Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Don't Be Deceived by False Teachers! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Don't Be Deceived by False Teachers!
WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by David:
>>> You can not forgive someone that does not ask to be forgiven.

This statement did not come out right. Please forgive me, I repent. I did not mean it like it sounded. I do say things, thinking that others know what I mean. My mistake.

I really did not mean that you should not forgive someone if they don't ask. You should forgive them and in love rebuke them. Never endorse their sin. We should always in love bring it to the light.

I mean the person that does not ask to be forgiven, is steal guilty of the offence to God until they repent of it. So even if you forgive them their sin is not forgive by God. If they are a born-again child of God they will repent, as the Holy Spirit will not let them continue in the sin. If they are not born-again they will continue in the sin and it will not bother them. You can tell by their fruits if they have repented, the will not continue in the sin.

Amen! Thanks for clarifying that. I agree! [clap2]
Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 21:16
And said to Him, Do you hear what these say? Then Jesus said to them, Yes; have you never read, Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings You have perfected praise?

happy Passover of Christ, brother J4Jesus:

"Father, I bring young brother J4Jesus before You; Father, I ask you that since Jesus already died, that You will protect J4Jesus in his household and that he may eat at Your table even while he is in his own house."

"Let J4Jesus have victory in his home, and give J4Jesus some good bait to fish his family with, Lord God Yeshua-Jesus. Lord, give us wisdom."

James 1:5
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God who gives to all men liberally, and does not upbraid us; and it shall be given him.

Bless the LORD God of Israel; only He is the Creator of heaven and earth.

Thanks to U, I am BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross] of Lord God Yeshua-Jesus

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4Jesus
unregistered

what?

why do ya'll get excited over other's preaching?

Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen David!!!!!!

We are to forgive all.

The murderer, the thief, the child abuser, the liar, the false prophets, the deceivers who blindly defend WOF/Positive Confession, but we are NOT to stand by and allow crimes/deceptions to continue un-adressed.

Our most fervent prayer is that the eyes of the blind will be opened and the shackels of deception be broken, and the deceived who so blindly defend such as Benny Hinn will repent and turn to God's Truth. May the false prophets of WOF/Positive Confession repent of their heresy.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>>> Do all (who worry about the heresy from within the church) pray earnestly for the ministers that they accuse???????????????

Yes you are correct. We need to be in prayer for them. But we are not to lead others to them nor condone what they are doing.

Pray they repent and turn to God before it is to late.

2 Peter 2:1 through 2 Peter 2:17 (NIV)
1But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.
4For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell,£ putting them into gloomy dungeons£ to be held for judgment; 5if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men 8(for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)—9if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue godly men from trials and to hold the unrighteous for the day of judgment, while continuing their punishment.£ 10This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the sinful nature£ and despise authority.
Bold and arrogant, these men are not afraid to slander celestial beings; 11yet even angels, although they are stronger and more powerful, do not bring slanderous accusations against such beings in the presence of the Lord. 12But these men blaspheme in matters they do not understand. They are like brute beasts, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like beasts they too will perish.
13They will be paid back with harm for the harm they have done. Their idea of pleasure is to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their pleasures while they feast with you.£ 14With eyes full of adultery, they never stop sinning; they seduce the unstable; they are experts in greed—an accursed brood! 15They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Beor, who loved the wages of wickedness. 16But he was rebuked for his wrongdoing by a donkey—a beast without speech—who spoke with a man’s voice and restrained the prophet’s madness.

(surely we don't have to wait until God has to use a donkey, we should do as the bible tells us and rebuke them. May God never have to use a donkey because we don't want to do ask He asks. Remember we are here to server God, not God serve us. We will have to do things we don't like to in love for those that are hanging over hell, let's do our best to pull them back from the flames.)

1 John 4:1 (NIV)
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
Does one forgive the murderer and stand aside and allow them to continue to murder?

Does one forgive the thief and stand aside and allow them to continue to steal?

Does one forgive the liar and then continue to allow their lies to go unchallenged?

Certainly we can forgive the iniquity of the false teachers, but we cannot stand aside and allow them to wrest scripture and preach deception unchallenged.

Certainly we forgive any deceivers who blindly support false prophets, but we cannot let your apologetics lead others astray.

Amen!

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Quote by Me -> David
>>> If you are suggesting that everyone is going to heaven because they are all forgiven then you are deceptive and will cause people to go to HELL. And their blood will be on your hands.

Meaning if you condone the false gospel preachers and it causes someone to be mislead because they have done the things they are taught by the false prophet. Such as send me $1000.00 and you will get 10 fold (this is just an example there are many). The person sends in the $1000.00 gets nothing back and then because they believe the false prophet to be from God, then turn from God and may never be born-again. Yes you have had a part of this, if you do not teach people the truth, especially if you are promoting a false gospel.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

>>> If we have the heart of Jesus, we will have no problem forgiving.

Neither will we have a problem rebuking them and letting them know that they are sinning against God not us. I am talking about people that claim to be born-again believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. Mostly those that are teaching a false gospel. But it applies to other things also.

It seems that whenever one person confronts another person over an issue, the statement "Do not judge!" comes up. Christians are often accused of "judging" in contradiction to what the Bible says whenever they speak out against a sinful activity. However, that is not the meaning of the Scripture verses which state, "Do not judge." When Jesus told us not to judge (Matthew 7:1), He was telling us not to judge hypocritically. Matthew 7:2-5 declares, "For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, Let me take the speck out of your eye when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

In Matthew 7:2-5, Jesus warns against judging someone else for their sin when you yourself are sinning even worse. That is the kind of judging Jesus commanded us not to do. If a believer sees another believer sinning, it is their Christian duty to lovingly and respectfully confront the person with their sin (Matthew 18:15-17). This is not judging, but rather pointing out the truth in hope of bringing repentance in the other person (James 5:20). We are to speak the truth in love (Ephesians 4:15). We are to proclaim what God's Word says about sin. 2 Timothy 4:2 instructs us, "Preach the Word ; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage — with great patience and careful instruction." We are to "judge" sin, but always with the goal of presenting the solution for sin and its consequences - the Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6).

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

>>> You can not forgive someone that does not ask to be forgiven.

This statement did not come out right. Please forgive me, I repent. I did not mean it like it sounded. I do say things, thinking that others know what I mean. My mistake.

I really did not mean that you should not forgive someone if they don't ask. You should forgive them and in love rebuke them. Never endorse their sin. We should always in love bring it to the light.

I mean the person that does not ask to be forgiven, is steal guilty of the offence to God until they repent of it. So even if you forgive them their sin is not forgive by God. If they are a born-again child of God they will repent, as the Holy Spirit will not let them continue in the sin. If they are not born-again they will continue in the sin and it will not bother them. You can tell by their fruits if they have repented, the will not continue in the sin.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Caretaker:
Does one forgive the murderer and stand aside and allow them to continue to murder?

Does one forgive the liar and then continue to allow their lies to go unchallenged?

We can't control people with our thoughts. Just because we dont' forgive someone for murdering, that doesn't mean that they will never murder again; just because we don't forgive someone for stealing, that doesn't mean that they will never steal again.

If we have the heart of Jesus, we will have no problem forgiving.

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tobecontinued: I agree with your post on forgiveness.

We are to forgive all, even if they never ask for our forgiveness. And that's they hard part, isn't it?

We are commanded to go to the person who has hurt us and talk with them first before we can present our gift to the altar. Attempt reconcilation. But if they don't agree we are to take 2 or 3 as a witness. But we are still commanded to forgive all offenses. God will be the judge.

Once we forgive and the other person isn't able or willing to change their behavior toward us, we are not commanded to TRUST them. We can forgive, but that doesn't mean we have to trust them or continue any relationship with them.

Example a child sexually abused can forgive her abuser, but that child certainly should not have to be around that abuser any longer.

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Certainly we can forgive the iniquity of the false teachers, but we cannot stand aside and allow them to wrest scripture and preach deception unchallenged.

Certainly we forgive any deceivers who blindly support false prophets, but we cannot let your apologetics lead others astray.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ToBeContinued
unregistered

quote:
David writes -
You can not forgive someone that does not ask to be forgiven.

So you are suggesting that Jesus did not forgive, nor teach to forgive, anyone UNLESS they ASKED for it first?

Sorry - That is deceptive.

Matthew 6:14-15

For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you; but if you do not forgive others, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Unless we forgive those who haves harmed us, who have sinned against us, God will not forgive us.

1) We must forgive to be forgiven.
Jesus says it in a number of places:
in Matthew 7:2
For in the same way as you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

in Matthew 18:35
``This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.’’(to be handed over to the torturers)

in Mark 11:25
And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.’’

Paul says it in Colossians 3:13
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

James says it in James 2:13
because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment!

It covers the New Testament. If we do not forgive those who harm us, God will not forgive us!

You can't quote the one verse that applies to IF HE REPENT without using THE REST of the bible.

The WHOLE Word applies -

Are you saying that Jesus changed his mind? Or that when Jesus said 70 times 7 he was referring ONLY to those who have ASKED for forgiveness?

I don't see that in my bible........

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't figure out who you would be referring to on this board, but I for one have made it very clear that I am not suggesting that. I'm sure Joyce would agree.

--------------------
WWJTHINK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 3726 | From: Canada | Registered: May 2004 | IP: Logged |

BORN AGAIN

Advanced Member
Member # 5

posted April 14, 2006 10:43 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm confident that sister Pleasemaranatha only meant that ALL people who have accepted Christ are forgiven and will go to heaven. She is not speaking of the general public who have NOT made a decision for Christ. Why would she? She knows what it means to be a bornagain child of God.

God bless, BORN AGAIN

Joyce writing now: [Smile]
Thanks, HisGrace and Born Again for posting.

Maybe, I wasn't clear enough writing to David.
Sorry, that he didn't understand me. [Frown]
I never want to make another to stumble by not being clear on an issue so important.

God Bless and good nite to everyone. It is really late here and I am tired. [hug]

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confident that sister Pleasemaranatha only meant that ALL people who have accepted Christ are forgiven and will go to heaven. She is not speaking of the general public who have NOT made a decision for Christ. Why would she? She knows what it means to be a bornagain child of God.

God bless, BORN AGAIN

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
I said:

If you are suggesting that everyone is going to heaven because they are all forgiven then you are deceptive and will cause people to go to HELL. And their blood will be on your hands.

That is what I said.

I can't figure out who you would be referring to on this board, but I for one have made it very clear that I am not suggesting that. I'm sure Joyce would agree.
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

I said:

If you are suggesting that everyone is going to heaven because they are all forgiven then you are deceptive and will cause people to go to HELL. And their blood will be on your hands.

That is what I said.

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear David,

you wrote:

this is me writing back to you:
I have forgiven everyone that ever sinned against God or hurt me. God wanted me to forgive them. Not to let them off the hook, but to let myself off the hook of being in sin; by NOT forgiving them.

Since God has forgiven me HOW can I NOT forgive? [Confused] It isn't my job to harbor ill feelings or preach to them 24/7. Besides, some of them lived far away or were dead already. Everyone I forgive doesn't always live ONLY in my home. Some do though, and then it is harder, but I obey with God's help.

In my case, it is God's place to do what HE wants to get someone to recognize their sins and need for HIM. I just have to turn it all over to HIM. He always tell me not to worry, be anxious, or fret. I have to LET HIM BE GOD cause I am NOT God. He is all powerful, all knowing, all seeing, all everything times a zillion trillion times more. I trust HIM to do whatever is necessary for HIS will to be done.

I am just His child. [hyper]

No person's blood is on my hands....ok?

Love you and hope God blesses you greatly! [Smile]

--------------------
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning. Psalms 130 verse 6

Joyce

Posts: 308 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

David writes
quote:
I am saying that you need to read the whole bible and not just the parts you want.
I know that Unitarians and New Agers think that only the NT is a book of love and they don't read the OT which they consider a book of war, but are you suggesting that there are Christians participating on this CBBS who have never read certain books of the Bible? I seriously doubt that. [Bible]

Some Christians after first becoming Christians may initially skip or skim through a book like Leviticus, but as time goes on all the books get read, I would say.

God bless, BORN AGAIN

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear David,

Thanks very much for your concern.

You wrote this:
I am not talking about people that don't claim to be Christians. As they don't know any better.

I am refering to those who claim to be followers of Jesus Christ.

If what you think God tells you is against what He gave us in His word the Bible. Then you are not hearing it from God.

Read the Bible.

I was talking about people that sinned against me in my past. I couldn't look into their hearts, as God, to know where they stood with God at the time I needed to repent of my anger.

I do read my bible and study everyday...so please be at peace. [Smile]

In Love,

--------------------

Joyce

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:

Where on earth did you get that idea?? One of my favourite passages, which I have frequently quoted, is Romans 10:9,10 - For if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved.

~This scripture makes it crystal clear that we have to ask and I believe that with my whole heart. I have always stressed on this board that we have to be born again, and I wouldn't listen to preachers who say otherwise.

I am trying to show that we all can't be Ray Comforts. Everyone has an anointing in different areas. Does Ray Comfort's preaching help the poor woman with four kids, whose child husband just ran off with another woman? I am not saying that Ray Comfort shouldn't preach like that; he has own unique anointing. All preachers have their own God-appointed anointings, each to meet a different need in every area of our lives.

We can't be clones of each other. God wants us to come together as a one, because we are all different parts, but one body. The foot can't say, "I want to be the one to put the laundry in the washing machine to-day." No, that's not its function.

I certainly am not afraid of the cross. I have been there many times. I often listen to sermons by Charles Stanley and the late Adrian Rogers, who really preach on where the rubber hits the road.

Last Sunday Dr Stanley preached a sermon titled 'The Cross: Where the Wrath of God and The Love of God Meet.' God hates sin, but he left His wrath back in the OT, through the cross. We now have the REDEEMING LOVE of Jesus. You can get his sermon online at intouch.org.

It's all about showing compassion through emulating the Love of Jesus -
What about the adulterous woman at the well? Jesus exchanged pleasantries with her and didn't condemn her. All he says is "Go and sin no more."

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

I am not talking about people that don't claim to be Christians. As they don't know any better.

I am refering to those who claim to be followers of Jesus Christ.

If what you think God tells you is against what He gave us in His word the Bible. Then you are not hearing it from God.

Read the Bible.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 8 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But then David, how did I forgive people who never repented?

God showed me that HE is God and that I had to forgive them because we battle not with flesh and blood!

--------------------

Joyce

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

>>> Are you suggesting that the Bible is contradictory?

No I am not, are you?

I am saying that you need to read the whole bible and not just the parts you want.

We are to be forgiving people, but we should not just sit by and let people plung into hell because we just set by (acting to to be loving, only applying love to those that agree with us) and say nothing to them.

The forgiveness that is in Jesus Christ is conditional upon "repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ" (Acts 20:21). It is a gift that God offers to everyone, but individuals must receive it by repenting and trusting in Christ, or they will remain dead in their sins. No one has biblical grounds to continue in sin, assuming that they are safe just because Jesus died on the cross.

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. - John 3:4–6

"In the new man-centered view of God, love is the first and foremost attribute of God. It is primary. “God isn’t mad at you. He loves you with an unconditional love, and He longs to help you and to meet your needs” is the substance of much of the preaching today, particularly much of the evangelism these days. But, it is a love out of context."

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

True!

IF THEY REPENT

I am sure to forgive. But if they continue teaching the FALSE gospel then they have not repented.

"Tolerance is a virtue of a man without convictions" - G.K. Chesterton

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

ToBeContinued
unregistered

[Eek!] YOUR bible ALSO says this -

Matthew 6:14-15 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

14For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

15But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Are you suggesting that Jesus did it wrong in Matthew 23:23-33?[/b]

Are you suggesting that the Bible is contradictory?

Romans 2:4(KJV)
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance.

There are scriptures in the OT where we see that God's patience runs out, but he is very longsuffering.

Let's read further down into Matthew 23. There is a longing heart shown in this passage.

Vrs 37-39 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

My bible says the below:

Luke 17:3 (KJV)
Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

1. First you are to rebuke him.
2. then IF HE REPENTS ---> forgive him.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Icon 16 posted      Profile for Pleasemaranatha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matthew 6:14
For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

Matthew 6:15
But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

This by Moody
TODAY ALONG THE WAY
We learn a lot from today's passage about praying for nonbelievers. First, we can pray for the Spirit to reveal an unsaved person's lost condition to him or her. Then we can pray for a troubled conscience concerning unbelief and a realization that one's own righteousness can never please God. We can also pray that this individual will realize the truth about judgment and personal accountability. Finally, we can pray that the Spirit's conviction will lead to faith in Christ.

--------------------

Joyce

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

tol·er·ant
Inclined to tolerate the beliefs, practices, or traits of others; forbearing. See Synonyms at broad-minded.

Jesus say I am the way the truth and the life and NO ONE comes to the Father but by me. We can not be tolerant and believe what Jesus said.

It all depends on what your are being tolerant about. I did not say you should never be tolerant, but that there are times when you should not be tolerant. Those that tolerate false gospel preaching are wrong. It looks to me (and was) and example in the above Matthew 23:23-33 where Jesus is not tolerant, please read it again.

Romans 2:1-4 (KJV)
1Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. 2But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. 3And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? 4Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? 5But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

::::::::::::
Judgment is According to God’s Truth (2:1-5)

As the Jew read Paul’s indictment of the “heathen” in the first chapter, he must have smiled and said, “Serves them right!” Their attitude would have been that of the Pharisee in Luke 18:9-14—“I thank Thee that I am not as other men!” But Paul turns the Jew’s judgment of the Gentile right back upon him: “You do the same things the Gentiles do, so you are just as guilty!” God’s judgment of men is not according to hearsay, gossip, our own good opinions, or man’s evaluations; it is “according to truth” (v. 2). Someone has said, “We hate our own faults, especially when we see them in others.” How easy it is for people today, as in Paul’s day, to condemn others, yet have the very same sins in their own lives.

But the Jew may have argued back: “Surely God wouldn’t judge us with the same truth He applies to the Gentiles! Why, see how good God has been to Israel!” But they were ignorant of the purpose God had in mind when He poured out His goodness on Israel and waited so patiently for His people to obey: His goodness was supposed to lead them to repentance. Instead, they hardened their hearts and thus stored up more wrath for that day when Christ will judge the lost (Rev. 20). Have you not heard lost sinners today say, “Oh, I’m sure God isn’t going to send me to hell. Why, He’s done so many good things for me.” Little do they realize that God’s goodness is the preparation for His grace; and instead of bowing in humble gratitude, they harden their hearts and commit more sin, thinking that God loves them too much to condemn them.

These same two “excuses” that the Jews used in Paul’s day are still heard today: (1) “I am better than others, so I don’t need Christ”; (2) “God has been good to me and will certainly never condemn me.” But God’s final judgment will not be according to men’s opinions and evaluations; it will be according to truth.

Wiersbe's Expository Outlines on the New Testament
Author: Wiersbe, Warren W

Are you suggesting that Jesus did it wrong in Matthew 23:23-33?

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

HisGrace
unregistered

quote:
Tolerance is not love.

Romans 2:4 (NIV)
Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance

Romans 2:4(KJV)
Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance

Forbearance - noun: good-natured tolerance of delay or incompetence

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

quote:
Originally posted by Pleasemaranatha:
Passage Proverbs 15:26:

26The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD: but the words of the pure are pleasant words.

Jesus say the below. Would you agree that he was pure. If so that means there is a time and place to say things that need saying. Even if the person they are directed to don't like them. Why would Jesus say the below? Because he LOVED them and wanted them to open their eyes. Tolerance is not love. If you let a blind man walk off a cliff and not try and stop him, that sure is not love.

Matthew 23:23-33

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men’s bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Passage Proverbs 15:26:

26The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD: but the words of the pure are pleasant words.

Passage Proverbs 3:34:

34 Surely he scoffeth at the scoffers; But he giveth grace unto the lowly.

--------------------

Joyce

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And AMEN To you too Bro Dale! You're preachin good too! [clap2]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My bible says the below:

Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.

When the false teachers repent, and start preaching about Jesus and not how to get rich, stop their self help seminars. Then I know for sure I will forgive them. But until they do, not even God will forgive them.

AMEN and AMEN Bro!

I have really been enjoying reading your posts lately - you have definitely been on a roll!!! I know your time is limited, but I'd love to read more!

God Bless! See ya when I return from vacation [Smile]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Yes David I know.

In my own life I believe that the value I place on God's forgiveness is best measured by my willingness to forgive everyone.

God Bless

--------------------

Joyce

KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

My bible says the below:

When the false teachers repent, and start preaching about Jesus and not how to get rich, stop their self help seminars. Then I know for sure I will forgive them. But until they do, not even God will forgive them.

Don't you know when you come to know Jesus you are to repent and give your life to Him. Not start telling Him want you want and what to do. It is all about us following Jesus and serving Him. Not Jesus following us and do as we ask.

If you abide in Jesus you will have all you need. If you really digently seek Him and get to know Him you want even have to ask. He knows what you need and loves you more then you love him. So I suggest that you forget how much you can get and see how close you can get to Jesus. Then you will really be happy. Even if you get it all and don't know Jesus, you will not be happy.

King Solomon had it all and God gave it to Him. What did he do! He started worshiping OTHER gods. We are to want God more then what God can give us.

Satan wanted it ALL!!!! That should say alot.

Wake up and get to know Jesus and then you will have all you want, that is if you really want Jesus.

--------------------
Video Tracts
Christian Media
LiveTracts
Friend Me On Facebook
Evangelism TackleBox

becauseHElives
Advanced Member
Member # 87

Icon 1 posted      Profile for becauseHElives   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Doesn't God say that He won't forgive us, if we don't forgive others?
That is not speaking of forgiving ministers who are bringing false doctrine into the Body of Yeshua.

You need to understand you Scriptures

We are to pray for everyone including our enemies. Tyndale, Huss and other were burned at the stake for Truth, but they prayed for their enemies. Their crime defending the Truth.

The world excepts the teachings of Rick Warren and Joel Osteen….

Yeshua said if you preach the Truth the world will hate you, when will we grasp the Truth the crowd will never chose the way of the cross. Death to self.

The Rick Warren , Joel Osteen, Kenneth Copeland, Joyce Myers, Jessie Duplantus, Rod Parsley message is user friendly, tickle your ear messages the Scriptures call it. Puff up the flesh.

Romans 16:17 Now I beg you, brothers, look out for those
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Philippians 3:17 Brothers, be imitators together of me, and note
Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

--------------------
Strive to enter in at the strait gate:for many, I say unto you will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. ( Luke 13:24 )

Posts: 4578 | From: Southeast Texas | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pleasemaranatha
Advanced Member
Member # 5150

Do all (who worry about the heresy from within the church) pray earnestly for the ministers that they accuse???????????????

If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.

Bear with one another and, if anyone has a complaint against another, forgive each other; just as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.

John 20:23, Col 3:13 | Source: The Bible (New Revised Standard Version)

Spending more time on our knees would be what God wants. [thumbsup2]

First though, shouldn't we let go of our anger and forgive all the ministeries that we are upset with? [thumbsup2]

Doesn't God say that He won't forgive us, if we don't forgive others? [Confused] Doesn't God say our prayers won't be answered if we are harboring unforgiveness? [Eek!]

Are we all praying enough for K.C., J.M., J.W., MORMONS, or B.H.?????

Or not? [Confused]

--------------------

Joyce

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

sister SoftTouch writes
quote:
What is important is that the Scriptures agree with what I and the others say and do in regards to exposing false teachings/teachers/prophets
of course the scriptures agree with you! what was I thinking!

SoftTouch writes
quote:
This was bearing False Witness against me and is an attempt (rather intentional or not) to do damage to my reputation.
It's called discussing issues, sister. By having the courage to post something, all of our reputations are "damaged" if you want to go to that extreme; do not console yourself by thinking that "your reputation" is somehow more damaged than that of anyone else around here. That is wishful thinking only. [angel3]

SoftTouch writes
quote:
I’m very sorry that you and others seem to refuse to see this as it’s important!
very sorry? that's what vacations are for. Refusing to see? try: disagreement with someone else's opinion. It happens all the time, sister; it's called life on earth.

have a nice vacation. will you be gone long? BORN AGAIN [Cross]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Let us review what transpired. The thread was “Be Very Careful II” here in the exposing section. Page 1 http://thechristianbbs.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=53;t=000113;p=1

quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
but, not to worry, sister SoftTouch, nobody here knows what you personally believe since you only post stuff about other people.

2 Thessalonians 3:11
For we hear that there are some who walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

1 Timothy 5:13
And withal they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house; and not only idle, but tattlers also and busybodies, speaking things which they ought not.

1 Peter 4:15
But let none of you suffer as a murderer or as a thief or as an evildoer or as a busybody in other men's matters.

Matthew 7:3
And why do you look at the mote that is in your brother's eye, but do not consider the beam that is in your own eye?

God bless, BORN AGAIN

You stated that no one knows what I personally believe and you were Wrong (as witnessed by others).

The admonitions to you regarding the implication that I am a Busybody, Tattler, and walk disorderly working not at all are spoken on Page 2 of this thread. I concluded (as did others) that the Scriptures you quoted were directed at me. This was bearing False Witness against me and is an attempt (rather intentional or not) to do damage to my reputation.

Now in this particular thread ("Don't Be Deceived" [Wink] I often mis-spell that word...) you have implied that I do not pray for anyone who does not agree with me and that is simply not true (as I have said).

quote:
sister, you are loved by those who agree with you but not so loved (in this area of "exposing false teachers") by those who do not agree with you about "exposing false teachers in the church".

What is important is that the Scriptures agree with what I and the others say and do in regards to exposing false teachings/teachers/prophets. This has been shown many times. It doesn't matter to me (or to the Lord) who agrees with me or not, but rather if what I say and do is biblically solid.

quote:
You imply with your scripture in the other Topic of the REAL HERESY:
quote:
Matthew 7:15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
that I, BORN AGAIN, must be a "wolf in sheep's clothing",
As for my quoting of Matthew 7 in the thread on Easter by BecauseHeLives, I was NOT saying that you are a Wolf. I quoted what I did to TRY (Once Again) to Show You In Scripture that we were told that Heresy would Come From Within The Church. It is true that there is MUCH Heresy without the Church, but that is not what Matthew 7 is talking about. I’m very sorry that you and others seem to refuse to see this as it’s important!

--------------------

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

sister SoftTouch writes to BORN AGAIN
quote:
you have yet to apologize for or even acknowledge that you have tried to harm my reputation by bearing false witness against me (rather it was intentional or not).
sister, I did not think it would be long before you would repost your post from page 1 to page 2.

I have spoken out publicly about what I think about "exposing false teachers" within the church (no less).

You are one of the principals of this "exposing false teachers" forum, but I hardly think that my speaking out about "exposing false teachers" also means that it "harms your reputation". That's suffering from illusions of grandeur.

sister, you are loved by those who agree with you but not so loved (in this area of "exposing false teachers") by those who do not agree with you about "exposing false teachers in the church".

It's no big deal; you're just one of the principals of this forum, and you speak out frequently FOR and I speak out frequently AGAINST.

You imply with your scripture in the other Topic of the REAL HERESY:
quote:
Matthew 7:15Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
that I, BORN AGAIN, must be a "wolf in sheep's clothing", but if that be the case, I haven't seen my wolf family in a long time. Perhaps I should miss them and go pay them a visit? Perhaps you know where they are all located since you know so much about them?

with love, BORN AGAIN in the USA [Cross]

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
Originally posted by SoftTouch:
quote:
quote:
I'm going on Vacation... God Bless all the Brethren who Stand Firm on HIS WORD and Defend its Integrity from the wiles of the False Teachers/Prophets! In Jesus Name, Amen!
And what about the other bornagain Christians, sister SoftTouch? Will you really only pray for the brothers and sisters who agree with you about the vailidity of this kind of "exposing false teaching" forum.
I have not left for vacation yet but I have been sitting on my hands trying not to post here as I needed a break.

BA you say HisGrace is sitting in disbelief of this forum, well I am now sitting in Disbelief of your posts.

You were admonished after your last attack on me and yet you totally ignored it. You brought false accusations against me (using scripture) and when it was shown by Sister Linda and others that you were Dead Wrong, you did not even so much as say "I'm Sorry." And now you continue with accusatory questions...

I may have said in my post that I would pray for the Brethern who stand up for God's Holy Word and Expose the Lies (as I wish to lift them up to the Lord for HIS Comfort and Strength in this ongoing battle for HIS Truth), but that in No Way meant that I do not pray for EVERYONE involved in this! I DO Pray for You, HisGrace, WhiteEagle and others. So again, Please do not ASSUME you know what is in my heart or what I do that you can not see.

Now I'm going back to my break. I'm sure others will address the other issues. [spiny]

I have read and re-read my own words and I find nothing mean here. I have spoken the truth (except, apparently I have not gone back on my break as yet... but don't worry I'll be gone come Thursday night) and you have Yet to apologize for or even acknowledge that you have tried to harm my reputation by bearing false witness against me (rather it was intentional or not).

--------------------

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

SoftTouch writes
quote:
BA, did you see my post to you at the end of page one?
yes, I saw your mean post at the bottom of page 1. I'm glad we have rolled over [Roll Eyes] to page 2.

God bless, BORN AGAIN

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

BA, did you see my post to you at the end of page one?

--------------------

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

sister yahsway writes
quote:
Jesus said on the cross "It is finished". God did not send Jesus to Hell so Jesus's Spirit could suffer yet again by the hands of the evil one. Victory was at the Cross, period.
Yes, victory was at the cross, period. No need to go to hell. I totally agree.

But people are foolish and failing; even bornagain Christians can be foolish and failing in some matters.

Ultimately, all Christians are responsible for working out their OWN salvation. Whatever sources Christians use to accomplish that, they do so with all the attendant risks, and we all have to make decisions about so and so as we go along over the years of studying and hearing.

But I don't think anyone is losing their salvation over it, unless they are exceedingly lazy and foolish and gullible.

God bless, BORN AGAIN

wparr
Advanced Member
Member # 891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wparr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

But as long as they are still preaching that one must believe in the finished work of Jesus to be saved, which I think ALL of them adamantly and repeatedly still do, then they are still bornagain Christians who are saved by grace, and so are their followers.

They will NOT be disqualified from receiving eternal life for it, sister yahsway, or do you think they will?
[/QUOTE]

2 Peter 2:3
(3) and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep.

What do you say to this BA?

JUDGEMENT - DESTRUCTION:
DOESN'T sound like eternal LIFE does it? [Eek!]

Yahweh said it, not me [cool_shades] [wave3]

Posts: 1203 | From: Eagle Nest, NM | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA, as to their salvation, as I have stated before, only Yeshua has the right to say "depart from me I never knew you." He is the judge of someones salvation, would you not agree?

But would you not also agree if these same preachers, preach that you are NOT saved if you do not believe that Yeshua's work was finished on the cross, but had to suffer spiritually in hell, that they are actually judging someones salvation? And take it one step further, their converts, or ones who are saved under their teaching might also believe this and say the same thing to others, and wouldn't that also make them judges over others salvation?

No one here has judged their salvation BA, but it would appear that they are setting themselves up as judges of other peoples salvation if those other people do not believe what they are teaching.

Jesus said on the cross "It is finished". God did not send Jesus to Hell so Jesus's Spirit could suffer yet again by the hands of the evil one. Victory was at the Cross, period.

And for some preacher to tell me I must believe that He (Jesus) suffered also in Hell for me to obtain my salvation is not only shameful but is also judgemental.

This is why one must be careful of the teaching they sit under.

For example, hypothetical:

Preacher so and so says that one must believe that Jesus the Christ had to suffer in hell spiritually for ones salvation and one must believe this or they are not truly saved.

Then Sister/brother so and so agrees and starts to tell others that they must believe this also for their salvation.

But Gods Spirit, Jesus's Spirit could not die "spiritually". If it could, there would have been no need for Jesus to be born of a woman into flesh to shed His blood for the remission of sins.

See, Kenneth Copeland teaches this. He said that God told him that "anyone" could have shed their blood. But it was the torment and spiritual death of Jesus in hell that saved us.

Yes, the "Finished" work of Jesus was on the cross, not in hell. We do not need to add anything further.

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

quote:
quote:
I'm going on Vacation... God Bless all the Brethren who Stand Firm on HIS WORD and Defend its Integrity from the wiles of the False Teachers/Prophets! In Jesus Name, Amen!
And what about the other bornagain Christians, sister SoftTouch? Will you really only pray for the brothers and sisters who agree with you about the vailidity of this kind of "exposing false teaching" forum.
I have not left for vacation yet but I have been sitting on my hands trying not to post here as I needed a break.

BA you say HisGrace is sitting in disbelief of this forum, well I am now sitting in Disbelief of your posts.

You were admonished after your last attack on me and yet you totally ignored it. You brought false accusations against me (using scripture) and when it was shown by Sister Linda and others that you were Dead Wrong, you did not even so much as say "I'm Sorry." And now you continue with accusatory questions...

I may have said in my post that I would pray for the Brethern who stand up for God's Holy Word and Expose the Lies (as I wish to lift them up to the Lord for HIS Comfort and Strength in this ongoing battle for HIS Truth), but that in No Way meant that I do not pray for EVERYONE involved in this! I DO Pray for You, HisGrace, WhiteEagle and others. So again, Please do not ASSUME you know what is in my heart or what I do that you can not see.

Now I'm going back to my break. I'm sure others will address the other issues. [spiny]

--------------------

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

sister hardcore writes to sister HisGrace
quote:
Whether what I say is considered "making trouble" or not, is up to each individual here to decide. Some might agree with you, some will not.
I don't think that what sister hardcore has said on this CBBS has been making trouble anymore than any else on this CBBS, seeing as how no one is perfect around here:

"let s/he who is without sin cast the first stone"

(but go and sin no more) (but if we sin, we have an Advocate with the Father) (for if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just (because Jesus already died) to forgive us our sins) (because Jesus died for our sins already)

God bless all who participate on this CBBS. BORN AGAIN

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement