Christian Chat Network

This version of the message boards has closed.
Please click below to go to the new Christian BBS website.

New Message Boards - Click Here

You can still search for the old message here.

Christian Message Boards

| | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Christian Message Boards   » Bible Studies   » Exposing False Teaching   » Moving post for a tired sister (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Moving post for a tired sister
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
posted February 02, 2006

quote:
Originally posted by hardcore:

Guess you got it all figured out then. And thanks for the reminder about the forum. I do need to keep in mind how uncomfortable some people are with facing the truth. You're right. It does indeed get tiring having to continually remind Christians that God's Word is the Truth, and that it's important, and that it's more important than tv evangelists.

Hope I haven't completely worn you out with too much reality.

By the way; anybody can say anything on a website. Mission Statements aren't gospel. What they don't say can be more enlightening in some cases than what they do say.

I'm sure Joel Osteen's statement probably doesn't mention that he doesn't believe in preaching sin. And I'll bet Rick Warren's statement doesn't mention anything about all the new age unscriptural garbage in his books. Do you think Benny Hinn mentions anything about his false prophecies and fake healings in his statement?

Wake. Up. Church. Apostacy. Here. Take. Off. Blinders.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hardcore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
posted February 01, 2006

quote:
Copying and pasting things from his website doesn't change the facts. There are many Christian preachers teaching a false gospel these days, and they all have websites.

quote:
HisGrace:
What I used to notice when I was in the 'Exposing' forum, was that from the many websites that were copied and pasted re these TV preachers, there wouldn't be anything showing where these people stood biblically, if indeed they were biblical scholars. It is nice to have a Mission Statement, and I haven't seen anything to lead me to believe that Rev. Hagee strays from those core beliefs given.

Let's keep in mind that this is not an Exposing forum. It gets a little tiring after awhile.

Posts: 627 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

posted February 01, 2006

quote:
Originally posted by HisGrace:
If you believe in not watching Pastor Hagee, and I haven't watched him enough to comment on whether or not he tries to convert the Jews, how can we listen to hearsay?

quote:
hardcore:
It is not hearsay, it is common knowledge that he does not believe Jews need Jesus for salvation. It is on record in many places, including his own books.

quote:
HisGrace:
All I know is that he preaches a fire and brimstone type of message.

quote:
hardcore:
Yes. He does. And I'm not trying to imply that everything he preaches is wrong. I simply pointed out one very serious issue that he is wrong on. Since you mentioned a series he was doing on Israel, I thought I'd point it out. If he's wrong about something so basic as salvation, then in my mind, it makes anything he says suspect and worth a closer look.

quote:
HisGrace:
JHMinistries Beliefs:
The Lord Jesus Christ -We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ as the only begotten Son of God. We believe in His substitutionary death for all men, His resurrection, and His eventual return to judge the world.

Salvation -We believe all men are born with a sinful nature and that the work of the Cross was to redeem man from the power of sin. We believe that this salvation is available to all who will receive it.

The Holy Spirit-We believe in the existence of the Holy Spirit as the third person of the Trinity and in His interaction with man. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as manifested by the fruit and the gifts of the Spirit.

Evangelism -We believe that evangelism is the obligation of every follower of Jesus Christ. The Lord commands us to go out and make disciples of all the earth. We believe that each person is first responsible to evangelism in their own family as the Holy Spirit leads them and gives them the ability.

quote:
hardcore:
Copying and pasting things from his website doesn't change the facts. There are many Christian preachers teaching a false gospel these days, and they all have websites.

hardcore
Advanced Member
Member # 4492

HisGrace has kindly reminded me that the Bible Study forum is not the Exposing forum, so I am moving it here; although she may very well be done with this discussion.

posted January 31, 2006

quote:
Hi HisGrace ....
Please keep your discernment antenna on high alert if watching or listening to Hagee; particularly when he's discussing Israel and the Jews (one of his favorite topics).

Hagee has received many awards from Jewish organizations and is considered their friend in combatting anti-semitism - a worthy cause I will agree.

But .....

Why are they not put off by his Christian evangelism?

Because he doesn't share Jesus with them. He does not believe that Jews need Jesus for salvation.

quote:
His Grace:
If you believe in not watching Pastor Hagee, and I haven't watched him enough to comment on whether or not he tries to convert the Jews, how can we listen to hearsay?

All I know is that he preaches a fire and brimstone type of message.

JHMinistries Beliefs:
The Lord Jesus Christ -We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ as the only begotten Son of God. We believe in His substitutionary death for all men, His resurrection, and His eventual return to judge the world.

Salvation -We believe all men are born with a sinful nature and that the work of the Cross was to redeem man from the power of sin. We believe that this salvation is available to all who will receive it.

The Holy Spirit-We believe in the existence of the Holy Spirit as the third person of the Trinity and in His interaction with man. We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as manifested by the fruit and the gifts of the Spirit.

Evangelism -We believe that evangelism is the obligation of every follower of Jesus Christ. The Lord commands us to go out and make disciples of all the earth. We believe that each person is first responsible to evangelism in their own family as the Holy Spirit leads them and gives them the ability.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Christian Message Board | Privacy Statement