PLEASANTRY OF LIFE is love!

When a person whose main goal is to lead people from sound doctrine and scriptural teaching do it through love- PEOPLE IN GENERAL WILL FOLLOW. Humans thrieve on love and acceptance.

Throughout the ages, most religions were built on the need to belong and to be adored if I show, any type of love and power, people will follow.

Love is an important gift from God. When used appropiately- it builds good charachter.
When used inappropiately, the flesh soon reigns and any likeness to that of God above is soon gone. (Romans 1)

Jesus- taught love and lived the final episode of love-

Greater love hath no man than this-that he lay down his life for a friend.
(John15:13)

(Romans 5:8) BUT GOD commendeth his love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners CHRIST died for us.

If one is swayed because of love, and do not take in count the other fruits- the spiritual diet of that person is lacking and many things go wrong.

The fruits of the Spirit are: LOVE, JOY,PEACE,LONGSUFFERING,GENTLENESS,GOODNESS,FAITH,MEEKNESS AND TEMPERANCE (GAL 5:22-23)

A person is like a seedling. It has an inward part, a middle part and an outward part. All three makes that seed as well compared to the body it makes that person.

In the handling of time, when we become Christians- love, joy, and peace are the infant stages of character that takes us through life.

Longsuffering, gentleness and goodness comes along and builds up Our Love, Our Joy, and Our Peace that we can endure with gentleness and goodness in any situation.

Finally faith, meekness, and temperance is the quality of our love. If we are meek, pride will not abound. If we have faith, doubt will not take root. If we love our neighbor as our self, we show good temperance.

After all Jesus did, and so should we.

Fruits of the Spirit, gives us the bases to mediate on the scriptures correctly (Joshua 1:8&9)

Philipians 4 challenge each and every believer to be in the correct mind and spiiritual readiness and how to get there.

Philippians 4:8

Finally Brethern, whatsoever things are true,
whatsoever things are honest,
whatsoever things are just,
whatsoever things are pure,
whatsoever things are lovely,
whatsoever things are of a good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

As a believer, I am challenge to walk worthy of Jesus. After all Jesus is true, honest, just, pure,lovely and many people ih his day gave a good report. We should praise him because He is the reason and the only reason for the fruit of Spirit and central point in our meditation.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement