Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Just a note re: Joyce Meyer (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Just a note re: Joyce Meyer
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I see. I missed your point. I am sorry.
Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
But I have to ask you honestly, do you really expect anyone who does preach name it claim it WOF theology to stand up and say ... hey this is what I preach?

Do you expect the apostate to claim to be apostate???

No, but do the others ever take time to actually refute the claims, or do they just disregard their skeptics?

I just thought it was interesting to see her address the issue directly.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Joyce Meyer, probably better than most does speak of sin and our need to deal with it; She used to teach the Jesus spiritually died and reborn in hell garbage, but no longer does. She does teach many things that are good. You really have to see a bigger pciture to see what is wrong with JMM.

Forget whether or not JM is apostate, let's say she is not....

But I have to ask you honestly, do you really expect anyone who does preach name it claim it WOF theology to stand up and say ... hey this is what I preach?

Do you expect the apostate to claim to be apostate???

There is not one historical example of any apostate that I am aware of believing that they taught contrary to the word!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redkermit
Advanced Member
Member # 4059

Icon 1 posted      Profile for redkermit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I've mentioned before, I don't really watch the TV evangelists & preachers, and haven't really delved into all the debate regarding them & the "WOF" teachers. So, saying that, I'm not sure exactly what the claims are against JM, but just wanted to mention something I happened to catch yesterday.

I was flipping through the channels & happened to run across JM teaching and stopped for a minute. She actually spoke out against "WOF"/positive confession (not sure if that's the right term) preaching. She addressed it directly referring to her being accused as being a "name it & claim it" preacher, saying that is NOT what she believes or teaches.

Again, this is just coming from like a five minute clip I watched, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

--------------------
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. (Ps. 84:10b)

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

Listen Online:
www.wmuz.com
www.997flr.org

Posts: 604 | From: Michigan | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement