Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » are all whom you call false teachers still bornagain Christians?

Author Topic: are all whom you call false teachers still bornagain Christians?
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Icon 16 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for the info, Watcher.

BORN AGAIN

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KnowHim
Admin
Member # 1

Icon 16 posted      Profile for KnowHim   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BORN AGAIN:
Are all whom you on this forum call false teachers still bornagain Christians?

BA,

If they are FALSE teachers, then they are not born-again. How can they be born-again and not know Jesus Christ and what He teachers. We are not talking about people seating in the pews, but the false teachers. They are not only not born-again, but they will answer for leading so many astray. The Gospel is all about Jesus Christ and not about us. If you point to anything other then the cross of Christ, then you are preaching a false gospel. I suggest you listen to the links at the bottom of this post.

It is not about us, but about Jesus Christ.

Tragedy of modern evangelism started around the turn of the century when it forsook the law in its capacity to convert the soul, to drive sinners to Christ, modern evangelism had to, therefore, find another reason for sinners to respond to the gospel. And the issue that modern evangelism chose to attract sinners was the issue of “life enhancement”. The gospel degenerated into “Jesus Christ will give you peace, joy, love, fulfillment, and lasting happiness.” Now to illustrate the unscriptural nature of this very popular teaching, I’d like you to listen very carefully to this following anecdote, because the essence of what I’m saying pivots on this particular illustration; so please listen carefully.

Two men are seated in a plane. The first is given a parachute and told to put is on as it would improve his flight. He’s a little skeptical at first because he can’t see how wearing a parachute in a plane could possibly improve the flight. After a time he decides to experiment and see if the claim is true. As he puts it on he notices the weight of it upon his shoulders and he finds that he has difficulty in sitting upright. However, he consoles himself with the fact that he was told the parachute would improve the flight. So, he decides to give the thing a little time. As he waits he notices that some of the other passengers are laughing at him, because he’s wearing a parachute in a plane. He begins to feel somewhat humiliated. As they begin to point and laugh at him and he can stand it no longer, he slinks in his seat, unstraps the parachute, and throws it to the floor. Disillusionment and bitterness fill his heart, because, as far as he was concerned, he was told an outright lie.

The second man is given a parachute, but listen to what he’s told. He’s told to put it on because at any moment he’d be jumping 25,000 feet out of the plane. He gratefully puts the parachute on; he doesn’t notice the weight of it upon his shoulders, nor that he can’t sit upright. His mind is consumed with the thought of what would happen to him if he jumped without that parachute.

Let’s analyze the motive and the result of each passenger’s experience. The first man’s motive for putting the parachute on was solely to improve his flight. The result of his experience was that he was humiliated by the passengers; he was disillusioned and somewhat embittered against those who gave him the parachute. As far as he’s concerned it’ll be a long time before anyone gets one of those things on his back again. The second man put the parachute on solely to escape the jump to come, and because of his knowledge of what would happen to him without it, he has a deep-rooted joy and peace in his heart knowing that he’s saved from sure death. This knowledge gives him the ability to withstand the mockery of the other passengers. His attitude towards those who gave him the parachute is one of heart-felt gratitude.

Now listen to what the modern gospel says. It says, “Put on the Lord Jesus Christ. He’ll give you love, joy, peace, fulfillment, and lasting happiness.” In other words, “Jesus will improve your flight.” So the sinner responds, and in an experimental fashion, puts on the Savior to see if the claims are true. And what does he get? The promised temptation, tribulation, and persecution. The other passengers mock him. So what does he do? He takes off the Lord Jesus Christ, he’s offended for the word’s sake (Mark 4:17), he’s disillusioned and somewhat embittered, and quite rightly so. He was promised peace, joy, love, fulfillment, and lasting happiness, and all he got were trials and humiliation. His bitterness is directed toward those who gave him the so-called “good news”. His latter end becomes worse than the first: another inoculated and bitter backslider.

Saints, instead of preaching that Jesus improves the flight, we should be warning the passengers they’re going have to jump out of the plane. That it’s “appointed unto man once to die, but after this the judgment” (Heb.9:27). And when a sinner understands the horrific consequences of breaking God’s law, then he will flee to the Savior solely to escape the wrath that’s to come. And if we’re true and faithful witnesses, that’s what we’ll be preaching. That there is wrath to come; that God “commands all men everywhere to repent” (Acts 17:30). Why?

“Because He has appointed a day, in which He will judge the world in righteousness” (vs. 31). You see, the issue isn’t one of happiness, but one of righteousness. It doesn’t matter how happy a sinner is, how much he’s enjoying “the pleasures of sin for a season” (Heb. 11:25). Without the righteousness of Christ, he’ll perish on the day of wrath. “Riches profit not on the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death” (Prov. 11:4). Peace and joy are legitimate fruits of salvation, but it’s not legitimate to use these fruits as a draw card for salvation. If we continue to do so, sinners will respond with an impure motive lacking repentance.

Please, please take time to listen to the below, it could change your life:

Ten Shekels and a Shirt
http://www.heargoodnews.org/mp3/10-shirt.m3u

Hell's Best Kept Secret
http://www.livingwaters.com/learn/hellsbestkeptsecret.htm

True and False Conversions
http://www.livingwaters.com/learn/trueandfalse.htm

My God bless you to know Him better,
David Campbell

Posts: 3276 | From: Charlestown, IN | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA:
salvation into eternal life is most important, and salvation is apparently acquired by just 2 things, by believing that Jesus was and is the Son of God of Israel, and that the God of Israel raised Jesus from the dead.

After that, we are apparently in rewards territory.

It is nice that we should all aspire to becoming eligible for as many rewards as possible, but no aspiration for reward should ever form a basis for being angry or stern or accusatory with any saved brother or sister.

Even the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than John the Baptist.

BORN AGAIN

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Amen Watcher!!!

Right on the money as to the heresy of the JWs.

Salvation is placing ones faith and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ, as revealed in the Word. Not the "jesus" filtered, perverted, and as taught by the cults and heretics.

Many pay lip service to Jesus, without believing in their heart in God manifest in the flesh, the Lord Jesus Christ as revealed in His Word.

This is why in the Word He says that many will say "Lord Lord", and He will say, "depart from me I never knew you".

The blind lead the blind and too many with itching ears gather to teachers of heresy.

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Watcher
Advanced Member
Member # 3589

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Watcher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA this is for you.

Jehovah's Witnesses deny the deity of Christ, his physical resurrection and his visible return.

They teach that the first creative act of the Father was to create the spirit being, Archangel Michael, who later donned a physical body to be seen by his followers in the persona of Jesus. Additionally, they hold that as Jesus, the Archangel was a perfect man who became the Messiah at the time of his baptism. The resurrection of Jesus is said to be a spiritual one, not a physical one.

They deny the deity of the Holy Spirit as well, describing it as an " ...impersonal, invisible, inactive force that finds its source and reservoir in Jehovah God." (Let Your Name be Sanctified, p. 269).

One of the major changes made when the JWs wrote the New World Translation bible, was the rewrite of all verses pertaining to the deity of Christ and the trinity.

--------------------
Watcher

Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house. He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.
Proverbs 17:13,15

Posts: 146 | From: Earth | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

salvation into eternal life is most important, and salvation is apparently acquired by just 2 things, by believing that Jesus was and is the Son of God of Israel, and that the God of Israel raised Jesus from the dead.

After that, we are apparently in rewards territory.

It is nice that we should all aspire to becoming eligible for as many rewards as possible, but no aspiration for reward should ever form a basis for being angry or stern or accusatory with any saved brother or sister.

Even the least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than John the Baptist.

BORN AGAIN

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

brother Caretaker writes
quote:
Do you still consider Jehovah's Witnesses to be Born Again, BA?
I am ambivalent about the JWs at this time. If the JWs are like Terral in which they will NEVER SAY that Jesus is True God but that Jesus is only the Son of God, then I might have a problem with the JWs.

Hebrews 1:8
But to the Son He {the LORD} says, Your throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of Your kingdom.

The next time I meet a JW, I need to ask them what they believe about that, or perhaps one of you able-brethren could repost here for busy-me how a JW answers that question. Let us help each other.

BORN AGAIN

helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA. It is obvious to me that you have never heard a wild turkey of the prarie. I have no idea what you are saying in the above post where you say a lack of accepting the sacrifice kept people out of hell.

I realize that you do not agree with the speaking against false teaching and you need to take that up with Jesus.

I do not believe that we can say who will ascend or decend and I can tell you that I would never want to. When I hear things that make me even to think that someone who says they are saved might not be saved it makes me cringe for having the thought... it is a horrible thought to have and still it is a thought that I have had for some...and not out of malice or judgement, but out of true fear for a soul.

I do not believe that every one who thinks that they are saved will be saved. I do not believe that every one that says that they believe that Jesus is the son of God and messiah is going to be saved. I believe that there are people who are deceived.

This verse scares me:

Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

This verse scares me:

Mark 10:24 And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God!

and this one:

Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

and this one:

Luke 13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

and this one:

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

and this one:

Revelation 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

BA praise God that you do not know anyone for whom these verses bring you to your knees in fearful prayer. Praise God that every one that you know who says that Jesus is Lord is not just giving lip service but is doing the will of the Father. Praise God that you do not know anyone who says Jesus is Lord and then with the next words out of their mouths say things that testify that they do not know who Jesus is. I am glad for you brother, but some of us are not so blessed. I am not so blessed!

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

brother Eduardo Grequi writes
quote:
WHEN I TEACH WHATEVER SUBJECT, [bI HAVE TO MAKE SURE WHAT I AM TEACHING IS CORRECT[/b], HONEST, AND FORTHRIGHT. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT CONCERNS THE WORD OF GOD.
Regarding the bolded part, brother, we see through a glass darkly. When it comes to the Word of God, what I am currently holding as truth may tomorrow or hopefully soon become a lesser truth which must give way to a greater truth than that.

My point is, it is IMPOSSIBLE to MAKE SURE THAT WHAT I AM TEACHING IS CORRECT, as you wrote. How can you be sure?

BORN AGAIN in the USA
"I'm in the Family of the God of Israel whethere you like it or not"

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

dear brother Thunderz7, you write
quote:
But #3,
who is doing #3,
(just taking one from the usual punching bags)
Kenneth Copeland-
Who has been to Kenneth Copeland with a rebuke?
Who has e-mailed a rebuke to him?
Who has written and mailed him a rebuke?
Who has given KC a phone call to rebuke him?

Thunderzy, I agree with you. This is what I also found disconcerting, I think it is unfair that a brother or sistere is being reviled by someone here on this CBBS with that brother or sister not even knowing that he or she is being reviled.

And to small fault of a brother or sister whose congregation or audience has grown much larger than the brother or sister had ever expected, how can they possibly answer all the e-mails these days when managing a $10 million ministry? There are only realistically 24 hours in a day.

So I have said before, that we should only contribute on this CBBS and question and warn about this CBBS, so that all its members get proper notice and have the opportunity to defend themselves, as behoovers Children of the Living God.

bless the LORD YHWH of Israel. I am BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross] of His Son Yeshua-Jesus who paid the penalty for my sins, and not only mine, but for anyone in the whole world.

I therefroe

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

sister helpforhomeschoolers writes
quote:
However, we do know that there will be those who call HIM Lord Lord and who are not know to HIM...
would you care to offer your opinion about who in our current worlwide society you might have in mind? [wiggle7]

Or is this like the prairie sound the wild turkeys make? (gobblie-gook). Should we not be able to identify somebody by now in our own society if Jesus is so near?

your brother by Jesus's sacrifice, I am BORN AGAIN in the USA
("My Jesusk, My Savior, He is the wind beneath my wings")

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

dear sister helpforhomeschoolers, I liked this response that you wrote
quote:
I dont think that this is for us to judge. To judge this would be to say who will rise and who wll decend.

Romans 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

There is only one thing wrong with your premise that it is not for us to judge, AS IF WE HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE of what a person believes or not believes.

Believes or not believes, yes, I don't know, BUT, sister HFHS, I can HEAR THEIR CONFESSION with their MOUTH, and by that I know that they are bornagain Christians. For what says the Word:

John 9:35
Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Do you believe in the Son of God?

John 10:36
Say you of him whom the Father has sanctified, and sent into the world, You blaspheme, because I said, I am the Son of God?

1 John 4:15
Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwells in him, and he dwells in God.

1 John 5:5
Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

sister helpforhomeschoolers, while it was the love of God the Father and the love of God the Son to agree upon this painful Plan of Salvation, it was not the "love of God" which kept anyone out of hell.

It was the lack of "accepting the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross" which kept people out of hell (hell meaning gehenna, the refuse fire which burned in the valley of Hinnom (Greek, gehenna}. To repost your statement one more time:quote]I dont think that this is for us to judge. To judge this would be to say who will rise and who wll decend.

Romans 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.[/quote]I liked your response, but that bolded phrase I disagreed with. God bless you, sister.

"Somebody tell me, what are we eating?"

BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross] of Lord God Yeshua-Jesus of Nazareth, but born in Bethlehem of Judah, like Micah 5:2 predicted, O Ephraim-Israel and Judah-Israel if you are reading this among the nations.

"Are we wasting precious time"? (from a CD by Twila Paris_

BORN AGAIN
unregistered

dear sister WhiteEagle, thanks for this comment:
quote:
I'm thankful for God's mercy to His church in this day and age. If it were like the first early church in Acts, we'd have alot of people being struck dead and carried out for trying to lie to the Holy Spirit, like Ananias and Saphirra
I have been reading and thinking a lot more with my GIANT PRINT KJV BIBLE about God's Mercy. Because in the end, after JUSTICE was 100%-and-more satisfied on the painfull cross, the LORD YHWH of Israel is fully able to move into His 100% Mercy. With 100% Justice done, 100% Mercy is GUARANTEED!!! wparr, this is the time to add !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bless the God of Israel. BORN AGAIN in the USA

Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some lable everyone they don't like WOF, I don't.

I to have heard Crouch and Hinn curse those who speak against them.
To them I would reply if possible -
Proverbs 26:2 As the bird by wandering, as the swallow by flying, so the curse causeless shall not come.

I personally don't consider Crouch and Hinn to be WOF, different group, different doctrines, that only cross paths with the real WOF group at "spots".

Charles Stanley is on TBN,
his doctrines cross paths with WOF at "spots",
his doctrines even cross paths with Hinn and Crouch at "spots".
Is Stanley to be called WOF?

To those who have tried to rebuke false doctrine by the well known, GOOD;
but too often in coming against one who is stretching the truth past reasonable limits,
we end up denying the true part ourself, and calling light darkness.

As usual after posting on this EFD board of the CBBS, I wish I had prayed first and kept my mouth/keyboard shut.
Its back to Bible Topics and such for me,
have fun
and
be blessed in Jesus
T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caretaker
Advanced Member
Member # 36

Icon 15 posted      Profile for Caretaker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you still consider Jehovah's Witnesses to be Born Again, BA?

--------------------
A Servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh..

Posts: 3978 | From: Council Grove, KS USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yahsway:
Shabbat Shalom

Shabbat Shalom Sis! [Kiss]

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoftTouch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by helpforhomeschoolers:
We cant judge who will be saved; we cant judge on whom God will have mercy; we are not supposed to; but we are clearly to judge whether what comes from the mouth agrees with or disagrees with the word. And we can judge what we see if it be contrary to the word. Actions and words we can judge... on whom God will have mercy? Who is or is not born again? No... not for us to judge.

AMEN and AMEN!

T7, these ‘WoF’/’Prosperity Gospel” False Teachers have been told, told, and re-told regarding their Heresy. I would not do this (publically share my concerns) regarding a local pastor - I'd go to that pastor privately (which I Have Done along with my husband) and speak to him directly about our concerns first. Then, if the error persists, we'd take someone else with us and speak again. If the error still persists we'd take our concerns to the congregation.

These WoF False Teachers are Public Speakers who speak Internationally… Countless Pastors and Brethern have spoken or written to these ‘leaders’ with concerns regarding their teachings. Here’s a couple of examples of the kind of reply these False Teachers give (Publically I might add…):

To hell with you! Get out of my life! Get out of the way!…I say get out of God's way! Quit blocking God's bridges or God's going to shoot you if I don't…I don't even want to even talk to you or hear you! I don't want to see your ugly face!
Source: Paul Crouch, Praise-a-thon, April 2, 1991

"Those that put us down are a bunch of morons"
Source: Benny Hinn, Praise-a-Thon, TBN, November 1990

"Somebody's attacking me because of something I'm teaching. Let me tell you something, brother: You watch it! ...You know, I've looked for one verse in the Bible; I just can't seem to find it. Once verse that said, 'If you don't like them, kill them.' I really wish I could find it! ...You stink frankly- that's the way I think about it! ...Sometimes I wish God will give me a Holy Ghost machine gun; I'll blow your head off"
Source: Benny Hinn, Praise-a-Thon, TBN, 8th November 1990

--------------------
Psalm 119:104Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way. 105Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Posts: 3465 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo Grequi
Advanced Member
Member # 3984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eduardo Grequi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE TERM "FALSE TEACHERS" IS A LIFE STYLE AND NOT A HUMAN WHO IS BORNA AGAIN WHO MAKES MISTAKES.

WHEN I TEACH WHATEVER SUBJECT, I HAVE TO MAKE SURE WHAT I AM TEACHING IS CORRECT, HONEST, AND FORTHRIGHT. ESPECIALLY WHEN IT CONCERNS THE WORD OF GOD.

AS I WAS TAUGHT, A FALSE TEACHER IS GUIDED BY PURPOSEFUL DECEITFULNESS. THE FATHER OF THAT IS THE DEVIL.

SALVATION IS CHRIST ALONE AND NOTHING ELSE. NO WORK, NO ASPIRATION, NO VISION WILL EVER SUPERCEDE SALVATION THRU CHRIST ALONE.

Posts: 771 | From: Belvidere, IL | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yahsway
Advanced Member
Member # 3738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yahsway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I e-mailed Kenneth Copeland about 2 years ago about the "little gods" subject but got no reply.

I also e-mailed Oral Roberts ministry about which I wont go into right now and I got a 3 page personal written letter from his son and I must have hit a chord somewhere to get a letter like the one I got (he even sent me 2 free books) I mean he blasted me for not having enough faith for my finances and so on.

There are ministries out there that have called a lot of the preachers to the carpet so to speak, just like Paul Crouch, Benny Hinn, and they blasted back calling those ministries "heresy Hunters". So you see, in their pride and greed they will not listen.

As to whether they are born again christians, only God knows, But we only have to hear Yeshua's words, Lord Lord, look what WE did in YOUR Name and He says depart from me you who work lawlessness. Thats a pretty strong statement to make about those who are out casting out demons, healing the sick, ect.. in Yeshua's name don't ya think?

Shabbat Shalom

Posts: 1238 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for helpforhomeschoolers   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let me ask you T7 when these people publically state that they do not care what people say about their teachings and even go so far as to curse those who opoose their teachings do you think that the scripture requires continual going to them personally?

I will tell you that I have when I was at the time a financial contributor of KCM ministry written to them and I received no reply.

I have also written to Joyce Meyer, of whom I was also a supporter at the time regarding a booklet that she published at one time on what happened beteen the cross an the resurrection. I did get a reply telling me that they no longer print that booklet.

Others have gone to the Crouch's and to Hinn, and they have publically cursed those who oppose them. I have heard this with my own ears.

Posts: 4684 | From: Southern Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderz7
Advanced Member
Member # 31

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Thunderz7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SoftTouch has listed 10 scriptural things to do with heretics.

#1 we can only do with the Holy Spirit truly guiding us, giving us discernment of spirits, and showing us the truth in the WORD.

#'s 2,4,5,6,7,8,9, & 10 are easy enough to do in ones self.

But #3,
who is doing #3,
(just taking one from the usual punching bags)
Kenneth Copeland-
Who has been to Kenneth Copeland with a rebuke?
Who has e-mailed a rebuke to him?
Who has written and mailed him a rebuke?
Who has given KC a phone call to rebuke him?

Paul personally rebuked Peter,
Barnabas after supporting Paul through times of hardship, stood in Paul's face and left his company, going on to minister with Mark.
Paul later called for Mark, Barnabas was right, what a rebuke against Paul!

I see here much of #2, and #,s 4 through 10;
Not near enough of #1;
and NONE of #3.

T7

Posts: 1113 | From: Northeast Alabama | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
helpforhomeschoolers
Advanced Member
Member # 15

quote:

I dont think that this is for us to judge. To judge this would be to say who will rise and who wll decend.

Romans 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

However, we do know that there will be those who call HIM Lord Lord and who are not know to HIM...

Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

With all due respect BA, it seems to me that if your philosphy on this is correct these people do not exist. Everyone who sees himself as a born again christian is not neccesarily a born again Christian. Many are deceived.

Further the scripture says that the false teachers will be among US. But they are wells without water- brute beasts born for destruction:cursed children.

1 ¶ But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3 ¶ And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
7 ¶ And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)
9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
10 ¶ But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.
11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.
12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;
14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb *** speaking with man’s voice forbad the madness of the prophet.
17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

We cant judge who will be saved; we cant judge on whom God will have mercy; we are not supposed to; but we are clearly to judge whether what comes from the mouth agrees with or disagrees with the word. And we can judge what we see if it be contrary to the word. Actions and words we can judge... on whom God will have mercy? Who is or is not born again? No... not for us to judge.

SoftTouch
Advanced Member
Member # 2316

I'll post this one more time (just in case you missed it). This is what the Bible says we are to do regarding False Teachers:

What The Bible Says About A Godly Attitude Toward Heresy

In these days of theological confusion and ecclesiastical compromise, what is the Biblical position for the Bible believer to assume toward heretics and false religious teachers? Are we to patronize them, associate with them, accept their sponsorship, increase their numbers, send them converts, add to their prestige, follow their leadership, identify our churches with them, obliterate important Biblical distinctions with them??? The Bible's answer is clear.

1. Try them...I John 4:1, "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but trv the spirits, whether they be of God; because many false prophets are gone out into the world."

2. Mark them...Romans 16:17, "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them."

3. Rebuke them...Titus 1.13, "This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith."

4. Have no fellowship. ..Ephesians 5:11, "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

5. Withdraw thyself...II Thessalonians 3:6, "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which ye received of us." (See also I Timothy 6:3-5).

6. Turn away from them...11 Timothy 3:5, "...Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away."

7. Receive them not...II John 10-11, "If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed; For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds. " To our day false teachings are fostered by misplaced hospitality.

8. Have no company with him. . 11 Thessalonians 3:14, "And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. "

9. Reject them...Titus 3:10, "A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition, reject."

10. Be ye separate...II Corinthians 6:17, "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you."

The above adapted from an article by: G. Archer Weniger, D.D.

Contend For The Faith...The Bible teaching is plain. God's people and God's churches are forbidden to make common cause with modernism. Heresy is to be exposed. The ecumenical movement is controlled by heretics. Ecumenical evangelism ignores the Scriptural teaching on sound doctrine, in order "to reach lost souls." What a farce! We should be interested in lost souls, but compromise is not God's way. Jude was interested in "the common salvation", but he also contended for "the faith."

Jude 3, 4, "Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ."

--------------------

WhiteEagle
Advanced Member
Member # 3728

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiteEagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amen! Born Again!

These alleged false teachers all name the Name of Jesus Christ.

In the New Testament, even Paul and Peter had issues of doctrine they disagreed about.

Paul withstood Peter to his face because Peter was teaching one way for the Jews and another way for the Gentiles. Peter did see the light about this thanks to a vision from God about the unclean and clean. But Paul never called Peter a heretic.

I'm thankful for God's mercy to His church in this day and age. If it were like the first early church in Acts, we'd have alot of people being struck dead and carried out for trying to lie to the Holy Spirit, like Ananias and Saphirra

Posts: 1392 | From: Maine | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BORN AGAIN
unregistered

Is it not true that as to salvation, all whom you call false teachers on this forum are still bornagain Christians because they believe that Jesus was the Son of God who died for them on the cross?

Therefore as to salvation, all these people whom you call false teachers are still bornagain Christians.

So it remains that you on this "exposing false teaching" forum can only be speaking about rewards. Is that not true?

Somebody tell me? Is it not only about rewards then?

How important are rewards? Are rewards important enough to get angry over with another brother or sister? Or are we wasting precious time?

But, as to salvation, are all whom you call false teachers still bornagain Christians, or not?

bless the LORD God of Israel. BORN AGAIN in the USA by the [Cross] of His Son
"But to the Son, He said, 'Your throne, O God, will last for ever (for olam)"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement